[TOW] The Curse of Nehekhara

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

[TOW] The Curse of Nehekhara

Post by Daeron »

With the start of TOW, I wanted to join in on the fun. I was also afraid that Dark Elves would not get any support in TOW for a while, and would prefer to play with a supported army. This has me sidestep into 2 new armies: Tomb Kings and Chaos Warriors.

I reasoned, I might as well get one of them army boxes, to obtain the big rule book and have a good start for a Tomb King Army.
20240125_193354.jpg
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: [TOW] The Curse of Nehekhara

Post by Daeron »

I thought I'd give it my first update already, even though there were 2 weeks between the previous picture and this one. I finished the infantry. A few observations: we don't get enough upgrade sprues to give every infantry and cavalry model a TK helmet, even though they are pictures as such on the box. That's not a big issue, but it took me by surprise. Unfortunately, this also means I'm a few shields short to give every body a shield that can carry it.
20240211_162729.jpg
It's a funny trip to memory lane to be building these ancient sculpts. The mold lines seem a bit better than I remember them, but they are still present. The pieces come together in a brittle and clunky manner, compared the GW's latest works. And in the end, the models look a tad cartoonish. Yes... these are old sculpts alright :D

I can't stop feeling like a necromancer when assembling this army though. It's as if I'm raising the dead from their graves :D
But that is the infantry done from this box. All 72 models of them!
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

The cavalry and chariots join the ranks!
20240218_120323.jpg

- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

To paint these, I want to try something that produces slightly above battle ready level, very very quickly.

So I went with a 3 layer undercoat:
- zandri dust for the shadows
- wraithbone for the main body
- a mild top down spray from scar white
20240221_160456.jpg
I like how much depth this gives the models already

After that .. contrast paint time!

- The stiff breeze
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

These Skellies are so cool. Brings back old memories of better years.
My son is thinking of starting a Bret army, I am leaning to the light side with dare i say it some High Elves.

Its good to see some posts up in P&M thanks for posting Daeron
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Some test models - I tested with varying degrees of thinning the contrast paint, only to find that it works quite well in pure form. Good enough, anyway :D
I may have mildly overbrushed the models, so they appear paler than I hope to get on the rest of them.
20240224_001253.jpg

- The stiff breeze