Eldarin swear words?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Scalenex
Slave on the Altar

Eldarin swear words?

Post by Scalenex »

I mostly write Lizardmen fluff pieces. A long time ago I invented a Saurian curse "Mahrlect!" I never translated it, I use it in place of English four letter words. The context makes it clear that's it's profanity and other writers have picked up and started using it.

Now that I'm starting to write more about the warm bloods, I could use some Eldarin swear words. Even unofficial swear words would be nice. Right now I'm working on the tale of a witch hunter in Nordland. One of the many problems he's dealing with is Dark Elves collaborating with Human Khaine cultists to abduct children for slavery in Naggoroth, to fence stolen goods that the Druchii don't want to use, and possibly spy on the Empire. Eventually he gets joined by a High Elf hoping to shut down the Dark Elves.

Since I am going for grim and gritty but don't want to be censored, I would like my High and Dark Elf characters to "swear."

Also plan to tell the story of a small Dark Elf-Lizardmen war from both sides though my Elf character is probably going to be too dignified to have much potty mouth for that one.

If you guys have anything, let me know. Otherwise I'll make something up I guess.

Thanks in advance.
Insert witty signature here
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: Eldarin swear words?

Post by T.D. »

You could check out the Druchii language articles posted on other threads in this section.

The only swear word I can think of is "Death to the High Elves!" ...which I cant spell without a reference. Kinthuthalkein or something.

As to made up swear words, I always appreciated Noy Jitat! from the cartoon Pirates of Dark Water. Sounds Elfy to me :P

http://piratesofdarkwater.net/dictionary/
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame