Reaper Dark Maiden Razig Solo model

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Linkinhearts666
Dark Rider

Reaper Dark Maiden Razig Solo model

Post by Linkinhearts666 »

hey guys

heres a pic of the model

i think its gorgeous and I was wondering what people thought of the model. Does anyone think it would be a great model to use as a sorceress or even a master/dread?

Also is there any problems with me using this model? I think it has a much bigger base than for the standard model so I'd obviously rebase it to a 20mm base. Weights ftw if it doesnt balance haha

thanks guys
Ayxxia the Shade is hiding in the shadows and waiting to attack...

Best way to get rid of a treeman is wait until the owner has it on the table in front of him and then kick him very hard in the groin from behind. When he doubles up and smacks his face intoit, he should wreck the treeman and it will teach the little bastard not to run a treeman at 750

Its the Druchii way of gaming!
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/R ... kMaiden_ds

Its likely its on a 40*40 base. I think it would work better in an undead army. As cool as the model is, trying to fit it into a elven army is just not going to work well...
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Diederikiii
Shade

Post by Diederikiii »

Reaper has alot of great miniatures.
I think it isn't to undead, with the correct colors you could turn it into a more elven feel (and a good fluff ofcourse :D).

There is another problem.
Last weekend I was at Spiel 2009 in Essen (Germany) and I bought some miniatures from reaper and confrontation (come on 1 euro for a blister hell yeah).
Now last night I was comparing the hight with an ordanary Dark Elves Spearmen.
And I noticed that most of the reaper models (Warlord range) are some what taller. like there shoulders are were the head of the spearmen is.
This can be good or bad. It can look weird, but it could also atrract more good attantion to your Hero/Lord.
The only one getting near the spearmen is ;

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/taletia/sku-down/14285

But this is the conclusion I get out off the mini's I have.
Maybe its differint with the one you want.

cheers
Grimma
Executioner

Post by Grimma »

That is a really nice mini. The figurehead on a boat prow idea could work with the Druchii fluff but she does strike me as more undead than Dark Elf.
UNSEEN LERKER MAGAZINE - It'll make you happier than a Corsair in a Bretonnian orphanage.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

It's... a piece of a ship...
Unless you file and cut off the prow bits, I see no way of making it into any kind of druchii.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Kurl-soulrender
Black Guard

Post by Kurl-soulrender »

Agree with dalamar. But it could be used for a sea-based/themed undead army as a banshee?
-JK.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

That would be an awesome pirate banshee :D
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

That was my first thought as well -- great Banshee for a VC army, but wouldn't work as a Dark Elf.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

My first thought was "what's all that junk coming out of her back? Are those wings??" Excellent Banshee! Thumbs down to Druchii.
Warpspawntifex
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Warpspawntifex »

ok, so here are my 2 cents. yes, it would make a fantastic banshee. For the Druchii aspect, i would have to say that its workable. Yes taking of the ship bits would be a bit of a pain, but done right i think it could make a really great conversion. GS some armour on her, reposition the arms, a little bit, and then try to divert attention away from her being taller than the other models, like putting her on a tall rock or something. She could also make a good vampire. Just my 2 cents
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

Dalamar wrote:It's... a piece of a ship...
Unless you file and cut off the prow bits, I see no way of making it into any kind of druchii.

Except druchii ship figurehead ;)

But seriously - it she won't work for druchii Better check Reaper range out, there are a lot better druchii-sque minis.
Druchii Discussion moderator.