Scratch built harpy

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Shadowd1
Cold One Knight

Scratch built harpy

Post by Shadowd1 »

As you all know the GW harpies are a nasty looking model so Im trying my hand at making my own its about 80 percent done right now so far its looking like a flying pig monkey with wings just tought id share a idea hope some people try themselves.
Well here he is

I just have to finish up the wings and do some tidying up however I think in the future ill use ungors with gargoyle wings instead .
Hope the picture is ok.
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

This may or may not look good. hard to tell ;) (i feel like i have said that before :D)

I think the wings could be a bit bigger to look "realistic" but i do understand if you want to keep them small for gaming purposes.
Shadowd1
Cold One Knight

Post by Shadowd1 »

The wings were my first ever attempt at greenstuffing wings so I kinda ruined them however I found a much easier method here http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... sc&start=0
At the moment he is decent in my oppinion looks kinda like a flying pig with horns and back hair I wont be doing any work on him for a while because I still have to finish sculpting jackets on my black gaurd and theyre just a pain to do.
Shadowd1
Cold One Knight

Post by Shadowd1 »

Image now with good wings.
Saori_nightstar
Black Guard

Post by Saori_nightstar »

well anyone who can build something from scratch unsing green stuff n bits - im a fan off! well done!
Image Image Image
Lil' Waaagh Army | DRUCHII PLOG

'I may have the week and feeble body of a woman, I but I can assure you, I have the heart and stomach of a King!' - Elizabeth I