[PLOG] Turquoise Raiders of Karond Kar

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
California Corsair
Slave on the Altar

[PLOG] Turquoise Raiders of Karond Kar

Post by California Corsair »

Hello everyone! Recently my fiancee and I decided to paint a Warhammer army in our wedding colors, which happen to be turquoise, crimson and gold. We looked around and dark elves seemed to fit the colors best (plus they have the coolest plastic models!).

We picked up a Warhost of Naggaroth and built it as 2 x 10 Darkshards, 20 Corsairs, 5 Cold One Knights and a Cold One Chariot. Karond Kar seemed to be a good fit for our color scheme and the units we want to play (no cult of Khaine, lots of monsters).

I've been painting for about a year, and my fiancee has only ever painted one miniature before this. However, she is an artist so she picked it up fast. :)

Here is our first unit of Darkshards:

Please note the bases aren't finished. They will have light snow on them in patches. We want the whole army to look slightly frozen. We might also add something to the banner.

And here is our first cold one, painted by Mrs Corsair:

Any comments on the color scheme would be appreciated!
Aurelius
Trainee Warrior

Re: [PLOG] Turquoise Raiders of Karond Kar

Post by Aurelius »

The paint scheme looks very complementary and the style is naturally clean. The cold one and darkshards look great with color shading, and the cold one eye looks very reptilian! What may be a result of the photo taken, my only suggestion would be to wash the faces and possibly their hands as they look a bit pallid. They may be (cold) elves, though the color seems to blend with the helmet rather than create it as a distinctive feature. Hopefully you will post more pictures to detail the snowy bases. :)
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Nice models. Looking forward to seeing more.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

May your Union be prosperous and blessed! :)

The fact you have chosen the greatest of all fantasy races is a good sign :D 8)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
anthalont
Shade

Post by anthalont »

Very nice, I like them!
What's next , Corsairs? I love Corsair models, I am curious to see your version of them:)
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

I love when new members start PLOGS as their second post on the forums. Even more so, I love the fact that the two of you are working on this army together & can't wait to hear about your exploits on the tabletop next.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
California Corsair
Slave on the Altar

Post by California Corsair »

Thanks guys! I think corsairs will be next. We're going to try to work some sea green into the color scheme for the corsairs. The cold one knights will be wearing dark crimson armor.

Aurelius: Yeah, we chose a pale skin tone and washed it very lightly with a blue wash. It actually looks better in real life and doesn't merge so much with the helmet and hair colors. I think it's because the color on the photos is a bit blown out. I dunno -- we might rethink it later. If so, we can just throw a light brown wash on there.
Heartshiver
Warrior

Post by Heartshiver »

Agreed with every one else. Hearing someone say that they are painting a new army with their bride-to-be in their wedding colours, is quite possibly the most epic thing anyone has said on a warhammer forum.! The rest of us should be so lucky. :lol:

Atharti bless your union and may it be consummated with a thousand bloody conquests!