Revenge of the Sith

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

What did you think?

Excellent, on par with the original trilogy.
61%
Good, but the original trilogy is still better
32%
Not bad. A good film, similar to Eps 1 & 2
7%

Total votes: 75

Vengeanceseeker
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vengeanceseeker »

Mielkith wrote:As Anakin and Obi-Wan return Palpatine to the senators check out the Millenium Falcon making a landing in the bottom of the screen.

I saw it at last today and saw that straight away. It might not be(and probably isn't) the Millenium Falcon. I know a small bit of background stuff and YT1300's are pretty common freighters due to the usefullness of them.
World of Arl, Where the players matter.

Free Dark Elf army!
VS' known kills: Lord Saradain.
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

This was a well debated issue on this end but this is Lucas we are talking about. If he puts a YT-130 in the film, its going to be the Falcon. From a well informed fan perspective it shouldn't be, your right. we know Lucas dosn't follow this line of thought with his General Chewbacca.
Kane
Black Guard

Post by Kane »

I know a small bit of background stuff and YT1300's are pretty common freighters due to the usefullness of them.

Yes, YT-1300's are used alot, because they are very easy to convert and upgrade. That's the reason why none are identical. The original YT-1300's actually have the cockpit in the centre of the machine (between where the MF has it's "teeth" or whatever you would call them), where th MF has it on its starboard side. So I doubt it can be any other than the Falcon.
Nice armor Tyrion. Did your husband make it for you?
Vengeanceseeker
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vengeanceseeker »

Kane wrote:Yes, YT-1300's are used alot, because they are very easy to convert and upgrade. That's the reason why none are identical. The original YT-1300's actually have the cockpit in the centre of the machine (between where the MF has it's "teeth" or whatever you would call them), where th MF has it on its starboard side. So I doubt it can be any other than the Falcon.

Sorry, but you're wrong from what I know. The changes to the MF had only one visible change on the outside, the extra turret, the YT-2000 had the cockpit between the 'teeth', most YT-1300s looked like the falcon.
World of Arl, Where the players matter.

Free Dark Elf army!
VS' known kills: Lord Saradain.
Asperon thorn
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Asperon thorn »

Vengeanceseeker wrote:
Kane wrote:Yes, YT-1300's are used alot, because they are very easy to convert and upgrade. That's the reason why none are identical. The original YT-1300's actually have the cockpit in the centre of the machine (between where the MF has it's "teeth" or whatever you would call them), where th MF has it on its starboard side. So I doubt it can be any other than the Falcon.

Sorry, but you're wrong from what I know. The changes to the MF had only one visible change on the outside, the extra turret, the YT-2000 had the cockpit between the 'teeth', most YT-1300s looked like the falcon.

As a huge EU fan (more so than any of the movies in fact) I can confirm this information as correct.

Asperon Thorn
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

Yes, the YT Frieghter that had the cockpit in the centre was a previous version (ie it had a lower number).

This was a well debated issue on this end but this is Lucas we are talking about. If he puts a YT-130 in the film, its going to be the Falcon. From a well informed fan perspective it shouldn't be, your right. we know Lucas dosn't follow this line of thought with his General Chewbacca.

Yea, Lucas would be "Oh yea, that's ____, the previous Falcon owner (before Lando)."
And why is everyone so upset about Chewbacca? In the Expanded Universe, you find out he was a very important person in his tribe for one so young (a mere 80). He was captured by Imperials and turned into a slave before Han rescued him. If he was a battle leader (like he is later on in the series) durring the Clone Wars, it would make sense compared to all the otehr things written/known about Chewie.
Him knowing Yoda just puts into perspective the convoluted mechanings of the Force. It was no coincidence that Chewie talked to Obi-Wan on Tatooine, or that they becames friends with Luke. It was all meant to be. Prophecy and all.
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...