Question about CK

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Echtalion
Trainee Warrior

Question about CK

Post by Echtalion »

Just a quick question: I have 12 CK. In a war against HE and Brett should i use them in one unit or two?
Ardent sinner
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ardent sinner »

I presume you mean Cold One Knights? Do you know how the High Elf and Brettonian players will be deploying their cavalry? Personally I would go one unit in 4x3 formation for ranks+Warbanner+champ+Hero(s), but that is me.

You could go with 2 groups of 6 and try to sandwich whatever big nasty cavalry unit comes your way?!

I have used both, and both had support (Hydra, COC's), and they crush almost anything. For now go with 2 groups of 6 and have support for each unit.

If one of those armies has an "UbEr" unit of 12 with all the fixin's you will......well let's just say if it hits you won't survive!
Ardent sinner
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ardent sinner »

Here is an idea of how you can see for yourself. Pull out your army on a table, or movement trays or pieces of carboard or something, make some unit templates for an enemy army and play a fake little mini-game. By doing this little silly task you can see what you are trying to visualize and try your different approaches at movement, charging and all that.
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

two units shall be more usefull as if u charge both of them into asingle combat u might aswell say u have double or twice as many attack, which in my opinion is better that 1 rank bonus :D :twisted: :roll: ;)

Comrade Igor
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Da_druchii
Trainee Warrior

Post by Da_druchii »

I would use 6x2 with banner of murder, that means you will outhcharge other cavalry.
''You are pathetic, I must simply laugh.''