My Druchii Kit Bashing [Pics]

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Doriili bariiliia
Raiding Baron

My Druchii Kit Bashing [Pics]

Post by Doriili bariiliia »

I Fully admit I not the best at convertion, I sort of a plasic kind guy because of the ease of dong so.

this is the Black Dragon that the Patriarch of the family rides into the rare battle that he is fighting. It is High Elf dragon with a Cold One Knight Torso up.

I have two converted Griffons one is just the High elf version with the High elf stuff scraped/filed off and this one were i manged to kit bash from all the kits. because I wanted this one to be female I used a Warror Torso with the female breast plate. The Head is from the Corsair kit with a glue and pit attachment as the neck, the lance is again from the Cold One Knight set. I will add a shield but for now I left it off. The chain was floting in my bits box, it near perfect.
"Khaine is pleased with my service brother, I care little for your opinion. The Old world is my playground. Our family lands in Naggaroth are yours."
Lord_skrolk
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord_skrolk »

Looks cool. convert this damed high elfes
or better kill them...
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

nice conversions, particularly like the pose of the dragonlord.
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

The Griffon is a really nice model in it's natural state but I'm not sure what your plan is to make it Dark Elvish. Are you going to proxy it as a Manticore?
Carolus
Executioner

Post by Carolus »

A dark pegasus seems more suited, size-wise
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

They are both on the same sized base but the Griffon is waaaaaay to big to be a pegasus. I want my Pegasus to be small so it can hide. That thing is huge!
Doriili bariiliia
Raiding Baron

Post by Doriili bariiliia »

phierlihy wrote:The Griffon is a really nice model in it's natural state but I'm not sure what your plan is to make it Dark Elvish. Are you going to proxy it as a Manticore?

Honestly it was luck, trying to get it to fit with parts was a little on the fun side. The pose came out of thet process.

phierlihy wrote:The Griffon is a really nice model in it's natural state but I'm not sure what your plan is to make it Dark Elvish. Are you going to proxy it as a Manticore?

yeah that the idea, I calling it a Manticore, I never loved the model, and it metal which i not a fan of that much. I not planing to change much since the army is based in the old world in my fluff, so it simple been stolen from there. I am not sure how I am painting it yet maybe dark colours though a Battle Cat collours for the back end had occurred to me.
"Khaine is pleased with my service brother, I care little for your opinion. The Old world is my playground. Our family lands in Naggaroth are yours."