Ogre for a Dwarf Army [Pic]

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Nym the slaver
Warrior

Ogre for a Dwarf Army [Pic]

Post by Nym the slaver »

Here is the first of 4 Ogres I'm making for a friends Dwarf army Comments please. I'm going to make some for my DE army next so also any suggestions on how to do that would be great.

Diederikiii
Shade

Post by Diederikiii »

he looks good, going to be used as fillers ?

I'm curently converting 4 for my druchii's.
I'll tel you how they look at the moment. (mine are from a leadblenchers box).

1) he gots a chainmail hood but his eyes and part of the nose is visable, he gots 2 of those fists with pikes (the one that looks like a boxing glove) but yes it is only right handed so put some puty over both hands and made chainmail. so he has mail beneath his glove thingie. and he has pikes stikking out of his boots.

2)now he's my favorite , didn't gave him a gutplate but I sculpt a fat belly haning out. gave hime the fatty head with al those strange things comming out of his face. in his right hand he has a torch (just cut of the stone of a club and sculpt fire ontop of it). His left is the arm of one of the cannons with just some "rope" or something in the hand, I drilled a hole in the bottom side of it and connented it to one of the manny barels you get with them and attached it to his side.
My lil' fat flame thrower.

3) "me wanna be corsair", eye patch, scimitar, scratchbuild repeater handbow and thinking of getting him a sea dragon cloak pants.

4) zoooooof zooof
"look out bolt thrower, eeuhm what its moving"
hasen't a head yet but I cut away his cannon and am putting a scracthbuild bolt thrower in there.

If you got more I sugjest making some that "represent or are trying to copycat" our core troops cause you'll take core with you otherwise a corsaris ogre in a unit of exe :? . But its al up to you.

Hoped I helped.

cheers

Edit; go and look at "ogre stronghold" maybe you'll get some inspiration there
Druchii77
Purveyor of Pain

Post by Druchii77 »

The painting looks great. Also, I really like the subtle conversions using the dwarf pieces. Great job.
castrensis in totus res
Fight my Brutehttp://suckerpunch77.mybrute.com
Try Evony!http://zao77s.evony.com
Irtehdar
Assassin

Post by Irtehdar »

I like it. And Im probably going to copy it with afew unitfillers for my Corsairs... And dare I say... ''Witch Ogre''... 1 ton raw beauty(and bacon) in a chainmail bikini...
Daddy! I sorta kinda had an accident... I was playing with my slave and it sorta... Umm... It's arm fell off!
*sobs*

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"

Any idiot can measure strenght. Against properly played MSU you must measure something you cannot see.
Arathorn
Slave on the Altar

Post by Arathorn »

Irtehdar wrote:I like it. And Im probably going to copy it with afew unitfillers for my Corsairs... And dare I say... ''Witch Ogre''... 1 ton raw beauty(and bacon) in a chainmail bikini...

:twisted:

It looks realy good. What did you make the shields of?
Libertas ex veritate

Dark Elves
W/D/L
3/0/2
Seralkith
Beastmaster

Post by Seralkith »

Very nicely done! You've tied him in quite well between the beard (I know he came with it) Dwarf decals and round shield. I'm really looking forward to seeing your Druchii ogres now - Don't make us wait too long eh?

For Dark elf ideas here are some possibilities:

-a spiky weapon(s)
-tattoos similar to the shades on p. 85
-colour selection for clothe and metal (obvious but oh well)
-depending on your gs ability sculpt Druchii-like aromour
Mmckeddie
Assassin

Post by Mmckeddie »

Looks really good, I just think the Beard could be a more contrasting colour so it stands out more. (but maybe thats just the pic.)
Death becomes you
Elipsis
Dark Rider

Post by Elipsis »

I think a ginger beard would be a lot more dwarfey, also with so much open skin tatoos would be easy and really tie him in with a dwarf army.
Looking great though!
Irtehdar
Assassin

Post by Irtehdar »

Elipsis wrote:I think a ginger beard would be a lot more dwarfey, also with so much open skin tatoos would be easy and really tie him in with a dwarf army.
And-and-and! An orange mohawk!
Daddy! I sorta kinda had an accident... I was playing with my slave and it sorta... Umm... It's arm fell off!
*sobs*

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"

Any idiot can measure strenght. Against properly played MSU you must measure something you cannot see.
Diederikiii
Shade

Post by Diederikiii »

not mine, but I think it would be appropiate to post here

http://coolminiornot.com/index/whatm/GW/id/123999
Nym the slaver
Warrior

Post by Nym the slaver »

It looks realy good. What did you make the shields of?

Here: http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/range.php?range_id=39&subcat_id=51