Anyone still using Dark Elves in AoS?

The place for all game discussions on Age of Sigmar.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Anyone still using Dark Elves in AoS?

Post by Darkspear »

Age of Sigmar has been around for about 14 months. Several new factions have surfaced since the game's inception, such as Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth and Bonesplittas.

With so many new releases, is anyone still actively playing Dark Elves for matched play, either as a single faction, a grand alliance of dark elf factions or part of a greater grand alliance order army. Are we still competitive in your opinion?

Personally I am using my dark elves to supplement my wood elf (wanderers) army while I get the latter painted up.

I feel that the core dark elf units (the 3 dark elf warriors variants) are still very competitive due to their re-roll 1's and 2's rules for saves coupled with relatively low point costs. Even at the current environment, my dreadspears and darkshards can still hold the line while I counterattack with executioners.

I think by now everyone has recognised the prowess of the executioners.

Cold One knights are another hidden gem for me. I feel that they are very resilent (4+ saves with rerolls for 1's and 2's) and the rules for their musician means that it is easy to get a charge. I used Cold One knights to aggressively charge and tie up opponent, using their resilence to stall time for the eventual executioner charge.

Unfortunately I feel that we are quite lacklustre in the character department, having lost most of our characters except for the 2 dragon riders and 3 on foot. I have been relying on Wood Elven characters to led my army, with an occasional dark elf mage on foot.
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Damienhell
Trainee Warrior

Re: Anyone still using Dark Elves in AoS?

Post by Damienhell »

By 2 dragon riders, do you mean the dreadlord and malekith?
I havent touch aos, is there any unit by unit review?
Nice that cold one knights stiol strong. Though i don't nt like their new name
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

The 2 dragon rider characters are the Dreadlord on dragon, and the Sorceress on Dragon.
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
The_Peacemaker
Dark Rider

Post by The_Peacemaker »

Characters lost? What do you mean? All the warscrolls are still useable.