9th Edition Rumours

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Lord Foster
Trainee Warrior

Re: 9th Edition Rumours

Post by Lord Foster »

Despite all the "whats" i would like to find out a "when" more than anything. Its been crazy trying to keep up with all the rumors about what may or may not change. Im seriously hoping the few models I've already bought dont end up useless
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Rumors speak of late June/ early July
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Summer is the release time from what I heard. I wouldn't be too worried about the validity date of our models.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Draecarion
Warrior

Post by Draecarion »

What I'm wondering is, if it will still be possible to combine the three Elf armies in 9th edition, since
[+] SPOILER
well, the world ended.

So far we assumed that the collapse of the three elven armies into one was the way to go for 9th, but I'm not so sure anymore. What do you think?

On the other hand, combining the Dark Elves with the other armies should now be easier, considering that
[+] SPOILER
pretty much every Dark Elf special character is dead.

I know opinions are quite mixed about this, but I for one really hope for the option to combine elven armies.
flatworldsedge
Chosen of Khaine

Post by flatworldsedge »

Ceridar wrote:...option to combine elven armies.

I suspect Elves will exist as only one faction, given the various rumours and ET trajectory. If they're looking to reduce total number of armies, than a few options within Elves is easier to maintain than all three distinct armies. I'm guessing that something broadly "Wood Elfy" is the most likely to shape a single Elf selection - as the most Tolkien-esque, most readily grasped clliche and given they can encompass both the light and dark aspects of previous Elven aspects. You could see how Wood Elves alone could exist, but selections could shape it to Dark of High echoes.

Personally, I do hope all three still remain separate and distinct. (Though I wouldn't cry especially for High Elves).
[+] SPOILER
Given they've ditched Naggaroth (and it seems the whole world...), killed all the special characters, wrapped up the key plots, goals and agendas that drive the separation, etc., etc.
... I'm not holding out much hope.

At the start of the process I'd be mad about that, but after the mad fest of vandalisation, I'd just take light/dark aspects of a generic Elf faction as a minor triumph. That, of course, being GW's plan all along, no doubt. Smash up people's world, tell them they'll end up living in bubbles, and then watch them weep with gratitude when you it's not quite as bad as they feared in the depths of despair - even if its something they'd have gone to war over at the start of the whole wretched saga.
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

In 40k, rumours are filtering through about new Eldar models and that includes a new, plastic Avatar of Khaine. Personally, I feel GW missed a trick by having one appear with the ET series (from a models sold point of view that is). Take into account some Fantasy rumours that the Elves will have an "aspect-like" approach in the ninth edition following the merger of the races, will we see an Avatar of Khaine ruleset here?

Also, what happened to Khaine in the ET books? Was there any mention?
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Yes.
[+] SPOILER
He died. Sort of. Didn't stop Hellebron from worshipping him and the cauldrons from working ;)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

I've heard of the next edition to be converting to warband style games, round bases, faction-merging permanent, bubbles of reality,... This was either the best or worst time to pick up fantasy again. Why is there not a 'nervous' smiley on the left? :burns:
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

I think that one would suffice ;)

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

So a few more titbits.

Looks like fantasy in may is getting more traction
via Steve the Warboss 4-2-2015

Games Workshop Q2-3 Schedule
EARLY MAY
Codex Eldar (allready confirmed by Lords of War)

REST OF MAY
Warhammer 9th

EARLY JUNE
Warhammer Fantasy Content

MID JUNE
Codex Tzeentch Deamonkin

LATE JUNE
40k Expansion Part 1

EARLY JULY
Dark Angels vs. CSM Boxed Set

MID JULY
40k Expansion Part 2

LATE JULY
Warhammer Fantasy Starter Set

AUGUST
Codex Space Marines

SEPTEMBER

OCTOBER
40k Expansion Part 1
Space Marines vs. Tau Empire Boxed Set

Box set will be chaos faction vs human faction. There are armoured warriors in a way like chaos warriors but on the side of order. There is a small rules book / pamphlet included. Models are on round bases. End of April-May sounds plausible but I cannot confirm.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Sounds very viable, all of it.

Tho I'm still not buying the Round Bases

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

That round base rumour is reaching me from very different sources... But I'm still not believing it! I probably still won't believe it even when I see it! :D

- The stiff breeze
Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

There does not seem to be much debate over the IF the factions merge, but the HOW. For us, reading through articles on warhammer-empire, it appears to be we are looking to lose crossbows, cold ones and hydras. Well.... cold one knights I don't use anyway (using Dragon Princes in their place), hydras I can personally live without. I can see the argument for removing crossbows, but I love them and have 40 RXBs that I have no interest in breaking down into bits.

Its all speculation still, of course, and I'm likely just adding unnecessary stress to a process we as players don't appear to have any influence over.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Rly wonder how they are gonna Merg it all... like... "You remember all those New Army Books we just brought out? Well frig those! Here are the new ones you need to get."

If I have to buy the new BRB and a new Army Book I (and alot more ppl) will be seriously pissed.
Tho having said that... I'd propably still get them

Silic
Noble

Post by Silic »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:If I have to buy the new BRB and a new Army Book I (and alot more ppl) will be seriously pissed.

I suspect that is what GW is counting on.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:Rly wonder how they are gonna Merg it all... like... "You remember all those New Army Books we just brought out? Well frig those! Here are the new ones you need to get."

If I have to buy the new BRB and a new Army Book I (and alot more ppl) will be seriously pissed.

How is this different from the current edition? Every edition you get a new Army book. This new Army Book of -ours- will also be the new army book for -them-, that crazy bunch that didn't follow the true King from the start.

- The stiff breeze
Lord Foster
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord Foster »

Thats gonna suck if Cok are out cause i need a box to finish my first 500 point list....oh well ill build it and then put them on display if they wont be used in 9th
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Daeron wrote:
Searinox Nagharha wrote:Rly wonder how they are gonna Merg it all... like... "You remember all those New Army Books we just brought out? Well frig those! Here are the new ones you need to get."

How is this different from the current edition? Every edition you get a new Army book. This new Army Book of -ours- will also be the new army book for -them-, that crazy bunch that didn't follow the true King from the start.

True xD but they arent even finished renewing the current ones ;)

uklvrbm
Trainee Warrior

Post by uklvrbm »

What if all this crap about round bases, small warbands and new rules with each release is being done purely to kill the Ebay market for old models? I bet I've spent $500 in the past two month picking up a huge dark elf army. All of which was done on Ebay. I get that all the new stuff was bought by someone at some point and then resold. But I've got 2 hydras, 20 witches, 1 COB, 10 COK, 2 COC, 20 exec, 20 BG, a few random characters/heroes and about 60 shards and spears that were all straight up selling of old stuff. Ebay is also how I got the last 3,000 or so points in my WE army, but that was mostly new stuff just at a cheaper price point the GW. It's also where I purchased the entirety of my brother's 4,000 point HE army.

It seems to really be their only motivation for killing off so many of the models we've collected over the years.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

And a little more details.

UMP: Content box ninth edition
Greetings to all. 

Back to you from my slumber to inform you of something that has come to me from very reliable sources. You know that if you see no update Stubborn to Dieces is because we have a bomb. 

Contents of the box ninth edition. April 24 in pre-ordering. All minis are new and bring the rules into and round bases. 

-Caos: Two characters, one exclusive; five miniatures cavalry, ten warriors of Chaos, Chaos demons d5, some kind of monster Chaos.

-Light: Two characters 10 holy warriors 10 warriors of the new faction, five holy knights on horseback, dwarf war machine. 

In light faction minis grail knights appear. 
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

It seems everyone is holding their breath! :P

While rumours tend to increase as we approach launch date, I get the impression rumours are slowing down, oddly enough. The first rumoured release date was the 24th of April but that doesn't look like it will be happening.

So the bets are on May now?

- The stiff breeze
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Last rumoured release schedule that I saw:

Please remember that these are rumors.

via Steve the Warboss on Faeit 212
EARLY MAY
Codex Eldar: Craftworlds

REST OF MAY
Warhammer 9th

EARLY JUNE

MID JUNE
Codex Tzeentch Deamonkin

LATE JUNE
40k Expansion Part 1

EARLY JULY
Dark Angels vs. CSM Boxed Set

MID JULY
40k Expansion Part 2

LATE JULY
Warhammer Fantasy Starter Set

AUGUST
Codex Space Marines

SEPTEMBER

OCTOBER
40k Expansion Part 1
Space Marines vs. Tau Empire Boxed Set

These are Expansions like Sanctus Reach and Shield of Baal with two Box releases. At the moment i do not know the content of both coming expansion sets.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Fairly inaccurate, as Craftworlds is already there in April, and the first release in May is the Assassins 30k box set being released for preorder this coming weekend.

Might be something a little later in May perhaps, but timings seem off from the start.
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

According to Warseer, it's due on the 11th July.
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Apparently, the following is a teaser from GW Lille:

The sun goes down, teintant the sky of rubis and blood...

The elected will get together in the heart of the sanctuary, bringing with them the hopes of their people...

They will fight for the glory, for the honor, at the edge of the abyss...

Will the lowest in the abyss while the strongest will be brought to the naked...

Then they will fall in turn, victims of their pride until it is more than a glorified, glory, lying in the blood of his own nation, deaf to the supplications dying while he will recover this rightful Right, Sacred Eternal Champion in the heart of the Night, Supreme Lord in the land Devastated, King Nocturne acclaimed by the ghosts of his enemies... Until dawn...

That the forges revolve nights and days, that the prophets look through the future, that your armies are amassing around your banner. Prepare yourself mortals!

Because I am khorne! The Lord of the blood! The archi-commander! The forge-war!

You are my guests... Enter in my arena. The rules have changed, prepare yourself!!

Information directly in store!! You do not want to miss this, believe me on floor

I've also been told the date is the 13th June 2015, at least that's what their Store Manager is expecting for the Pre-Orders.