Whence comes the information about Skaven-Dark Elves treaty?

Discuss the art of war for the Dark Elves and the inferior races that dare to oppose them here.

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Kasquit
Slave on the Altar

Whence comes the information about Skaven-Dark Elves treaty?

Post by Kasquit »

Does anyone know where it comes from this information?

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Elves

"The only race that the Dark Elves have any respect for is the Skaven due to their similar nature. The Dark Elves are often betrayed by the followers of The Horned Rat and the ratmen are similarly betrayed by the Druchii. The Skaven are one of the few races that has a treaty with the Dark Elves (which the Dark Elves actually honour)."

Is this information comes from some armybook?
Or is it bogus information?
I hope that this isn't bogus information.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Whence comes the information about Skaven-Dark Elves tre

Post by Daeron »

I remember that... But I don't know where it comes from. Certainly not the latest DE book, or 6th edition. So my guess it's from one of the books I know a little less: 4th ed Dark Elves or Skaven. That would be my bet.
I can't recall the nature of their treaty either. I think their similarity was attributed to being sneaky, treacherous, loving assassins, poison and slaves.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Kasquit
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kasquit »

Daeron wrote:I remember that... But I don't know where it comes from. Certainly not the latest DE book, or 6th edition. So my guess it's from one of the books I know a little less: 4th ed Dark Elves or Skaven. That would be my bet.
I can't recall the nature of their treaty either. I think their similarity was attributed to being sneaky, treacherous, loving assassins, poison and slaves.

Can you find?

https://pl.scribd.com/doc/218976069/War ... Dark-Elves

https://pl.scribd.com/doc/218977143/War ... ion-Skaven
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Me too I have seen that somewhere... where?
Which edition rulebook made rules for alliances? That might be there.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

It is familiar but I can't remember where. Possibly Man O'War?
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Is it maybe from back when they did those annual warhammer compendiums a while back?
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

direweasel wrote:Is it maybe from back when they did those annual warhammer compendiums a while back?

Had a flick through 2002_2004 annuals and a few rulebooks and army books but not there.
Might have to dig out some older ones from the 90s.
Kasquit
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kasquit »

Amboadine wrote:It is familiar but I can't remember where. Possibly Man O'War?

That's what you mean?
https://pl.scribd.com/doc/50540187/Man- ... r-Rulebook
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Kasquit wrote:
Amboadine wrote:It is familiar but I can't remember where. Possibly Man O'War?

That's what you mean?
https://pl.scribd.com/doc/50540187/Man- ... r-Rulebook

That's what I meant yes. But not sure if I am correct. I have flicked through all my rulebooks and Skaven/ Dark elf army books etc back to 2nd edition. Nothing jumped out so am thinking it might be something like this.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

I remember seeing this mentioned on D4chan, but I didn't think it ws official fluff.

The two armies so notorious for their backstabbing they might as well have been led by a Lanister and the Mockingjay respectfully, keep an agreement?

I can hardly see high elves and dwarves work together without so much as butting heads sooner or latter, but the two armies that fall squarely on the Chaotic Evil alignment?
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

I strongly suspect it's something a fan made up years ago, and it's just been picked up and copied by people who don't understand the concept of checking (or even citing) their sources. I don't recall any official GW fluff mentioning skaven and DE having any sort of working relationship. Doesn't fit the fluff of either race going back to at least 4th edition.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

But I have also never heard about a Skaven invasion in Naggaroth!

I like this fluff about the Skaven-Dark Elves treaty, maybe even suitable for a themed 'combined' army as alternative for Slaanesh combined armies. Focus on slaves, assassins and poison, what is not to love?

Thank you OP for the inspiration!
Kasquit
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kasquit »

Do you believe in the existence of Skaven Heretics?
Some Warhammer fans don't accept this...
Theoretically some Rats from Clan Eshin can discard the Horned Rat and start worshipping Slaanesh and Khaine... :D

Pity Dark Elves cannot worship Tzeentch... :(
tehnico
Warrior

Post by tehnico »

No rats in Naggaroth... The Druchii are Albertans, confirmed.

Oddly enough, in the alliance rules of the last BRB any alliance with the DE or Skaven were considered 'Fragile'. The alliance benefits dwindle as the game goes on.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

tehnico wrote:No rats in Naggaroth... The Druchii are Albertans, confirmed.

Oddly enough, in the alliance rules of the last BRB any alliance with the DE or Skaven were considered 'Fragile'. The alliance benefits dwindle as the game goes on.

I don't remember many skaven v Brettonia, Skaven V other two Elf-Thing armies, or skaven vs chaos things either back in the day so go figure there. Lack of writing dosn't mean it dosn't happen. It just dosn't get written in until a new starter set is needed.

THe alliances If I remember right were as followed:

Order: Armies with the goal of building and prospering (Empire, High Elves, Bretonia, Dwarves, Woodelves, and Lizardmen); Destruction which wanted to destroy and pillage everything (Skaven, three main chaos armies, Orcs and Goblins, Dark Elves, and Vampire Counts); and neutral which varied between Ogre Kingdoms (they don't care who they fight or why they are fighting so long as they get food and a good time), and Tomb Kings (The various kings and princes that have risen from the grave have their own agendas; some benevolent and some malevolent).

Get two of a kind and you can interchangeably use eachther's General's LD and Battle Standards and any other abilities from spells that are helpful)

Add either of the first two and Neutral and they lack most of the perks.

If its one between Order and Destruction, none of the perks come into play and the two sides grudgingly just don't try and kill eachother.

With Skaven and Dark Elves, the armies' chronic backstabbing disorder makes it so as the game progressess, it dosn't matter if both allied armies are Destruction or even from the same book; thing have the risk of gradualy getting worst.

For the most part I agree with that but I think the old Dogs of War Chart for who could fight for what was better as Wood Elves had always been written as a true neutral (showering you with presents one day and showering you with arrows the next), and Dwarves and any elf army would be having too much of a pissing contest for the situation not to deteriorate.

This and why would lizardmen help anyone but themselves in this?

SOme of it dosn't make alot of sense.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
The_Peacemaker
Dark Rider

Post by The_Peacemaker »

tehnico wrote:No rats in Naggaroth... The Druchii are Albertans, confirmed.

LOL, hilarious.

So gonna put my Dark Elves on snow bases now.