Battle Standard's

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Spot the grot
Slave on the Altar

Battle Standard's

Post by Spot the grot »

I'm planning on using one in my army soon. Has anyone got any ideas for a good model conversion to make one seeming as dark elves don't have a model that has a battle standard?
Pictures would help , thank you
Gh9st
Shade

Post by Gh9st »

Personally I like the Corsair banner, and I'm currently considering using the Dread on CO with the Corsair Banner and one of the swords from the Corsairs.

Not the most extreme of conversions, and can't say what it'll look like as I've yet to start...but that's my plan.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The CO-mounted BRB p.74 of the army book seems nice.

For a DS-mounted BSB, which I'm using all the time for gaming:
Legal and WYSIWYG, either with a magic banner and therefore a lance, or the banner is not magic and there is a choice between a lance and a sword (on the horse).

I used the corsair banner (which is not useful with handbow corsairs).
I took the model of Malus Darkblade, cutting off his two arms.
One arm for the banner, to which I added a warrior's shield.
Second arm from the old COK, bearing a lance.

The horse comes from the DR, with a few conversions and a sword glued to the side, ready to be taken.

The model is not fully painted (the banner is painted, with a theme of Hekarti, see Army Book p.59).

Pics.
http://www.druchii.net/album_page.php?pic_id=4072
http://www.druchii.net/album_page.php?pic_id=4071

Welcome in Druchii.net!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Bassman76
Highborn

Post by Bassman76 »

I personally love the sorceress on Co converted into a Bsb. I've seen some conversions here very good looking!
when you go down, go down fighting!!

if you hang around Milan:

www.milantour.net

Special cultural events in Milan? Pretige locations for your company?

www.milanoarte.net
Mnesthius
Beastmaster

Post by Mnesthius »

If you have access to the old (6th ed) corsair command, the musician makes a good basis of conversion. It's not difficult, I've done it (and I'm terrible with GS). The musician in that pack has a suitably austere and commanding pose. And obviously great for a corsair themed force.

Otherwise you're probably going to have to sculpt a sea dragon cloak for it to be WYSIWYG. If you can't get that one I guess you can use Black Guard models, they have a similar feel. Still, they could have magical armour that protects them especially against shooting :P

Obviously if you want a mounted bsb this advice is all useless. :lol:
ImageImage
Spot the grot
Slave on the Altar

Post by Spot the grot »

What i'm planning to do is use this dreadlord Image

Then using parts from the corsairs sprue , use the corsair banner and add some extra stuff to the top so it looks more of a BSB than a regular standard.

I plan to chop off his right hand with thweapon and put the banner on that arm , maybe with a bit of green stuff if needed.

Then the same with the shield arm except just with a corsair sword.

All this sound ok?
Georc
Assassin

Post by Georc »

I prefer the limited one from the 6. Edition Army Deal. It´s unique and can be seen quite often on Ebay.

Here a WIP pic of mine:

Kind Regards GeOrc
Jgibbs2
Slave on the Altar

Post by Jgibbs2 »

what about just using this guy? This is just one of the collectors models for DE and you can get it from games-workshop.com. The standard is a bit small but it's what I plan on using til they release a better one
Preach a sermon every day, sometimes use words...
Mnesthius
Beastmaster

Post by Mnesthius »

Hey Spot

I think that sounds good. The only caveat is that I suspect the shield is one piece with the rest of the model so removing it might lead to alot of damage to the remains. I hope you see what I mean. Best of luck, hope the conversion is easy for you!
ImageImage
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Mnesthius wrote:Hey Spot

I think that sounds good. The only caveat is that I suspect the shield is one piece with the rest of the model so removing it might lead to alot of damage to the remains. I hope you see what I mean. Best of luck, hope the conversion is easy for you!

Actually, the shield is a seperate piece, although the hand is attached.

It is fairly easy to convert the new cold-one sorceress to a BSB -- she is armored already and just requires a flag instead of her staff.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Spot the grot
Slave on the Altar

Post by Spot the grot »

jgibbs2 wrote:what about just using this guy? This is just one of the collectors models for DE and you can get it from games-workshop.com. The standard is a bit small but it's what I plan on using til they release a better one

I tell you what i would use that one as it semas very simply , buy and paint with out any hassle of converting. However last time a i looked i couldn't find it on the website.

If some one could give me a link that would be helpful. Or will i just have order in store?
Gh9st
Shade

Post by Gh9st »

If you look on the website and then go to the collectors section, rather than viewing their standard models.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1300239&rootCatGameStyle=
Spot the grot
Slave on the Altar

Post by Spot the grot »

ooo thanks