New Requirements of Playtesters in the Guild

This forum is now locked until it is time to start the process of writing the new Dark Elf army book.

Well done to all those who took part!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

New Requirements of Playtesters in the Guild

Post by Langmann »

We have from this time, 5 weeks to get an assembled product for an Annual Article.

First off I would like to thank you all for your help. It is really important to the DE community to create a decent and acceptable army list for the DE. However there is more work left to be done, and I would like people to check in regularly in order to remain on top of what is going on.

These things are considered completed at this time, and are not subject to change.:

1. Leadership 9 for the knights.
2. Repeater crossbow point reduction for both warriors and dark riders.
3. Black Guard Eternal Hatred rules.
4. The Hydra BM movement 6 rules.
5. Magic weapons and armour.
6. Insignia of Authority.
7. Rod of Doom.
8. Arcane items.
9. Magic Banners.
10. Word of Pain castable into combat.
11. Beastmaster rules.
12. Master of the Wild rules.
13. Assassin rules.

There are things that need serious playtesting at this time. I would like you to target these areas:

1. Executioner Relentless Assault and 5+ KB. Gav sees this troop as being a support troop, not a stand alone troop. Please consider and use it as such.

2. Ring of Hotek needs playtesting.

3. Well of Souls with soulstealer option needs serious playtesting. I am nervous about this item.

4. Staff of Slavery. I am also nervous about this item.

5. Cauldron of Blood needs playtesting against weaker armies such as Empire, orcs and goblins, vampires etc.

6. Please also try out more of the weapons and armour just to make sure.

Stay tuned for more to come. Things will change somewhat from this time on.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Really, the well of souls (soulstealer) and staff of slavery need more playtesting? Two of my fav items that I've used quite often and fully recommend to anyone else to try. They can be very useful, even though they look a bit expensive. Contrary to what you may think, putting the well of souls on a higborn has not proved to be as effective as giving it to a sorc.

I just finished a game tonight vs HE that tested the relentless assault and cauldron so I should have that up by tomorrow for eveyone.

Also, HA for execs wasn't approved? Or was that just omitted?

Looks like we'll be busy over the next little while. :D
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Reader of posts
Shade

Post by Reader of posts »

Great news all those things got accepted but:

You think the assasin is okay? Seriously, many people complained about the assasin: that it is still way to expensive, and that it has a low magic item allowance. It also doesn't really have any effect on battles when referring to the playtest results. I admit, I haven't playtested him myself, I just thought you could use this.

(3-4) What do you mean you are nervous about SoS and WoS? Do you think they are to good? And does Gav think so?

(5)You mean the current CoB right? Wasn't it agreed that the CoB needs a new set of rules? Since when are Empire, O&G and VC weak? I'm not really following you here.
War is not about who is right, but who is left.
Nameless one
Trainee Warrior

Post by Nameless one »

Vorchild I think the soul stealer was too good! :D It wasn't weak at all!

As I summed up in one of my battle reposts it should be sorceress lord only and the bound level lowered. Langmann only 1,5 week after that I can fuelly playtest again.

One more thing Gav wanted executioners with RA and KB5+ on one model?
"Don't ask the Nameless One his name: he hasn't got one"
Maelis
Highborn

Post by Maelis »

Exelent news Langmann!

Could you specify wich Assassin rules get "targeted and locked" for the revision?

Is there ANY chance for you to make a list of exact things that got accepted and a list of things to be done? There are so many ideas and things I have noted from this forum to playtest, that I got a bit confused what have passed "the Gav" and what we leave behind.

Thanks in advance in the name of all Druchii players!
"Prick your finger it is done
the moon has now eclypsed the sun
an angel has spread his wings
the time has come for bitter things"
-M.M
Purple whisper
Noble

Re: New Requirements of Playtesters in the Guild

Post by Purple whisper »

langmann wrote:We have from this time, 5 weeks to get an assembled product for an Annual Article.

Wow... Pace is increasing fast... Well, let's see what we can do.

Some questions:
Repeater crossbow point reduction for both warriors and dark riders.

Didn't realise we reduced crossbow cost for the Riders. :-) Well, leaves me a couple of points to play with (and I often am just those points short)

Rod of Doom.

In the beginning, it was said that we would get Rod of Doom or Staff of Slavery. Does the approval of the Rod of Doom means we can get both, or just that this version of the Rod of Doom is a acceptable choice?

Beastmaster rules.
Master of the Wild rules.

Damn. There were some things I could see improved on the Beastmaster (in order to keep it alive, he is really a liability in combat), and I really feel that the Master of the Wild would be better off with bound spells. Well, can't win them all :-)

Well of Souls with soulstealer option needs serious playtesting.

Has the other option been tested enough? What is the status on the choice between the two?
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

Langman - you want 1 and 2k battles but may I play eg 1200 or 1500 or Gav dislike it???
Innocence proves nothing
Jargobae
Terror of the South

Post by Jargobae »

i have a plan to use play a battle testing all these things

Insignia of authority
highborn using ToK
Cloak of nightmares
assasin rules
Beastmaster
master of the wild
reduced pt cost for RxBows
cityguard
cauldron

sorry if you did not want to know that but well meh
Do you hate Malekith?

Are you interested in seeing the overthrow of his incompetence to be replaced by a system capable of taking Ulthuan back??

Join the spirit of Lakulei today - PM me now!
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

2 game playtest result: increasing range of Ring of Hotek to 12" can STILL be left at 20pts instead of increasing it to 25pts cost. It's still fairly easy to evade as sorcerers I encountered were mounted when I tried using it against them. It succeeded in making enemy sorcerer a "cat and mouse/ hide and seek" game as soon as he found out what could happen if he stayed "in range" of the ring.
If you run, you'll just die tired
Maelis
Highborn

Post by Maelis »

Can we get specified list of things WE HAVE completed - I mean wich versions and options are choosen as THE ONES?

There many options for Assassin for example and I dont know what become official revision stuff. There is also some confusion about magic items - some of them got two versions or two diffrent point cost. Can we clean up a bit our place of work and have CURRENT REVISION cleared of unnecessary stuff? Comments and reasons are no longer needed as we have submited our work to Gav and he agreed on some points.
-M.M
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

Yes would you tell us what will be official and what will be banned sooner than Annual??

Melis would you be at Wojenny Mlot '03??
Innocence proves nothing
Maelis
Highborn

Post by Maelis »

Naram Sin - Im thinking about it, but I dont have my whole army painted yet (and Im still using many "proxies")

Sooner than Annual depends on Paul Sawyer and WD team, as they dont fall under Gav Thorpe rulership.
-M.M
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you all on this. Right now I am waiting for a reply from Gav and will know in a few days what to do.

Sorry again!
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."