What have you been painting the last few days?

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

What have you been painting the last few days?

Post by Lordsaradain »

Starting Sunday to today I've made these:

ImageImage

Sunday the two regular spawns, the Nurgle herald and Slaanesh Spawn Monday, Tuesday the Varghulf, Wednesday the 2 Nurgle Characters and today the Chaos Sorceror. Hopefully I can keep up the painting pace thoughout next week as well, I have to prepare for the coming of Chaos(WoC)! :D

So what have you guys been up to?
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Sarcon
Beastmaster

Post by Sarcon »

I'll join the bandwagon...

I've been painting in the last week: (as can be viewd in my army blog)

Dark riders:

Harpies:

And the two of them together (all cute and cuddly :lol: )

I will paint all day next saturday, so I'm going to try to have my unit knights done by then!
Be sure to check out my Army blog.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Mostly conversion ideas, priming what's left of my DE (thread to come) a whole Dark Eldar force on my table and my DE are on my closet shelf, but I finished up one of my fiends, dipping is ftw - 'cept I painted it on, opposed to dipping. Less mess;
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I'm still working on 5 dark riders, and hopefully I'll manage to get another 5 dark riders done before the end of next week... or I'll have to change my GT list a bit <.<
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
And
Trainee Warrior

Post by And »

I am to paint aunit of 20 black guards that i just bought from a guy. some models need to gt ripped of old paint, but im really looking forward to getting started :D
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I've been jumping over a few projects all week.

Preparing for a warbands campaign coming up I'm rapidly building and painting gnoblars like a madman, my fault for thinking a gnoblar hordes list would be "fun". Here's my Honcho I just finished, as well as a Rhinox for my Head Honcho I'll be working on later:

Also, for my showcase, fluffy army I just finished Converting/painting Galrauch for my chaos Dragon:

I also work on commission for one of my friends. I'm painting hordes of Necrons. I usually work on a few of these guys a day. No pics though...

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

Just finished up some warhounds:
ImageImage
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Haha, I see a copy of "Art of War" in the back. I finished reading that version not to long ago. That is an awesome book, I have a few different translations of it, and I try to read one of them every few months.
Also, the hounds look nice.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

bikeninja wrote:Haha, I see a copy of "Art of War" in the back. I finished reading that version not to long ago. That is an awesome book, I have a few different translations of it, and I try to read one of them every few months.
Also, the hounds look nice.

Yeah, I put it there on purpose just to see if someone would notice. Sweet!

I really like your dragon btw. ;)

The hounds look abit glossy in that picture, must be because of the flash... IRL they are not the slightest bit glossy. They might still need some touch ups and of course basing, but I'll save the basing untill I've aquired and assembeld all the new WoC I'm planning to buy. :P

...let's see, I'll need the book, a battalion, an extra box of warriors, 2 boxes of marauder horsemen, the khorne lord on jugger is a must have...for a start. :D
(\__/)
(O.o )
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Post by Lion of flanders »

I'm not painting, but rather have been converting for about a month. After a hiatus, I'm back to the beloved Dark Elves, putting together some new stuff for tournaments next year.

Conversions for another few weeks, then on to painting.
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

I've been building Tomb Kings that me and my girlfriend share. I'm pinning a Bone Giant this very moment and yesterday I got two Ushabti half way done. Just the chariots and Bowmen after these and I can move to my Dark Eldar - or Dark Elves, I don't know...
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings/
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams/
Blinded by me, you cant see a thing/
Just call my name, `cause Ill hear you scream
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Lion of Flanders wrote:I'm not painting, but rather have been converting for about a month. After a hiatus, I'm back to the beloved Dark Elves, putting together some new stuff for tournaments next year.

Conversions for another few weeks, then on to painting.

Always, always good to see your models, good sir. :) Glad to see you back, and hope to see more.

Can we instead make this like "What is on your painting table this week?" thread? :)
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I've just painted half the new Chaos box for ebay. Goes up later today, and the other half will follow next week.

Now I have to paint a 2000pt Kairos/Blue Scribes army for my son to use at Heat 2 this coming weekend....!
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Hehe, and I'm struggling to finish off 5 dark riders and a sorceress...
Guess I might just take some nights off sleep <.<
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Aaargh! Nothing! Just had spinal surgery and I'm not allowed to lift of twist for 2 weeks. I can't even concentrate long enough to focus on a mini. I never thought I would miss painting so much but I did a swathe of conversions just before I went in. Now I have a foot master, 2 manticores, a peggy sorceress, a converted AoW noble, 2 assassins and the new foot sorc to paint and they are just tormenting me... !cry!
Bassman76
Highborn

Post by Bassman76 »

3 hobgoblins.... only 3 hobgoblins?!?! :shock:
I should stop hanging around on Druchii.net and go back to the working desk!! :badh:

!smile!
when you go down, go down fighting!!

if you hang around Milan:

www.milantour.net

Special cultural events in Milan? Pretige locations for your company?

www.milanoarte.net
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

Cairn Wraiths
ImageImage
(\__/)
(O.o )
And
Trainee Warrior

Post by And »

I've been cooking with my new sorceress (the witch hag model from the cauldron), some BGs and just recieved my glade riders and made them into Dark Riders. Or glued them at least. Here goes:

EDIT: sry about the pic size.. dont know why they are so big :S

The sorc - first try at blending!!

The workstation atm:

Close up BGs (only command groups is painted - bases not done)

and two dark rider pics

let my know what you think : )
Last edited by And on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Notts
Cold One Knight

Post by Notts »

I love the sorceress cloak, and looking forward to seeing the rest painted
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

I have started on my woodies again started making fauns and centaurs( look for a blog which probably will come before christmas) remember I am sloow. And And I think your models look fast and deadly.
Your BG base looks really cool also, nice
Calibisto
Corsair

Post by Calibisto »

I'm working on some dwarven Thunderers.
Sanity is highly overrated.
Domus
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Domus »

Painted this guy up for both my WE army and a Halloween themed painting competition.

I can't wait to start converting / assembling and painting my new dark elf army. I have quite a few ideas.
Lord ruerl of harganeth
Beastmaster
Location: Searching Ulthuan for my wife's murderer (New Zealand actually)

Post by Lord ruerl of harganeth »

And What bits did you use for the DR? I can see corsair handbows warrior bits and Glade riders? That's a nice combo. I'm tempted to do the same (except possibly make some hoods instead of helmets). I keep hearing rumors (unrelaible ones) about a new wave of DE stuff and new DR might be among them.

Cause I'm working at the mo :) doesn't leave much time for painting :cry:
But this weekend all my mates and most of my family are either out of town or busy so I'll get to do some more ! I have been assembling a few space marines for my revised Marine list (now the new codex is out). I've done 2 out of 5 bikes and 3 out of 6 stren guards (Using dA veteran bits cause I had them lying around)
"Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, I will have my Venegance"
Uman
Cold One Knight

Post by Uman »

Gamezone crossbow elves for me!!! Will be finished tomorrow!!! Yay! Then on to spear elves :)

U
Pete-h
Executioner

Post by Pete-h »

@domus - love the scarecrow...

I've been on a bit of a painting frenzy over the last couple of weeks with 4 entries to a couple of online competitions. Next up is another competition entry which is due in the next 2 weeks and then on the run up to xmas I can finally get back to finishing my Druchii spearelf unit (only the 3 command to go) and a test paint scheme on a Shade.