9th Age Army books link

This forum is created in support of the development of http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/5-elves-of-darkness/

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

9th Age Army books link

Post by Amboadine »

Hi All,

Please find the link to all of the army books released by the 9th project today. I am sure they will happily accept any feedback.
Please feel free to start your own threads to discuss any units or the new list as a whole and we can go back with any concerns, ideas or comments from this community.

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/444-the-9th-age-beta-0-9/&postID=54289#post54289

If you are having difficulty accessing the link due to not having a 9th Age account and are interested, please drop me a PM as I cannot add pdf's as attachments directly to the forum.

Here's a link to all the files hosted at Dnet - date 2nd November 2015. We try to keep them updated.
Rulebooks
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: 9th Age Army books link

Post by Daeron »

If you want, we can be a mirror for the PDFs, hosting them here. But I wouldn't do it without permission from the 9th Age team.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Daeron wrote:If you want, we can be a mirror for the PDFs, hosting them here. But I wouldn't do it without permission from the 9th Age team.

Might well be worth it. Purely as a number of our members probably don't have a 9th Age account and might not be interested in creating one whilst still interested in what they are doing.

I will ask the 9th Age group.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

So permission granted. Thanks Giladis :)

Daeron, are you able to work your magic?

As a note we also have full permission to discuss and post points costs, stats and special rules when analysing units and the army list.

So guys let's take advantage of the work done to get some discussions going on our new look list for what looks to be the only source of rank and file Druchii presented in a way we are generally used to.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I added them all to the original post. It's not the best long term solution, but it works for now ;)
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thanks a lot both of you.
Amboadine wrote:Daeron, are you able to work your magic?
Talking about magic, could you also include the pdf about magic lores?
Also, I'm not sure if you took the DE edited book of the original one. Could you confirm?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Although I'm not playing actively and am unlikely to do so at any time soon, I have to say these look spectacular. They appear engaging, well thought through, and suitably balanced. They capture the spirit of warhammer, without being a copy. Much Kudos to everyone involved!
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

They look great - will have to have a read and digest!
jeffman
Corsair

Post by jeffman »

Is it me or is the dark elf book brutal!

My first thought go's out to the assasin, wether to give it the fencers blades (4a i10 ws10) or the +3a sword (6a ws7 i9). Ofcourse with the T+1Strength venom. @Dalamar: could you work your statistics on this?
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

They are lacking a bit of sex appeal - the best thing about a new edition is all the new artwork / photos etc It would be good to see the community get behind this in these areas as well.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

@ jeffman: Assassin poisons can't be combined with magic weapons, sadly. The assassin looks quite good even so, though.

@Cultofkhaine: There is an entire Background and Art team working on this so evenually, there should be both fluff and artwork. Not sure what is their schedule though.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

There is an entire Background and Art team working on this so evenually, there should be both fluff and artwork. Not sure what is their schedule though.

Great - look forward to it! I was thinking DNet could style up their own version of the army book.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Bummed that witch elves are special again. I loved fielding all witch armies. :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Kold
Black Guard

Post by Kold »

Witches with thunderous charge and +1 to wound because cauldron... could be a bit nasty
...kill'em all
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

direweasel wrote:Bummed that witch elves are special again. I loved fielding all witch armies. :)

I think they are still core, quick reference sheet have some more mistakes.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

We have a few updates on the books already. I'll upload them tonight, along with the Paths of Magic.

- The stiff breeze
DarkSky
Corsair

Post by DarkSky »

@Daeron (or maybe all):

I noticed some errors in the documents. Typos, wrong wordings, stuff like that but also some weird balancing options across books (especially between Dread and Highborn Elves, as they are easily comparable).
Do we have a "Druchii.net ambassador" to bring the d.net feedback into the 9th Age forum? I really don't want to create an account there, but would like to give feedback. I think a combined feedback could also carry more weight.

Edit: So far the basic rules look fantastic. A lot of thing that always bothered my playgroup have been cleared up or completely removed. My playgroup especially likes the miscast changes, less 1D6 rolls in favour of fixed values and the R&F may always strike at R&F rule (to prevent hero walls).
My Blog containing battle reports and painting updates: https://bleaklegion.wordpress.com
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

@Darksky.

Please feel free to open a thread if you find anything and we can feed back to the 9th Age forum. We do have an ambassador and a number of members here that are active on their forum.

I shall start to open threads tomorrow in this forum to discuss aspects of the list. Heroes / Core / Special / Magic items etc.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Links updated. Dread Elves updated to 0.9.1 and the paths of magic included. If any link is broken, let me know.

- The stiff breeze
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Thanks - they didn't fix sisters of blood on the quick reference
Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

Marchosias wrote:@Cultofkhaine: There is an entire Background and Art team working on this so evenually, there should be both fluff and artwork. Not sure what is their schedule though.

We are working as fast as humanly possible. But our maxim is that it is better to produce a quality work at what ever timescale needed then rush it and produce something that will mediocre. I will not promise any dates, but we are hoping to complete the task by September 2016 when the stable version of the 9th Age rules set will be released.

Ahead of us is a task of writing hundreds of pages of background and producing hundreds of pieces of artwork. In the first month we have already covered much, such as establishing the fundamental rules of the setting and the way how we are going to present the background, as well as having begun the actual task of writing the army books.

What the Background and Arts team asks of the community is some patience for what we have in store for you will be very familiar, yet new and engaging.

Cheers
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

All books have been updated to the latest version (0.9.1 for most books, 0.9.2 for some)

- The stiff breeze
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Sisters of Blood are still listed as Special on the quick reference chart - they are listed as Blood Maidens in core.
Asta
Slave on the Altar

Post by Asta »

Reading the other posts and my own conclusions: they nerfed the good units and buffed the weak ones.

So I can shelve my 40+ furies, warlocks and pegasi. Do they realise I wont buy new minis? GW was pushing the new models they were selling, but what is the purpose here?

Negative points: no artwork, no special characters, units with less special rules, less flavour, upside down balance
Positive points: nerf to magic, nerf to canons

Balancing a game is harder than it seems, even with lots of playtesters.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Until they reach an official release, they are mixing testing new mechanics and balancing units. It's why occasionally they still change one unit or mechanic considerably between one version to another. All I can recommend is to have a bit of patience. I think the new version has a lot of potential to be fun and will become better over time.
The story and art are still being developed. Check the TK book for an example of what they aim to achieve.

As for the specific army composition, it is likely there will be a new balance. Whether you will buy new models for it, is a choice only you can make. If you never want to buy new models, I'm afraid you'll need a static meta.

- The stiff breeze