on request, pics of new release

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Fallenturtle
Shade

Re: New DE armybook rumours summary

Post by Fallenturtle »

This just popped up on my facebook feed from 40k radio (the guys that brought you the entire space marine book about 2 weeks before it's release)

"NEW RUMORS for Warhammer Fantasy! My "source" has sent me pictures of the new Dark Elf release. The Dark Elves will be out in October with a slew of new models:

1) NEW Plastic Dark Elf Warrior Box(Makes Spearmen, swordsmen, & crossbowmen)
2) NEW PLastic Dark Riders/Warlocks
3) NEW Plastic Blackguard/Executioners
4) NEW Plastic Coldone Chariot/Scroungerunner(Pulled by horses)
5) NEW Plastic Cauldron of Blood/Blood Throne(This model is AMAZING)
6) NEW Plastic Hydra/Kraken
7) NEW Plastic Witch Elf box

This will be a huge release and the Dark Elves will be the best looking Fantasy army, IMHO. These models are breathe taking and Dark Elf fans will have their minds blown!"

I'm hoping they will leak some pictures here soon..

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!
Cold73
Highborn

Post by Cold73 »

2) NEW PLastic Dark Riders/Warlocks

Curious to see what Warlock will be.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

More info from the FB thread: (via warseer)

Apparently, and according to the latest comments in the fb thread, Warlocks look like male WEs.
Also, Execs wear a skull-like helmet, much like the Eldar Deathjester. And the Cauldron is, at least, on a chariot base.

Execs use swords (phew!). Black Guards look "amazing", with bulkier shoulders and tall helmets with plumes, so I guess pretty much like they look now (in that respect at least).
The Cauldron has six wheels and two staircases leading up to the platform with the big statue of Khaine. It is not pulled by anything, so maybe (my assumption it will be used like the Screaming Bell? Three Witch Elves on it, lots of spikes and blades.

Edit: and more! The Witch Elves have loincloths and bras (obviously) and look "vicious". On the Throne, there is something that looks like half-Witch Elf, half Medusa, with snakes as hair.

Edit: The new Hydra is beefier than the current one. And the WEs on the Throne use spears.

Edit: Warlocks are bare-chested, with long flowing hair, painted white. They seem to have black eyes (or no eyes), except for the champion, whose eyes are glowing. Dark Riders are cloaked (of course), and hunched over in the saddle, in order to present a low profile.

Almost to good to be true...
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

van Awful wrote:
Edit: Warlocks are bare-chested, with long flowing hair, painted white. They seem to have black eyes (or no eyes), except for the champion, whose eyes are glowing. Dark Riders are cloaked (of course), and hunched over in the saddle, in order to present a low profile.

Really? HURRAY!! It's such a pain to get male bare torsos for the lunar side of my army. I really hope this is true and I can't wait.
I'm really curious how all the models will turn out, it sounds awesome. So many plastic kits, as a converter I am overjoyed. :)
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Faustus5000
Warrior

Post by Faustus5000 »

If anyone finds pics of the new minis online please post the link here, ASAP!
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Re: Pictures of the new release

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

The Cauldron looks awesome
The Assassin looks sweet
The Kraken... well lets just hope the rules make up for it xD
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: on request, pics of new release

Post by T.D. »

At this stage I like the look of the big gribblie.

I would dearly love to see murder statues based on that cauldron Khaine...not sure we will be getting any of these :(

Witch Elves look to be designed by the same person who done the plastic Sorceress - I like what I have seen so far.

Beastmasters hark back to our old marauder range with the leather armour and pony tails.

I like what I am seeing...it continues the recent high fantasy/cartoon effect GW seem to be going for...not always to my personal taste...but in this case I like the base concept they are working from, and the entire Dark Elf army on the tabletop will look as nice (or nicer) than anything else in the Warhammer world 8)

And from a converting point of view - SO MANY NEW BITS :twisted: YAAAAY! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

Nec spe, nec metu

Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Re: Pictures of the new release

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

Awesome!

All the pics are here:

http://loserstudio.blogspot.co.uk/2013/ ... tures.html

Such a badass release!
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

man that medusa is awesome
Nec spe, nec metu

Rickie_82
Executioner

Post by Rickie_82 »

Assasin looks nice, will get one of those.
Not to sold on either of the couldron thingies, but of the two the medusa seems cooler.
Wiches looks nice, just hope they dont have the same fail face as the sorceress, need better picks. Their alternative heads are way ugly and not something I'll be touching.
Hydra seems workable, seems to just be a bad paintjob. Not a spektacular model but decent. The other version is not something I would even consider thou.
Not a fan of the warriors either, unles hw&s is the way to go I will most likly go with Gamzone for warriors. Dont like the Helmet choise.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Wowzers to that update you posted!

In regards to the Dual Kit Cauldron:

I've been waiting so long for some kind of Medusa themed Dark Elf thing...and now we get it...and it rocks!

*a child's Christmas day joy*

Also always wanted Khaine masked troops...and we get them!

Warriors definitely hark back to 4th edition...but with decent proportions this time around.

I like the new berserker females even better than the witches.

*Happiness*
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

hope you're right about the hydra Ricky, i'm not a big fan as is! and i like our previous 2 better!

what do you guys think?
http://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/h ... 0058_n.jpg

hellebron on the left?
Nec spe, nec metu

T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

The Hydra looks like it has learning difficulties...but don't care as I already have a nice metal one, and if I'm getting a new monster it would be the Sea Beast!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Yup, the left one matches Lion's description of Hellebron
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

I like what I see, however I am not exploding in joy.

Medusa: Awesome model. I will get this for sure!

Shadowblade: Cool miniature, got the assassins I need already, so won't buy this one.

Cauldron: I kinda like it, although I will modify it to not get THAT hight up. I will make it a lowridah!

Witch Elves: I don't really like those masks... otherwise an improvement compared to the old miniatures. They aren't "buff" as the Wyches are, which means they are good enough to get. Except that I have the Raging Heroes ones, so won't get these (most likely).

Warriors: Better details, better proportions... still big hands? Hard to say, but I'll get a few of these most likely (Although I have to get the book to decide what to get and do with them).

Hydra: I... don't think I like that one compared to the previous version. And the handlers looks a bit so and so.... might base handlers upon witch elves or something, but they are probably great when you actually get them. Will have to see about that, but I think I might keep my old hydras and just modify whatever I need to be able to play them. The heads look a bit like Kermit the frog with that paintscheme.

Kraken: I like that version more... might get it if the rules are okay.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

Just everything. Everything now please.

Delighted with the release. Now if only we can get a kick ass writer to do justice to the book this release will be one of the best GW have done.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Omnichron wrote:however I am not exploding in joy.

Oh, go on! Join in the fun! Big dark elf releases are like once a decade, so make the most of it!

*Dances*
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

This also seem to confirm that there will be more coming next month as the rumors have told us a bigger release, although the dark riders and chariots are missing in this release.

I am mostly interested in the new rules right now though. Can't wait for that :D
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Yep its supposed to be in two waves with the DR, alternative riders, and two chariots (and more?) next...
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

There has been some rumors about more characters/lords/heroes as well, so might be more next yes :)
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

Damn cauldron/throne must be some kit!
Using it to build a throne,the statue and hag will work great on the cauldron conversion i was working on.
Nec spe, nec metu

Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

THe warrior sculpts look like they're falling back to their dark elfish roots. I like them! Cauldron and throne look interesting though I think painting it will suck (in an OMG! way). Overall I'm happy though the glare is so bad, I'm not even sure what I'm looking at in some of those pictures..
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Heartsbane
Executioner

Post by Heartsbane »

Oh my, this could be expensive :)

I really like the new warriors, their armour looks like a less ornate version of the cold one knights that I love, and their RXB looks like the big brother of the corsairs handbow, so they fit in to the existing aesthetic perfectly whilst looking awesome in their own right!

The big wheeled thing looks to have some awesome touches, I really can't wait to get it in my hands to get ideas flowing as for what I could do with it. (if you look at my plog, you'll see I don't exactly have a track record of using kits unmodified...)

The new witches and what looks like the alternate unit from the same box look like they're less fragile than the very raging heroes ones, but in doing so also look slightly more blocky. Also will need to see better pictures to tell if they're the usual fantasy parody of female proportions or if they actually look good. Am very keen to see more.

New assassin looks very dynamic!

Big beast is one of those kits that I'll really enjoy converting, because it looks like the overall design and look are brilliant, but the pose just doesn't work for me. Totally fixable though! :)

Overall a great looking set of new models, and all match very well indeed to Lion's early predictions, making me comfortable that the other things predicted will follow shortly.