It is time to state your allegiance.

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: It is time to state your allegiance.

Post by Gidean »

State my allegiance? Oh...very well. My allegiance is Chaos! Yes...I have lost it over this new EoT drek! :badh: I might as well go down in a blaze of glory! :burns:
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

ALL HAIL MALEKITH

<nough said>
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Let Malekith, Tyrion, Teclis, let all these wretched pawns stret and frut on their little stage, all swagger and self important bluster. We shall watch from the shadows of the mountains, and bide our time (even as GW write us out of the game world!). One for the Autarii here. I just never was a fan of special characters or other peoples' story lines.

If you're forcing me to choose, however, well it sounds like Tyrion's forces will be the most "Druchii". If I have to be a slave to someone, let it be a God, let it be Khaine.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Cultofkhaine wrote:Hail Khaine - death to those who follow the traitor Malekith. More blood for the glory of Khaine!

Ironic avatar is ironic :P
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

I'm torn, as a devoted khainite who believed Malus to be the true scourge and one who (mega)loaths the golden boy Tyrion
I faced him to often since 5th ed
Obviously there is only one true king, but to go against Khaines wishes..
Maybe ill hold out just yet to see which way it all goes before i pick my side.

Did anybody else notice that in the army special rules for the eternity king list, there is the hatred(elves) entry. Not sure what to make of that.
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

T.D. wrote:
Cultofkhaine wrote:Hail Khaine - death to those who follow the traitor Malekith. More blood for the glory of Khaine!

Ironic avatar is ironic :P

TD you have forced me to do the unthinkable - I have changed my Avatar that I have had for the past 6 years - Curse you Malekith :evil:
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

New avatar is pretty sweet tbf :)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Straight dark elf forever, my army will not tolerate any lesser elves to infiltrate it. Malekith is the rightful heir and only those elves who have loyally followed him through the centuries will be allowed to take the field under my leadership.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

direweasel wrote:Straight dark elf forever, my army will not tolerate any lesser elves to infiltrate it. Malekith is the rightful heir and only those elves who have loyally followed him through the centuries will be allowed to take the field under my leadership.

Agreed!

...and any bsb that brings the Banner of the World Dragon with him
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
direweasel

Post by direweasel »

Omnichron wrote:...and any bsb that brings the Banner of the World Dragon with him

Well, magic items can carry over just fine, that's not an elf. :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

direweasel wrote:
Omnichron wrote:...and any bsb that brings the Banner of the World Dragon with him

Lol! You cheesy gits! :D.
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Malekith is a failure, he'd still be sitting in a corner crying if it weren't for Morathi. Oh boo hoo, the flames they burn, people didn't bend knee at the sight of me.

Hopefully, the future brings Morathi, demon princess of Slaanesh. Your deathstar belongs to me...
PureSphinx
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by PureSphinx »

Was not Malekith's own father at once the Avatar of Khaine and the Phoenix King? Khaine is in Malekith's blood, a curse upon his family, and now that he has his rightful place as Aenarion's rightful heir, it is Tyrion and his followers that have kept the elves a sundered race. Slaanesh is weak and cowardly, and will be pushed back to hiding by any willing to oppose him. Morathi is at fault for breaking Malekith, and he is now stronger than he ever was before, and if she opposes him she will be put in her place like all others.

For Malekith, for eternity.
direweasel

Post by direweasel »

Gidean wrote:
direweasel wrote:

Lol! You cheesy gits! :D.

I just said I wouldn't let any other ELVES infiltrate. It's easy to imagine looting their stuff and using it. Nothing cheesy about that imo :)

Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

What Marchosias said (we have the same army, after all. :D )
Otherwise... the little I have read about the events make me go WUT?! and really hope it won't stay this way. I refuse to change any of our fluff before I see that it confirmed this development is to stay. From multiple sources, at best. Because... the civil war continues, we just switch teams to make it more interesting?
I just hope GW will retcon all of this and maybe release some pretty models as an apology.

Malekith and Tyrion
Were fighting for the crown
Malekith beat Tyrion
All around the town.

Some gave them white bread,
And some gave them brown;
Some gave them plum cake
And drummed them out of town
(sorry, coudn't resist. :oops: :D )
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Caraoc
Slave on the Altar

Post by Caraoc »

Rowena wrote:Malekith and Tyrion
Were fighting for the crown
Malekith beat Tyrion
All around the town.

Some gave them white bread,
And some gave them brown;
Some gave them plum cake
And drummed them out of town
LIKE! :D
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Executioner

Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

You do realize that Malekith has the longest track record of failed campaigns ever? !lol! He is the most incompetent general, a puppet, first of his mother and now a potential wife and a nephew. He has never achieved anything on his own. Even now, if not for the deeds of others he would be dead.

Elven race is truly doomed if they have to follow the Greatest Failure ever.

Unified nation? And how many of Elves survived the war this time? The chance to fight Chaos? Really? After abandoning their homelands they gave up the advantage of fighting on their own ground. They abandoned massive fortresses that held Chaos incursions earlier. By committing to another invasion on Ulthuan Malekith helped the dark gods as they didn't even do anything while Elves bled and lost fortresses, powerful shrines, countless warriors and their own gods.

And now what? DE and HE are experts at fighting in the forests like Athel Loren, right? This is their chosen ground to fight against Chaos? They seem to be unified but don't trust each other and don't have great numbers to add to their advantages. It is a recipe for a disaster, nobody gained from that apart from Malekith who satisfied his ego.

By the end of the story called End Time Malekith should die. The fact he didn't get a new model gives me hope it will happen.

I have more reasons than ever to remain the Outcast and face the true enemy of this world, Chaos.
Ankhalagon
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ankhalagon »

ALL HAIL MALEKITH!
ALL HAIL THE TRUE KING!
The Omnissiah knows all, comprehends all.
10000 pts Dark Elves of Karond Kar
3500 pts Skaven clan Mors
2000 pts Nippon Shinzei clan

2500 pts Mechanicum
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

You do realize that Malekith has the longest track record of failed campaigns ever? !lol! He is the most incompetent general, a puppet, first of his mother and now a potential wife and a nephew. He has never achieved anything on his own. Even now, if not for the deeds of others he would be dead.

Interesting....you could look at an other way too.
Malekith has succeeded in keeping an army of willfull...spitefull...and murdering Dark Elves under control for centuries... No one succeeded in taking the throne from him.
Was that because he was controlled by his mother...or because he let his mother think she was under control? ... Remember...because of his mothers influence he was able to control the Khainites.

And did he indeed have the longest track record of failed campaings? The way i see it he had only one goal....rule as king over the elves as was his birthright. And he succeeded in that as well it seems. And all those raids against the Elves....were they failed?....it succeeded in culling the weak and training the strong. It made the elves bleed an weaker...but more importantly it kept all Dark Elves firmly in line...it kept them focussed on one ultimate goal. And all that time...Malekith watched...and waited until that one perfect moment where he could become the leader to unite all elves.
So did he have many a failed campaigns...or did he have a number of failed skirmishes before the big campaign?
You could see Malekith as a true Dark Elf....willing to let other bleed and die for him as long as he gets what he wants.

<just playing devils advocate here>
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Swordmaster of Hoeth wrote:He has never achieved anything on his own.

Heh. Well I respectfully disagree. Might as well state that "Chaos never accomplished anything" because "we're still here".
He brought the Elves on the brink of extinction. That's more than Chaos ever accompllished :P

As for his other accomplishments... Well... If it weren't for Malekith, Ulthuan wouldn't be the lush place it is. He spearheaded the colonial times of Ulthuan, made it wealthy beyond anyone's dreams and proved himself more than an accomplished general in several campaigns. In fact, Ulthuan prospered mostly thanks to his actions. It's been on steady decline since his departure.

But he's a tragedy in terms of writing and as a character. They have to make him fail, because they gave him the goal to own anything and everything.
They made him the ultimate elf: only a few can rival his magic, very few can match his skill with a blade, even fewer than that can match his generalship and with some help of his mother he became a competetent politician. So how can this guy lose? Only in the most ridiculous ways that resembles slapstick comedy.

Take the Sundering, final battle. He has the force, straight up better tactics and is killing it all. Then by mere luck he gets toppled of his Dragon. Because.. that makes sense.. Somehow. I happen to tumble out of my car on the highway every once in a while too. Pure logic there.
And suddenly he calls a general retreat! Because yeah! You can't win a battle unless you're on top of your Dragon. Right?
I mean.. that's like loosing your swimsuit along the way in a swimming contest. You don't want to win so you have to get out of the pool to celebrate your victory. You want to wait for everyone else to leave.

I try to imagine other hero types where they'd have to concoct ridiculous failures just to keep him at bay. Like Hercules, and every time he lifts a massive rock, the ground under his feet sinks away until he's burried underneath the rock. Or superman, being all powerful as he is, but every villain in the world is carrying a kryptonite good luck charm so he gets beaten up every day, even as Clark Kent (I hope I didn't spoiler the identity for anyone) on his way to work. Or Batman who's grapple hooks always work but the buildings crumble underneath it and he falls. Time and time again.

I don't want him to die, though I wouldn't be sad if he did. I want the slapstick comedy to end.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Executioner

Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for taking lightly (I hope :)) my friendly pokes to spark some discussion about new world order :)

@ Cold73

But my dear friend, why would his subjects want to kill him if they all believed he is the rightful Phoenix King? Their murderous nature was revealed only when fighting for positions in hierarchy, nobody ever questioned him as a king. And the only thing he did was to funnel that rage against their kin on Ulthuan. In fact, he didn't even have to try, all DE were obsessed with killing HE, no? :)

As to failed "skirmishes" I believe you should check back the chronicles and see how small these campaigns were and how determined he was to claim the phoenix throne each time he led the invasion himself.

He could not do that alone, he could not do that with the help of Daemons, he failed to undo the Vortex, he would not have succeeded without the aid of Teclis, Allariele and Imrik and he would have been killed by Tyrion without them too (and ironically, Alith Anar).

I think you have to try harder to champion his cause :)

@ Daeron

He definitely brought the Elves on the brink of extinction, I agree with that!

Well, if not for Malekith, HE would have used their resources for last 6000 years to rebuild their colonies, reclaim cities in the Old World from puny humans and stay united against any Chaos incursion. Instead, they had to constantly fight against Malekith and his daemonic allies and used their resources to rebuild Ulthuan over and over again. Without him there would be no peace in the warhammer world so its not that HE would have forgotten how to fight. It is the civil war that made Ulthuan weaker and weaker.

Ultimate Elf? :) Please, he is so accomplished in magic that some youngling named Teclis sends him to the Realm of Chaos for holidays :) Skilled with the blade? I must have missed the time when he defeated enemy champions in single combat and didn't send his minions to fight his challenges for him. Like certain Urian Poisonblade for example. And despite all the help he got he still was losing to Tyrion every time they met. If not for the arrow of Alith Anar there would be no Malekith anymore. Generalship? Hm, I think I covered that one already, 6000 years of plotting and not a single successful campaign, definitely sign of a good strategist :)
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Swordmaster of Hoeth wrote:Ultimate Elf? :) Please, he is so accomplished in magic that some youngling named Teclis sends him to the Realm of Chaos for holidays :) Skilled with the blade? I must have missed the time when he defeated enemy champions in single combat and didn't send his minions to fight his challenges for him. Like certain Urian Poisonblade for example. And despite all the help he got he still was losing to Tyrion every time they met. If not for the arrow of Alith Anar there would be no Malekith anymore. Generalship? Hm, I think I covered that one already, 6000 years of plotting and not a single successful campaign, definitely sign of a good strategist :)

Ohh, exactly. That's exactly what I'm pointing at. On one hand the authors describe him to be as good with a blade as aenarion, but then he never really uses it. Because... why would you use a blade when you're good at it?
Then they make him a potent sorcerer, so that only Teclis (who would own every mage on Ulthuan) and Morathi could be a match. Still he focuses his strategy on military operations and uses magic only for show. Because, why else would you use magic?
Then they describe him as one of the best generals. He just happens to lose every battle because... well.. you know. He's evil. And evil has to lose.
It's like winning the lottery every draw but failing to hand in your ballot. That's the part I'm tired of.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Swordmaster of Hoeth wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for taking lightly (I hope :)) my friendly pokes to spark some discussion about new world order :)

<snip>

Ultimate Elf? :) Please, he is so accomplished in magic that some youngling named Teclis sends him to the Realm of Chaos for holidays :)

Well, leaving out the bit about how he had the help of two gods to do it - and still couldn't finish the job.

Swordmaster of Hoeth wrote:Skilled with the blade? I must have missed the time when he defeated enemy champions in single combat and didn't send his minions to fight his challenges for him. Like certain Urian Poisonblade for example.

I don't recall Finubar being called a coward for hiding behind Tyrion and not even showing up for the fight, or Tyrion being slighted for only surviving against Poisonblade thanks to Morathi's assistance.

But I digress. :)

<ahem>

This is a public service announcement on behalf of the Eternity King to all Asur who resent the new arrangements:

"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Dalamar wrote:The Druchii will learn that perpetual conflict among themselves will lead only to ruin and there there are other enemies out there who would like nothing more than to see elves, all elves, broken and destroyed.

After nine years of writing stories, short stories, and comic relief with the Druchii, this is just... :shock:

Mind. Blown.
Gladisknight
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Gladisknight »

It is amazing! Here I am, painting up my new High Elf Army and who takes over control? Good old Malekith. I was painting up my old army all along!
Hail to the King!
So, who wants to bet on the time it takes him to perverse the High Elves into proper Druchii behaviour?
I see a total reversal of roles, with the bling bling Elves joining the forces of Destruction and The Dark Elves becoming the champions of Order in 9th Edition. I have no idea what the Wood Elves will become, but I guess you always need tinder :burns: