green stuff

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Walpurgis
Corsair

green stuff

Post by Walpurgis »

i know there is a lot of posts about green stuff but non that ive read answer my questions. Do you put the gs on the modle then shape it or shape and glue it on
You turn to me with all your worldly greed and lies, but will you turn to me when its your turn to die
Kael'thullar
Warrior

Post by Kael'thullar »

I myself put it on the modle and then shape it...dunno about others though. :)
~ War is all about timing...strike...strike fast...strike when the enemy does expect it the least...and you will be victorious ~

Way of the Shade
Aerys
Trainee Warrior

Post by Aerys »

I, too, put the green stuff on the model and then shape it.
If you shoot at mimes, should you use a silencer?
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

No glueing necessary. Just shape it or stick it on as is. When it drys it ususally stays on, esp when it is use to fill gaps in models.
Naram sin
Assassin

Post by Naram sin »

Put it on model and then shape. Shape it before putting on model only when you are making cloaks.
Innocence proves nothing
Kensei
Dark Rider

Post by Kensei »

I do both. First I glue it, still fresh and soft. The trick is, that the thiny layer really forms and the stuff adhers very well and even helps to attach those ¨metallic parts otherwise not 100% corresponding. Than I form it still soft, eventually after it hardens, it all works quite well, and rather depends on what I do. If it is only about filling gaps, I work on it after it hardens, if it is about creating some shapes, I prefer to model it soft (using water on my fingers and the modelling tool), the important thing is to start using water only after the lines have been glued with the superglue, never before.
Harlequinn
Highborn

Post by Harlequinn »

I think it depends on what you're doing. For the most part, yeah, stick it on then shape it. But if you're talking about using it to create entire items, like a weapon or a hat or a cloak or something, I'd shape it before hand.

That could just be me.
- Mr. Gideon....You're not paying attention.