Alternative Blood Wrack Shrine

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Cheds234
Trainee Warrior

Alternative Blood Wrack Shrine

Post by Cheds234 »

I would like to create an alternative shrine. Does anyone have an options. The shrine is going in a corsair type army and i was thinking a floating rock/boat as small piece of a black ark type .. I' not sure if i am following the right route fordesign and would this work with the fluff on the Medusas?
Cheers
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Alternative Blood Wrack Shrine

Post by Calisson »

If ever I have a shrine, it will be a corsair one.

I was thinking about having a chariot with mast and a sail, to explain the move with no horses.
Replace the medusa with the new model of fleetmaster, at the wheel! Give him a loudspeaker for granting the +/-1 Ld.
Two corsairs instead of the crewmembers, with hooks to reflect the long range of crew's lances.
Some rows would be used to be held by the surrounding unit in case it joins one.

Such chariot must inspire terror and may KB at distance or contact. For that, mermaids could do the trick. If I ever I am to buy the original shrine, I plan to convert the medusa into a mermaid.
The original shrine's bowl could well have a shark's fin emerging from it, or a couple of piranhas, but it is not really necessary.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Cheds234
Trainee Warrior

Post by Cheds234 »

Know that sounds very cool!! Do the arks float above the water. I have it in my head that i read it some where!
My idea was a floating rock, with a large pool of blood with the medusa in it with a couple of converted mermaids from the dark eldar slaves, laying beside the pools?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

It would look awesome indeed.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

If you want a ship, what about the dark eldar ones?
If I was to make my army a multitasking one (dark elves/high elves, the fluff would fit both), this is probably what I would use as Skycutter. :)
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

That is a high quality idea and an excellent excuse for buying a Raider.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

wow that is a great idea Rowena,
Always wondered if i should add some Eldar to my army!
To bad all their elites are finecrap, making them more expensive then our new witches.(Mandrakes are awesome)
But using the raider as a Shrine is just awesome! Could even work as scourgerunner?

off topic, Is there any way someone would include 2 cauldrons and a shrine in his army? 6000 points maybe? Or perhaps 2 shrines and one cauldron. Or is that never going to happen?
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

van Awful wrote:off topic, Is there any way someone would include 2 cauldrons and a shrine in his army? 6000 points maybe? Or perhaps 2 shrines and one cauldron. Or is that never going to happen?
If it is off topic, why don't you start a new thread?
Quick answer, COB and shrine are best kept inside 20+ infantry units. The more 6wheel chariots, the more such infantry units you'd need.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Reaper makes a really cool shipwreck mast lady. I'll bet I can find it...

Not cheap but it is HUGE and would be perfect for what you have in mind I think. If anything it might be TOO big. I found it, the thing is almost a foot tall.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/s ... w_Standard
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Lots of good ideas in this thread 8)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame