After the migration. Report problems?

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

After the migration. Report problems?

Post by Calisson »

Hi.
Daeron and Rork have fixed many problems that have been evidenced since the migration.
If you spot anything still requiring a fix, this thread is the place to report it.
Thank you for your participation to the improvement of D.net.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Brad
Executioner

Re: After the migration. Report problems?

Post by Brad »

Not sure if the migration caused it or not, but the "Mark Forum Read" button doesn't appear to be working properly. It seems like it works at first, but then when I come back the next day all the old topics are still there, listed as unread.
A missive from the desk of Kylekin, Prince of Nhaeroth, Land of the Setting Sun

8th ed stats (W/L/D)
DE: 1/0/0
DoC: 2/1/0
Empire: 0/1/0
WoC: 0/1/0
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Brad wrote:Not sure if the migration caused it or not, but the "Mark Forum Read" button doesn't appear to be working properly. It seems like it works at first, but then when I come back the next day all the old topics are still there, listed as unread.

Same here
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

While not related to the migration itself, it is indeed a technical issue that came up recently. Initially I thought it had to do with an update to Google Chrome, but I'll dig a little deeper.
You can clear the list by logging out and back in, but that only resets the list.

Just to make sure, though. Are you sure the problem has to do with "unread" messages? If I click "mark all forums read", and then "view unread posts", then it tells me there are no results.
However, if I click "view new posts" (which should give posts since last visit, read or not), then that list keeps growing.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Brad
Executioner

Post by Brad »

I'm using Firefox, so it's definately not related to Chrome.

It may indeed be that I'm clicking "New" rather than "Unread" - as with all things done so many times for so many years, I'm not actually paying attention to exactly which link I click, it's all just muscle memory. But having said that, whatever I was doing always worked before, and now it isn't.

8th ed stats (W/L/D)
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

FireFox had an update as well... Hm. But I wouldn't bet my money on it just yet.

The issue seems releated to session/cookie management, which is browser and server related. No settings changed on the server. Googling about, I find another forum with the same issue:
http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 81&t=46616
Which is suspicious to say the least.
Yet other phpBB3 servers don't have the same problem. (Like Ulthuan or something ;))

It could be related to a php version update on the server, which may have messed up a session management function of phpBB. Anyhow. I'll keep looking!
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I removed my own cookies to see if it would solve the problem. Now here's to waiting ;)

- The stiff breeze
Brad
Executioner

Post by Brad »

This morning I remembered to force myself to click "Unread" and lo! it appears to be working as intended. "New" still show two pages of stuff that, well, isn't new at all.

8th ed stats (W/L/D)
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

So after a bit of waiting, and testing ver various devices, the issue seems to return server-side. I'm going to check if there was an unexpected php upgrade or something that messed up the session management.

- The stiff breeze
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

On top of the above: whenever I currently try to send a private message, the browser times out (Chrome).
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Thraundil wrote:On top of the above: whenever I currently try to send a private message, the browser times out (Chrome).

I had the same issue today, however when the page refreshed the message was in the outbox. That was on IE though.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Aye, the issue is related. There is something notably wrong with the session management. It seems to be a bug that occurs on phpBB3, if I'm to believe their bug tracker... but they haven't been able to figure out what causes it. Well that's hopeful! ;)

I'm working on it.

- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

The good news is that I've discovered where the system goes wrong. The bad news is... I don't know why. Not yet ;)
I can remedy it on a daily basis while looking for the cause.

- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I put in a small patch. It should help with the new posts, but not all issues are resolved yet.

- The stiff breeze
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

It definitely works! Kudos!
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Its fixed !
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Thank you for reporting. Unfortunately, not all issues are resolved yet, but the new posts should update more frequently.

- The stiff breeze
RedPanda
Slave on the Altar

Post by RedPanda »

Can you fix the asrai.druchii.net boards?
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is" -Kino
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Yes - But.... I'll need to upgrade the board's software to get it back to work. This may take some time. We might also lose the theme in the process, but we can see.

- The stiff breeze