Harpy Wing Bitz Packs

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Mangara
Trainee Warrior

Harpy Wing Bitz Packs

Post by Mangara »

I read somewhere that the wings that come in the Harpy Wing bitz packs are only half of the wings. Never having seen a harpy model shy of pictures and not having any wings to look at myself I was wondering if these were enough to attach to Daemonettes in the place of buying the awful, awfully expensive harpy models that games workshop saw fit to grace us with.

If anyone has any conversions using the harpy wings some pictures would be greatly appreciated.

I know there are multiple threads in existence that discuss the use of different types of wings on the Daemonette model but I am not much of a sculptor and the heroclix wings just rub me the wrong way. I was hoping that the metal harpy wings that GW provides would suffice if properly attached to a Daemonette.

I apologize if this has been discussed to death, it was either a new topic or threadomancy, I decided that this would be the lesser of two evils.

-Mangara
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Re: Harpy Wing Bitz Packs

Post by Dyvim tvar »

Mangara wrote:I read somewhere that the wings that come in the Harpy Wing bitz packs are only half of the wings. Never having seen a harpy model shy of pictures and not having any wings to look at myself I was wondering if these were enough to attach to Daemonettes in the place of buying the awful, awfully expensive harpy models that games workshop saw fit to grace us with.

1) Yes, they are only half wings

2) No, they are not sufficient to give wings to daemonettes
Truly These are the End Times ...
Lesmiserables
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lesmiserables »

I bought 4 packs of the GW harpy wings, not knowing they were only half a wing. I went ahead and used them for my daemonette-harpy conversions, but the conversion work was extensive. Basically I had to make a wire armature on each half wing and then sculpt the missing half into the armature. I knocked out 12 harpies and decided to call it quits. If I can get around to it I'll post pictures. They look decent but for the investment and work I think it's easier to explore other options.
Tzelok
Beastmaster

Post by Tzelok »

I ended up buying a few DC HEROCLIX Hawkman Models and clipping the wings off those. They came out to roughly a buck each model shipped, and with a little GS to attach them, fit the demonettes very well.
Army Plog Below:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=63015

Scratch Built Druchii Tower:
http://druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=67976&highlight=

The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Little horus
Slave on the Altar

Post by Little horus »

Here are my conversions using these wings

Add the wire, then just drill into the middle of the back somewhere, attach and fill around the wire with green stuff.

I'm not much of a sculptor either, but they do come out pretty nice:

Mangara
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mangara »

Those don't look bad at all, that is essentially what i was doing with plasticard. I was cutting it into wing shapes. these look better than mine though, I think I may pick up some wings and give this a shot. thank you for your replies and the pictures.