BREDER PUT TO THE SWORD, July 28 Orders

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

BREDER PUT TO THE SWORD, July 28 Orders

Post by Underway »

1) Lustrian Legion: We are gaining ground little by litte again. We need some sort of breakthtrough. If anyone out there has a brilliant plan then we need to implement it soon to surprise the Lizards. Please contact your Fieldmarshal by PM if you have a good idea.

2) Corsair Chaos Enslavers: Despite causeing large casulaties to the beast raiding Untergaurd the Enslavers are having a slowing impact on the herds. More and more of the foul creatures are comming out of the woodwork intent on the blood and weapons to be found in the town. The Enslavers have their work cut out for them in the next few days.

3) Black Ark Raiders: With Lord Sobek finishing off the last remaining vestages of resistance in the town of Breder, the DE armies have turned their sites to the small town of Esk. Surely it cannot stand to the combined might of the DE forces and Archaon the pretender? Time will tell. As the armies march towards Esk once again the scouts of the DE forces begin looking for a new, softer target. Perhaps the time will come when Bohsenfels should be sieged more strongly.
Last edited by Underway on Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord eldur
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lord eldur »

1) Lustrian Legion: We are gaining ground little by litte again. We need some sort of breakthtrough. If anyone out there has a brilliant plan then we need to implement it soon to surprise the Lizards. Please contact your Fieldmarshal by PM if you have a good idea.

If we can only post battl results, how can we make any effective plan? Well anyway, i'll try to play some warmaster battles (in Spain warmaster is free :D) and we´ll see if that affects the overall more or not. Other than that I don´t know what else can we do (2 games every 3 days is the most i can do)
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Re: BREDER PUT TO THE SWORD, July 28 Orders

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Underway wrote:1) Lustrian Legion: We are gaining ground little by litte again. We need some sort of breakthtrough. If anyone out there has a brilliant plan then we need to implement it soon to surprise the Lizards. Please contact your Fieldmarshal by PM if you have a good idea.

i think all of the Druchii should pull out in order to make a big impact on lustria
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Robertokious
Highborn

Post by Robertokious »

So are we still attacking Bohesenfels, or Esk now? Becuase i have been posting all wins in Bohsenfels as of late..
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Esk now, but fluff wise there are still a few Druchii at Bohsenfels.
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

I don't think dark elves should be playing any role in the old world apart for the evil equivilent of the sea guard in which case they'd affect good and evil sides, after all in the old world they're just about as much of a myth as skaven are to the general population. Therefor I propose we drop the old world orders and focus the entire site on lustria.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Tacklbry
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tacklbry »

Therefor I propose we drop the old world orders and focus the entire site on lustria.

That would leave out those who do not have any Lizzie opponents. Keeping orders for those who are unable to participate in the sub-campaign allows them to represent Druchii.net in the overall campaign which many want to. Those that can play lizzie opponents should (and do judging from the number of battles posted) Why take away the coordination for those who want to participate overall, but cannot fight in Lustria?
I like dwarfs, their skin makes fine boots. :twisted:
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Because the concept of attacking the old world is flawed especialy considering high elves have sent a sizeable portion of their navy over to help as well as Teclis.
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
Tacklbry
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tacklbry »

Sorry, I was under the impression that this was a game to be played for fun.
I like dwarfs, their skin makes fine boots. :twisted:
Bleys
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bleys »

Not only is it a game to be played for fun, but the real "stars" of the show are the Empire and the forces of Archaon. GW has tried to put things together in a way that all armies can participate, regardless of what the fluff might dictate, and they've even tried to make it so that people who disagree with their particular army taking part in the fighting in the Old can be replaced with the three subcampaigns.

As several people have stated, "It doesn't make sense for the Druchii to do anything relating to the Old World", the Lustrian subcampaign is meant to reflect that. Not everyone can play against Lizardmen, so those who can't are still able to post in the main campaign. Why that instead of a Druchii/Asur subcampaign as well (or instead of the Lustrian)?

The quick answer that comes to my mind is that the conflict represented by that particular enmity is big enough that it would over-shadow what they're trying to accomplish with the "Empire vs. Chaos" story, but it's not quite big enough to merit a full-blown, world-wise campaign on its own. Which means we'll probably see a campaign book (along the lines of what's rumored for the Tomb Kings vs. Nagash of next year) that will allow individual gaming clubs, groups, stores, etc, to create their own campaign and run it.

My guess is that we'll never see a world-wide Druchii vs. Asur campaign, but we will probably see at least some support for it from GW, within the next couple of years.
Currently Listening To: In Flames
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

As far as future campaigns go, there have been almost too many rumours to sort through recently. At first, there was the idea to alternate summer campaigns between 40k and fantasy, which meant that next summer's campaign would have been 40k.

However, there's been some recent information that GW doesn't want to do this so that people won't 'expect' a campaign every summer. So, supposedly they've been throwing around the ideas of doing smaller, mini campaigns in the future. One of those is the rumoured Nagash campaign. The last confident rumour that I'd gotten about this one was that GW was still unsure about how 'large' they wanted it to be.

Another rumoured mini-campaign is the Rise of Sotek, which will feature Druchii, Asur, and Lizardmen, and perhaps one or two other races. There isn't much more information about it yet at this time.
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

tacklbry wrote:Sorry, I was under the impression that this was a game to be played for fun.

Yes it is but whats the fun in being stuck helping chaos all the time?
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Sobek wrote:Another rumoured mini-campaign is the Rise of Sotek, which will feature Druchii, Asur, and Lizardmen, and perhaps one or two other races. There isn't much more information about it yet at this time.

Don't forget the skaven, it was them who woke Sotek.
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Re: BREDER PUT TO THE SWORD, July 28 Orders

Post by /\\//\ »

Underway wrote:1) Lustrian Legion: We are gaining ground little by litte again. We need some sort of breakthtrough. If anyone out there has a brilliant plan then we need to implement it soon to surprise the Lizards. Please contact your Fieldmarshal by PM if you have a good idea.

I PM'd an idea of a massed offensive in Lustria a little while ago. Do you think it would be effective?
Drizzt
Black Guard

Post by Drizzt »

why not choose a specific day-like next sunday(most games are played in week-ends) and in that day post like an avalanche of battle reports!! maybe we will gain 2-3%-till sunday we have to find a way to keep the curent numbers 48%-52%.

-make an account on behalf of the site and use it to post battle reports for like 20-30+ guys and all of them in a short period of time(if gw alows it) so to create a little preasure from time to time that'kk give us some 2-3%
Endian
Grand Master of the Black Guard

Post by Endian »

You can only report one battel a day tho.

Anyway, what are the orders for the black ark raiders now cos Esk has fallen!
Only left handed ppl are in their right minds!
The dark prince
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by The dark prince »

If it were up to me I would put all our efforts into trying to bring down Bohsenfels for one to two days. Then go full speed ahead at Lustria and Fort Schippel.

TDP
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Post by Sobek »

Endian wrote:Anyway, what are the orders for the black ark raiders now cos Esk has fallen!
My apologies for the oversight. 'Twas not intentional. Things often get a bit hectic over the weekend. That being said, til further notice, now that Esk has fallen, concentrate on Krudenwald. :mrgreen: