is there someone who plays WAB

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Naram sin
Assassin

is there someone who plays WAB

Post by Naram sin »

Question is wery simple.... answer...
Innocence proves nothing
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Not simple enough, I have NO idea what WAB is...no wait...if I don't know that, probably not.

Might be better off elaborating why you're asking people this and what it means (so everyone else who doesn't know will know).
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

WAB? .. never heard of
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Warhammer Ancient Battles or something similar, I think. I have heard of it, but never have seen any models you could buy.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

I've seen it around and some of the other guys in the store play it but I don't know how many people outside us anoraks do.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

WAB = Warhammer Ancient Battles. Rules mostly from 4th edition of Warhammer but without magic and instead Elves, Lizards and other you have armies based on historical one.
Innocence proves nothing
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

Play it now and again, i have a large Macedionian army that i have yet to paint.
Its a nice system but IMO it could do with a few tweaks.

For example:

Fast Cavalry with the parthian shot ability (you can shoot on the hoof while marching) are much more deadly than they ought to be. Especially with the ability to fire and flee when charged.

There are a large number of manufacturers who produce figs, Foundry, Black Tree, Gripping Beast to name a few.

I suppose i should be grateful, it was WAB that got me back into Fantasy after a 12 year hiatus.

Rgds
Robin
Dark Rider

Post by Robin »

Got the rulebook ever since it came out. Never got around to collecting an army an playing the game. If you're interested in creating a more or less historical army WAB is the game for you using most of the familair warhammer rules. There are plenty of manufacturers around that produce nice miniatures. Also there are a lot of WAB supplements covering a lot of periods of ancient and medieval warfare.

Myself, I just started WECW=Warhammer English Civil War. Also based on the warhammer rules but covering the ECW, royalist versus parlementarians. Lots of pike and shot units and lots of heavy cavalry.

Cheers,

Robin
"Your village called, their idiot is missing"

"Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies"

"Remember: if all else fails, get out first and burn the whole thing down"
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

Actually I'm starting WBA (late medieval period) I have chosen Polish Kingdom and friend of mine will play Teutonic Order Knights. We have already collected small but nice armies, now painting it and preparing "table"
Innocence proves nothing
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

I'd quite like to play it but the lack of another person who plays it and the lack of models puts me off it.