Dark elf blog (update 20.decemeber)

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lord_azoth
Highborn

Post by Lord_azoth »

really beautiful unit, the driad face improves this mini a lot...
Death before dishonor
D.e. warrior
Executioner

Post by D.e. warrior »

in one word: AMAZING! as well the conversions as the paintjobs... your highlights are really detailed,, like them very much! Have done the same conversion on my cold one knights... adding some sd cloaks and some sawed-off Black guard heads.. they look much better in that way!

keep up the good word m8
Nonnus_00
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nonnus_00 »

am i the only one that can't see the pictures?...
Kurl-soulrender
Black Guard

Post by Kurl-soulrender »

nonnus_00#

Nope, cant see them neither... Not anymore tho.
-JK.
Metallic malekith
Executioner

Post by Metallic malekith »

can't see anything either anymore
Facing the sun as they went to their grave
Burn like a dog or you live like a slave
Death is the price for your soul's liberty
To stand with the cathars and to die and be free
Dreddlore
Slave on the Altar

Post by Dreddlore »

Quick, open a second photobucket account so we can continue to see the great work you've been doing...
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

I was stuck without internet over the Christmas holidays, so I didn't notice what happened. Anyway, I have the pics uploaded at the great dakkadakka, so they are still available there. Gonna have to figure out some better gallery system if photobucket is getting too small for my bandwidth needs... Should get that own site up and running I've been thinking...

Link to Dakkadakka gallery.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery- ... jsp?u=5535

Cheers
---Tragic legend, Eerie stratum---
Lord_azoth
Highborn

Post by Lord_azoth »

Arcturus wrote:Gonna have to figure out some better gallery system if photobucket is getting too small for my bandwidth needs... Should get that own site up and running I've been thinking...

Cheers

try imageshack, for me works perfectly
Death before dishonor
Ampao
Assassin

Post by Ampao »

DoH! I see all the good replies and I can't wait to see the pictures! Hit the photobucket bandwidth limit. :(

Might I also suggest flickr for image storing. Its what I use.
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

@Lord Azoth
I think Imageshack hits the limiter as well, I'm running the DE blog on 4 different forums... :P

@Ampao
Did you notice the link to the Dakkadakka gallery above? Same pictures, no bandwidth problems.

Cheers
Ument
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ument »

Please change picture hosting place.

I reali want see you work :)
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Post by Lion of flanders »

I've long been impressed with your "cool" and "muted" color schemes that really seem to stand out and be really dynamic.

The hair color works great, and you've snuck in some suggestions of other colors here and there (a bit Frazetta-ish I think). The dynamic poses are terrific. I think the Corsairs are my favorite unit.

If I had to come up with something to critique, I'd say that the harpies come off as a bit monochrome and dark. Perhaps add something to add some contrast or color (severed high elf head in hand, perhaps?)

That's about it. I'm a big fan of your style. Keep it coming. I've been out of action for several months and seeing your stuff is inspiring me to get to work on something new....
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

@LoF
Yeah, the harpies are undoubtedly the weakest, and now with the new gargoyle wings out on the market, it's actually hard to not redo them, but I think I'll leave that for later, because it just feels completely pointless to bin "good" models. Might have to think about contrast to the harpies, I was thinking of some glowy runes as a possibility, dunno quite yet.

I'm still stuck for about a month in mandatory army service here i Finland, sooo painting miniatures is a bit erratic, but come March 1st I'm out and about, at least after that there will be an increase in updates. At the moment it looks like this month will be void of elves, what with a marine paint comp(B&C) going on atm, that I thought I'd take part in, as it's tradition. :D

And thanks for the praise, I've looked at your stuff many times over, the amount of work you put in and the ideas you have for your stuff is inspiring. It's always great to notice that you can get inspiration to flow both ways, the real resource of internet communties I should say. Look forward to seeing what you come up with when you get back in gear. ;)

@Ument
Yes, I'll look into new and better hosting when I get more stuff done, the Dakkadakka gallery looks good, might be posting links in the future, unless I find some site that really is a good host.
Lord_azoth
Highborn

Post by Lord_azoth »

Arcturus wrote:@Lord Azoth
I think Imageshack hits the limiter as well, I'm running the DE blog on 4 different forums... :P

Maybe but must be a really big one..
My FLOG photos was posted here, warseer and 3 spanish forums..and it went perfectly..if you dont find other, try it
Death before dishonor