Raging Heroes new models

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Raging Heroes new models

Post by Calisson »

https://www.ragingheroes.com/collection ... elves-de-f
... and on sale.
Lots of lovely models.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Re: Raging Heroes new models

Post by cultofkhaine »

Those are some truly beautiful models they have there. I wish I had some spare coin and the time to add them to my drow army - perhaps one day.
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

About time they were out TBF.
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

I like them a lot. However, there don't seem to be many reviews or painted versions about. If you have or can share a link with us, please do.

My biggest gripe is the awful jumble of packs they've put together. Some models are only available in certain packs which then overlaps with others on the site etc. !mad!

If you own some of their new elves, let us know what your thoughts are e.g were the models greasy, brittle, did they build well etc?
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

I received their kickstarter TGG2 one month ago (more than 2 years passed since the end of kickstarter....).
I'm in the process of washing/assembling them.
Some parts are very tiny, sharp and brittle.
But overall quality is superb.
I found them quite difficult to assemble, but I'm not very skilled at it.
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Just posted my review of their Mantis Warriors (I have others to do some point). Found them to be good quality but fiddly.
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Interesting Ming and Jolemai. I am worried about the halberds and spear shafts being resin.

I'm awaiting 2 Mierce battle hosts, otherwise I'd probably put in a decent order with RH. Perhaps just a cheeky small one. !lol!
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

In the case of the Mantis Warriors, being flimsy resin wasn't a problem in the way FWs chainaxes have a reputation of being. Just be careful when you clip them out of the sprue... I slipped and snapped one of the pincers at the wrist. It was a clean break but it's thinner than a paperclip (i.e I couldn't pin it) so it was a right job to get it to glue together. It's light so paint should hold the join, but I might add a spot of liquid green stuff if I'm feeling brave...
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

RH have some BF deals on. There's 3 different types of offer on. You'll need to make multiple separate purchases to really make the most of the deals though. ;)

It's worth noting the ultimate cauldron can now be yours for €199. :twisted:
Bobba Looba
Corsair

Post by Bobba Looba »

For those interested, Raging Heroes has an offer for what seems to be pretty good value for stl files to 3D print your own models on their Patreon.

A bunch of heroes, monsters, warriors, dark riders, cauldron, harpies, scenery etc. etc. for only 10 or 14 euros ($ price should be pretty similar).

It's only available this month (september 2021).
https://www.patreon.com/HeroesInfinite

I have bought some of their resin models (executioners and dark pegasus) in the past. Those were extremely fiddly to build and are constantly breaking to the point where they are basically unusable for games, but they are really good looking.

The 3D printed ones should have less issues , so I'm actually considering to join. Now if I could only find someone with a 3D printer...