9th Edition Rumours

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: 9th Edition Rumours

Post by T.D. »

That's a read and a half 8)

Sounds pretty cool if true.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Just found out that the big rumour dump is from 2014.

...still waiting!
herpesFree
Trainee Warrior

Post by herpesFree »

Are there any rumors that seem like a sure thing? That 'nigmos' Goblins rumor sounded horrible.

I wanna know cause I'm itching to buy some models and I'm not sure what to do? Wait or Buy? Cake or Die?
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

I think the overwhelming response of people at the moment is wait and see.

I know I am, short of picking some bits up to finish my wood elves, even if I never play them in 9th/AoS.

Sure would like to be able to add some stuff though, fingers crossed this is going to be good, I want to make up some Wood Elf Cold One Knights and Corsairs.
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

For us The Season of Doom is ended, now The Season of Opportunity is begun.
herpesFree
Trainee Warrior

Post by herpesFree »

Makiwara wrote:I think the overwhelming response of people at the moment is wait and see.

I know I am, short of picking some bits up to finish my wood elves, even if I never play them in 9th/AoS.

Sure would like to be able to add some stuff though, fingers crossed this is going to be good, I want to make up some Wood Elf Cold One Knights and Corsairs.

It's so strange to me that there's no info about anything. With a new edition people should be excited, but NOPE! Anxiety and worry :evil: :burns: :evil: :burns: :evil:

I wish I could have a glimpse into the minds of the people running the show Games-Workshop big wigs so I could understand the reasoning behind this behind the holding back of any info.

EDIT: I really wanna buy some CoK and Corsairs too. The models are awesome!
Last edited by herpesFree on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

herpesFree wrote:
Makiwara wrote:I think the overwhelming response of people at the moment is wait and see.

It's so strange to me that there's no info about anything. With a new edition people should be excited, but NOPE! Anxiety and worry :evil: :burns: :evil: :burns: :evil:

I wish I could have a glimpse into the minds of the people running the show so I could understand the reasoning behind this.

I think we'd be more excited if the game wasn't about to change so significantly. We haven't had the lore moving along in WFB in this way for quite literally decades, if ever. We know that big changes are on the horizon and their exact form remains unknown.

I'm excited, sure. But I also want to avoid spending money on something which may become redundant very soon. I'm also a little concerned that some of the shiny new models I've bought in the last year might suddenly become vendor trash.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
herpesFree
Trainee Warrior

Post by herpesFree »

Haagrum wrote:
herpesFree wrote:

I wish I could have a glimpse into the minds of the people running the show so I could understand the reasoning behind this.

I think we'd be more excited if the game wasn't about to change so significantly. We haven't had the lore moving along in WFB in this way for quite literally decades, if ever. We know that big changes are on the horizon and their exact form remains unknown.

I'm excited, sure. But I also want to avoid spending money on something which may become redundant very soon. I'm also a little concerned that some of the shiny new models I've bought in the last year might suddenly become vendor trash.

I completely understand you. Even just a quick write up in their mag about whether or not old models are going to be compatible would be nice.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

It would be hard to invalidate Dark Elf models. You can play a generic elven army rules wise with dark elf models. Heck, you could play Empire rules with dark elf models if you want. Nobody will stop you. There's no Black Ops team waiting to kick in your door and take you down if you do.
I managed to use Dark Elf Warriors (6th ed, spears) as stand-ins for Witch Elves just last week because they were nicely painted vs the grey slob of witch elves that I have laying about. I don't think it threatened my health.
The question is how close you want the rules to reflect the model.

I mean, every once in a while somebody comes up with heavily converted models, or spider riders, or some kind of model that is no longer in production. Generally, these creative armies get a good reception and welcome to the scene. Bases are pretty much the only reason I can think of why your model might not be ready to play as is. But aside from that, I would not be too worried. If you want to buy models, I'd buy the models I like to see, and take joy of making them and painting them as awesome as you want them to be. Because, (A) it's a very important part of the hobby and (B) even if the rules change, the models would you prefer to play with are models you like.

Unless, of course, you want GW organized tournaments. Which don't exist anymore, I think.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
herpesFree
Trainee Warrior

Post by herpesFree »

Daeron wrote:There's no Black Ops team waiting to kick in your door and take you down if you do.

Are you sure?
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Either they didn't exist, or they didn't charge in because they were afraid of the witch elves.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

Post by Lord hajjij »

I've been promised some legit info by the end of this week by a guy who's going to be play testing the game. Will definitely summarize here.
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Lord hajjij wrote:I've been promised some legit info by the end of this week by a guy who's going to be play testing the game. Will definitely summarize here.

Cheers my good man 8)
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Dark Angels are up for pre-order on the Warhammer Fantasy page.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/War ... 0002a-flat
Either somebody's finger slipped, and they accidentally made it available for Warhammer Fantasy. Or they are merging the two game systems.
The answer that fills your heart with dread is probably true.

- The stiff breeze
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

I'm sorry, all I heard was I might get to add a Solitare and grav tanks to my army. Screw you double cannon list.

They see me hovering... they getting shurikened.

!lol!
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

herpesFree
Trainee Warrior

Post by herpesFree »

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/06/breaking-age-of-sigmar-pics-details.html

Sneek peek/recap of the warhammer world and end times and a few rumors.
herpesFree
Trainee Warrior

Post by herpesFree »

Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

From Steve the warboss, who has a quite bad track record apparently.

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

So, I will leave this here.
Warhammer looking very 40kesque and round bases...
Could make a very passable Space Marine army out of those I think

Guessing Elves will be looking very similar to the Eldar.
Aesthetically so different to WH as we know it.

IMG_20150626_WA0000.jpg
Lord hajjij

Post by Lord hajjij »

This f***ing blows.

-Sun Tzu
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

I actually quite dig it.

Obviously it is 40k x Warmachine ...but it still looks cool.

Looks good for parts sourcing, which maintains my continued interest, and the game will probably appeal to the kids, which will allow it to continue into the future.

-> But yes, Warhammer as we know it is dead!
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Kind of reminds me of the transition from Diablo and Warcraft. The older games were way more down-to-earth. The latest editions being high fantasy. It could still be a very neat style. I do fear our Dark Elves will look alien in such a game... But not all.
I still see a lot of models fit in. IE: the latest Dwarf models wouldn't look too shabby side by side with this. Our Executioners and Black Guard are alright. Our Witch Elves might need a bit of a different paint job but okay. Corsairs and COKs would look a bit off I suppose.

For what it's worth, I see this boosting the landscape. In our current fantasy setting, we'd have to build a giant building or aquaduct, Tolkien style, to make it look epic. I certainly love that style... But this new style permits a bit more variety where with more ornate and weird decorations filling the room. Perhaps the new use of skirmisher units will permit a more dynamic landscape too.

- The stiff breeze
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

For what it's worth, G.W. is showing some decency at least. It didn't make a picture of one of those Sigmarine's rears with the title "Break the internet!"

- The stiff breeze
Lord hajjij

Post by Lord hajjij »

Ba-dum ching!

-Sun Tzu
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

Looking at these models makes me think two things... First, weren't the pre Space Marines called Thunder Warriors?

Second, I think I'm going to have to build a Mannfred and shoot him with my hunting rifle. Damn it Mannfred!