Juza miniaturas: dark elf war altar (victim update)

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Juza
Slave (off the Altar)

Juza miniaturas: dark elf war altar (victim update)

Post by Juza »

Hi all, this is one of the next miniatures that i want to produce for Juza miniaturas, but before that, i want to know some people opinions about some questions.

1) Cast this miniature in metal is too expensive for the buyers. Can it be a problem to produce it (only the big statue, not the elf and the victim that will be sculpt) in resin?

2) How much do you think this kit should cost? (i will not produce it if people think it´s to expensive and i can´t reduce the production cost). Think that the kit will be sell with the elf, the victim and the war altar.

3) Opinions and all you want to say.

Hope you like it.
Last edited by Juza on Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

its pretty neat it could work well as part of the khaine statue for a cauldron of blood. Resin could work though its harder to paint. As for price i would expect somethin like £20 but as cheap as possible would be nice ;)

I like the model especially skulls and the statues crown.
tmr
Executioner

Post by tmr »

very cool... i agree with the price above - I'd even pay the extra shipping to get it to the US. very cool...
Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Looks very good only one small criticisim....the ears are way too big on the statue. Other than that, it looks better than the GW model, substantially better.

As far as cost is concerned, you need to price it in the realm of the GW cauldron of blood price. If you can get it in for under GW's price you will be ahead of the game.
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Alectro
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Alectro »

Fantastic! Just the ears of the statue need to be toned down...
Other than that is certainly better than GW's miniature

PS. Shouldnt there be a cauldron too?Fluff wise and all

When do you expect to have it ready? I WANT IT!
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

A nice looking cauldron would complete the model, and I dare say that if it was in the same cost region as the GW model then sales would not be an issue as the GW abomination isn't worth the money you pay for it...
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Yourmumrang
Noble

Post by Yourmumrang »

Agreed. Get within the same range as the GW one (a little bit cheaper would wipe away any competition) and you'll be laughing.

I would certainly pay up to £25 for that! Ideall £20 or so but I'm cheap (actually, if I'm being cheap I'd say £18).

It's really beautiful. You should be very proud! :D
Ampao
Assassin

Post by Ampao »

Id like to add my voice into this.

Same price for a Cauldron. :D And how much do you ship to the US?
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

Id pick one up at around £20, and Resin would make sence.
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Yeah, 40 Australian dollars or twenty UK pounds seem very reasonable to me as well, but as someone pointed out - the cheaper the better ;)

As to the model - Its a beauty. I'd buy one if possible. Have you got an online store or something? (sorry if this question seems stupid - I've just never heard of you for some reason... probably I'm just ignorant or something :( )

Another question - what is that model next to the statue? Can I buy one? (please say yes :D )

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Now that's good sculpting. I agree the ears are a little large, or perhaps I'm just going blind, but the left ear looks a touch bigger? And - this is merely a stylistic concern - that's a handsome face the Lord of Murder has there, but shouldn't it be masked? I just thought, you, know, Khaine would have a mask.

Anyways, it's bloody good work, if you can build a matching Cauldron, make it 30 quid or more, I'll be after one. As it is I haven't much use for it, without Cauldron and all, and not even that, not even combined with the power of Chris Fitzpatrick's 'Bubbles', could convince me to buy one. But that is an awesome model, and can we get a close up of your Hag, please?
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
King coombs #1
Black Guard

Post by King coombs #1 »

BRILLIANT. That defiantly get the Coombs seal of excellence. =]

Though only one criticism, If he isn't wearing a shirt, Where are the nipples?

=]
Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.

"Coombs, why do i keep you around! :/"
Juza
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Juza »

I´ll take in consideration all the things you tell me about the mini, but there are certain things i can not change.

Some of you asked for a cauldron, but Gw can say i had copied his miniature and i´m not selling a cauldron of blood, just a dark elf war altar. I will produce a victim for the dark elf hero i´ve been selling untill now and that you will get for free with this model.

So, you will get the altar, the dark elf and the victim instead of a couldron (i think it´s easy to convert it anyway).

About the ears... well, i think it´s a good way of showing that it´s a statue, but i will think about it.

"Have you got an online store or something? (sorry if this question seems stupid - I've just never heard of you for some reason... probably I'm just ignorant or something Sad )

Another question - what is that model next to the statue? Can I buy one? (please say yes Very Happy ) "

http://juza-miniaturas.blogspot.com/

You can see the model next to the statue there but, as i have said before, you will get the mini you have request free with the war altar.

See you, Juza.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

when can we expect this to be on sale? Im seeing a good conversion involving this statue, a cauldron, the bathing witch elf and the models you say come free with this :)

edit - and yeah i agree that his chest needs nipples or it doesnt quite look right.
Sinzaren
The Soulreiver

Post by Sinzaren »

Well I would definatly pick a one up, not really bothered about the price, will go out and buy almost anything dark elfy that looks cool :P
We ride with kings on mighty steeds across the Devils plain...

http://sinzaren.blogspot.com/
My Blogger Painting Blog - Full of Dark Elf goodness
Silar
Cold One Knight

Post by Silar »

Bravo man, that is some fine work you've done, I'll definitly buy one, like Mr anderson said I'd pay around $40 aud + 10-15 in shipping. And yea the statue definitly need nipples.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Fantastic. I would pay anything up to about £30 for it, but the cheeper the better from my perspective.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Dread_knight666
Noble

Post by Dread_knight666 »

Wow Juza, that is a really cool model, I would defiantly buy it if it were made available for a reasonable price. I think $40 - $45 would be a steal for such a nice model.

As for the ears, it's not hard to file them down if you don't like them and as for it not being on a cauldron, I can live with that too. It just means I have to get a little creative. And as for the nipple thing, I think some people are forgetting it's supposed to be a statue, it's doesn't have to be 100% anatomically correct.

Anyways, awesome work, I hope you end up releasing it.
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

as soon as you release it i'm buying one.

£30 including P+P sounds about fair, with the extra witch elves and sacrificed model.
Juza
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Juza »

Wip update.

Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

Very, very nice. Excepting only that you seem to have a thing for overly large ears. !razz!
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Zeb
Noble

Post by Zeb »

Love it, it's very characterful and Druchii. Would consider buying it any day, or at least those day my pay-check arrives ;)
"We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go
Always a little further; it may be
Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
Across that angry or glimmering sea ..."
from 'Hassan' by James E. Flecker
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Awesomeness.

Very, very characterful. I'd buy that instead of the GW one :D
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Overall excellent, BUT you recreated the awful cheesy heart-to-be-stabbed from the GW model that I really dislike. The head set is a little too wood elfy too I feel. Don't forget the nipples on him either! I'd like another angle on the victim models if you could.

Incidently GW are looking for a new miniture designer in case you're interested: check their home page career's section. :idea:
Ampao
Assassin

Post by Ampao »

Awesome!!! I love the models! woohoo!

When does it become available? (in the states).