Group 14

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

Drak'Ne's advice was well met, but when Narayov spoke out, he could only open his mouth as a response, close it, turn his head, open his mouth again and then close it once more. Narayov made a good point, it was hard to determine what this things' sides were. Finally, Drak'Ne spoke out.

"Well, I really don't know if this... thing, has flanks or not, but if Syion and I hit it from opposite sides, that will still leave plenty of room for you to safely fire into combat considering how big this thing is. That and it'll make it harder for this thing to attack and defend... hopefully..."

Drak'Ne walked off into position and turned to the rest of the group.

"Get into a good spot, we'll have to use the terrain as much as we can here"

Drak'Ne will attempt to hide among the rocks with bastard sword in hand so he may lunge at the spawn, giving way to the red haze, to the frenzy.
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Equipment: Short and Long Sword, 2xDagger, 20G, Cloak, Pendant
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy, Basic Defensive Fighting
Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

((ooc)) As the group supposedly has the element of surprise, i will wait until you have all made your actions clear before the next mod, as at the moment its would be something along the lines of;

"The beast lulled about as the group planned their course of action"

So yeah, take up positions, charge from cover, run at it flailing your arms wildly, etc. Also remember, there are 3 corsairs in the group too, so tell them where they can go (I mean that in any sense it can be read) They have;
Dior - Short sword, dagger, SDC
Nim - Short sword, dagger, SDC
Urana - Short sword, dagger, SDC, Repeater handbow (same as X-bow but with shorter ranger, and more dramatic if leaping through air)
Last edited by Akimoto on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Narayov
Warrior

Post by Narayov »

Narayov nodded to Drak'Ne and turned to the corsairs.

"I think it'd be best if Dior helped Drak'Ne, Nimloth it would probably help the most if you covered Syion, a halberd is only useful if you've got enough time to swing it."

Pausing for a moment, Narayov realised he was ordering corsairs around.

"And Urana could help with the crossbow fire, of course if you've got a better idea then you could probably go with that, as long as we survive."

Narayov lifted his crossbow and headed quickly and quietly to the position Drak'Ne had suggested. His mind skipped thinking of if he had insulted the corsairs and went straight to watching the creature writhe about. He was looking for a pattern of movement or at least an idea of one, anything that could help him prepare for it.

Narayov is going to suggest a suppliment to Drak'Ne's plan to the Corsairs before commencing his part. He'll wait until he gets some sort of signal before opening fire in a fairly controlled but rapid manner.
Narayov Luanethwea

WS: 3 S: 3 T: 5 D: 4 I: 4

Equipment: Short Sword, Throwing Daggers(x4), Dagger, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, Yamadan Bracer.
Skills: Basic Stealth.
Inventory: 6gc, Bottle of wine.
Wizard 1995
Corsair

Post by Wizard 1995 »

"Well as your decision has been chosen I must follow."
Syion will move to his designated position and wait for the signal to attack.
Syion:
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 3 D: 2 I: 5

Equipment: Halberd, Long Sword X2, Shield and Light Armour.
Skill: Climb.
Inventory: 81G, Khaine Bracer.
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

((OOC)) Since the rest of the party is hidden((OOC))), Khaleth is going to jump out into the open and unload his whole magazine into the Spawn. He will then draw his swords. As the spawn charges at him, the shooty people in the party can shoot the crap out of it, Drak'ne can leap in front of it as it charges and surprise it, and the Corsairs can close in from behind.
((OOC)) That way we have it surrounded. ((OOC))
BTW edited cause I forgot to close the underline :P.
I am a proud member of The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Sirenis Helbane (Group 35)
WS:4 S:4 T:2 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Draich, Dagger (Combat).
Skills: Basic Heal
Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

The chaos thing quivered in what you could only assume to be anger, as Khaleth peppered it with crossbow bolts, and it began to lash out with its various appendages in an attempt to move toward its would-be assailant.

Khaleth, you watch in awe as the hulking mass edged toward you. Your bolts, still protruding from what you took to be its frontage, had seemingly little effect. The mass came into range, and tentacles flew at you from several points on its body, realising you had little other options, you continue your charge forward, knocking two aside, and severing a third.

Narayov, you were hoping for a more subtle signal to attack, but this would do. As Khaleth disappeared behind the spawn, you began your support. you took a quick count and started to target the many eyes coving its body, blinding 6 of its 10 eyes, before it paid you any attention. However, you soon found your self staring at two great maws on serpent like necks, spitting a corrosive liquid, and snapping in a wild frenzy.

Syion and Drak'Ne, taking Khaleth's sudden lead, you too leap into the fray. You attempt to approach its now blind side, thanks to Narayov's bolts, and you manage to reach the beast's main bulk. With no particular target Syion begind to carve away at the corrupt hide, while Drak'Ne fends off anything the attempts to stop you. Suddenly, a giant arm reached across the mass and, despite his best attempts to stop it, it hoisted Drak'ne into the air, suspending him above an opening which may, at one stage, have been a mouth.

The corsairs, with a a shout, the corsairs appear from their hiding spots, perhaps not a great idea. Nimloth was grabbed by the leg by the monster's great crab-claw, and as it flung him in the air, the claw clamped together, sending the leg and its owner in different directions. Urana pumped shot after shot into the spawn as he and Dior continued their approach, causing a mouth and a tentacle to withdraw back into its mass. They two began to hack at the side of the spawn, hoping that in some way it would deter it.

((ooc)) next post when everyone else has :D
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

Khaleth grinned as he knocked aside the tentacles of the beast and severed one, leaving room for his allies to begin the bloodbath. Seeing that he was in a somewhat vulnerable position now, but with the weight of numbers on his side, Khaleth decided to attempt to sever the remaining two tentacles before attacking the body of the beast.
Khaleth attempts to sunder the two tentacles he knocked aside from the beast's body. If he succeeds and has "time left", he will begin to slice open the body of the beast.
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Narayov
Warrior

Post by Narayov »

Narayov was ready for anything, or so he thought. After his bolts had been fairly effective he would of normally paused to check the situation but the situation made itself quite obvious. As the 2 maws came into view Narayov noticed that the disgusting liquid they were spitting was quickly chewing through the things it splashed down on. This was enough to make him quickly rethink his position while running to a safer place, about twice as far away. When he reached his assumed safe position, Narayov turned and unleashed many bolts with anger flaring in his eyes. His mind was set on making this quick, Narayov wanted to move on and find something worth his time and so didn't pay much attention to the others.

Narayov is going to run away.. Once he's fairly certain he's safe he'll turn around and resume peppering the spawn.
Narayov Luanethwea

Equipment: Short Sword, Throwing Daggers(x4), Dagger, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, Yamadan Bracer.
Wizard 1995
Corsair

Post by Wizard 1995 »

Syion looked at Drak'Ne, he nodded and they charged in to the Spawn. Syion was cutting away at some corrupted hide with his long sword, then, a giant arm flung out and grabbed Drak'Ne! Syion looked at his friend and screamed to the malformed creature. "Now you've really pis*ed me off you followers of Chaos!" He lept to his feet and raised his long sword.

Syion will try to get his friend out of his mess, then (if he is successful) he will strike at the Spawn with all of his might and frustraton. If he is not successful in his saving, he will edge back to get a good run to strike at it.
Syion:

Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

Drak'Ne charged foreward while parrying off the ligaments lashing out at him and Syion. Drak'Ne prepared to stab his bastard sword into the spawn, until he was lifted up into the air.

"Oh sh*t!"

Drak'Ne found himself staring down at the spawn's... mouth? Either way, Drak'Ne found himself staring down at his only opening to get out of this, he flipped his bastard sword so that the point faced down and threw it with all its might so that it would go down the Spawn's mouth.

"Well, I barely knew ye..."

He then drew a dagger from his tunic and then constantly jammed it into the giant arm holding him.

Drak'Ne will attempt to throw his sword into the mouth of the spawn, and then take out his dagger and try to stab the giant arm that's holding him up.
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

sick tar like blood poured from the spawns now gaping wounds on its "sides" and with a cry, which no human could possibly make, it renewed its efforts to fend of its attackers

Khaleth, you turn back to sever the tentacles that assaulted you before, by by that time they were twisting and reaching elsewhere and you find yourself just looking back at the your previous hiding spot. A sudden pain in your leg told you that you had stood around for too long, and you looked down to see a wolf-like head, at the end of a tentacle neck, clamped around your calf. You bring your sword to bear, severing the thing, but the head remained clamped, and you fall to the ground in pain.

Narayov, you manage to avoud the two serpent heads, neither had eyes, and they were attepmting to catch you where you were. Carefully you edge along the rock face to find a new vantage point, sparsly loosing bolts as you go, bursting another of its giant bulbous eyes.

Syion, you look up at Drak'Ne and realise there is no way you would be able to reach him, so with that in mind you drop your long sword, and bring your halberd to bear, thrusting it with all your strength into the wound caused by your earlier efforts. You feel the tip and blade pass through the spawn, its vicious edges ripping as it plunged deeper. Once again the beast cries, and you twist the halberd as you tear it free.

Drak'Ne, the bastard sword flies through the air with unnerving accuracy (what is it with this groups rolls for throwing random things...) and plants itself firmly in what you take as the roof of the mouth. You feel the hand's grip loosen, drive your dagger repeatedly down, and you soon find yourself dropping ontop of the spawn. Metres away, your sword is protruding from the maw.

Corsairs, realising the negligable effect they were having, Uranda and Dior began to climb the side of the beast, using their swords and daggers as climbing tools, with one target in mind. they placed the tips of their swords at the base of the great claw, deftly stabbed down, and pried the claw from its base. As the giant limp toppled, they both let out a triumphant roar.

((ooc)) Just so you know, the spawn is down to 4 tentacles,the two serpent mouths, three eyes and a much smaller gimpy arm... aka it is failing. Next post is _______.
Yori Temel -- group 22

WS5 / S4 / T5 / D4 / I4

Equipment - Repeater crossbow, double-bladed spear, Light Armour, Heavy armour, helm, spiky vambraces, (stored: Zukhil sword, Shield)
Skills - Awareness, basic heal
Other: 1831gc, The Dragons Eye Amulet, Talisman of light, Healing Talisman, 15x healing balms, boots, gloves, woolen cloak, hatchet, backpack, rope, a Flint and Tinder, bedroll.
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

With a yell, Khaleth stumbled backwards a few steps away from the Spawn. Bending over, he wrenched the head from his leg, accompanied by a fresh burst of pain and blood. Praying to Khaine, Khaleth leapt forward again and frenziedly began hacking at the nearest spawn appendage.
Khaleth removes the leg and then attacks the spawn again, aiming for one of the tentacles, mouths, eyes or the gimpy arm, whichever he can easily hit/reach.
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Narayov
Warrior

Post by Narayov »

Narayov viewed the situation cautiously before resuming fire on the spawn, making a concious effort not to shoot any member of the group in the process of damaging the stunted creature. Much of it's intimitading nature had been hacked off by the others, making Narayov wish that it would just die so they could continue their journey.

Narayov's going to stay put and shoot at the creature some more, he's also going to avoid shooting at the others.
Narayov Luanethwea

Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

The grip loosened as Drak'Ne fell onto the spawn. He saw his that his bastard sword was just a few meters away, but it was still unnerving to know that this small meter gap was composed of the spawn. Making his way to his bastard sword, Drak'Ne jammed his daggers into the spawn with every move, securing himself to the spawn.

(Drak'Ne will do the following if he reaches the Bastard sword.)

Drak'Ne then put away his daggers and grabbed hold of the bastard sword and gave it a good twist in one direction and another twist in the other. He then pulled his bastard sword out of the spawn's maw and thrust it down once again.

Drak'Ne will attempt to make his way to his bastard sword by digging his daggers into the spawn in order to safely make his way to the bastard sword while dealing damage, once at the bastard sword, he will twist it, take it out, and then stab with it again.
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

((ooc))Dark forces of the anti-rp unite! My god, between poorly planned assignments, random internet issues and my little sister last week very quickly turned into a mess for updates, and next week isnt looking much better (2 major essays and an exam) oh well, hopefully that update will come on time, if not, you know it is because I'm a procrastinator. anyway moving on....

The group fought viciously, they out numbered and had out manouvered the spawn, now it was simply a matter of finishing it off. Limbs fell, flesh was cat away, and foul blood pooled on the canyon's floor. Another 10 minutes and all that was left was a mess of meat.

Unfortunately, it was not soon enough to save Nimloth, he had bled out by the time you reached him.

The group continued on their journey, the new injuries making the pace seem that much slower. But finally, on the night of the second day's travel, you found what you were looking for. Carved, and built into the side of the mountain was a small village, its inhabitants seemed to be human with very little sign of mutation and no sign of daemons.

You are about to discuss your next course of action, when you realise a that a patrol or hunting party was approaching you. Their leader, a wild looking beast of a man, stepped forward, and in a thick throaty accent began to speak.

Urana and Dior seemed the only two to understand exactly what was being said, although Khaleth and Syion were catching some phrases.

"He asks us who we are, and why a party of druchii are so far into the wastes"
Last edited by Akimoto on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

Khaleth listening to the unsophisticated human speak his foul language, understanding very little. When Urana (or Dior) translated, Khaleth replied with:
Tell him that we are a party of corsairs and shades, a raiding party. Tell him we mean no harm to his people and that we ask for free passage. And a tell him that our business is our own, we come to the Wastes for our own reasons, and our reasons are our own. Offer him a coin or two for safe passage. Or, better still, ask him if any of his warriors wish to join our raid...we could use some meat shields.
Khaleth's mouth curled up into a half smile as he enunciated the last part of his monologue. He quickly dismissed it and put on his peaceful, "we mean no harm to thee mortal" face.
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Narayov
Warrior

Post by Narayov »

Narayov kept his stance non-threatening while he moved closer to the group. He turned to Khaleth and whispered with a slight hiss.

"Just because we can't understand them doesn't mean they can't understand us and even if they can't they know what we are so they could assume the worst and attack".

Narayov glanced at the human who had spoken, making sure he wasn't about to explode into a mass of tenticles and mouths. He looked back to the group.

"I don't know what to tell them but you might have a hard time convincing them that we aren't going to kill everyone here".
Narayov Luanethwea

Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

Drak'Ne clenched his his as Khaleth spouted out words that seemed like knives to him. He leaned in with Narayov to talk to Khaleth.

"Do you really think that's a good idea? Even if they believe you, there's a chance that they won't take to friendly to raiders."

Drak'Ne glanced at the ground and looked up at Urana with a face of concern as he quietly tells him...

"Wouldn't it be better for them to think that we're hunting down a deserter who knows too much? After all, don't we have too small a number to be raiding this far into the wastes? Either way, we should decide soon, I'm sure that this man would not appriciate a bunch of Druchii talking in a foreign tounge."

He then looks at Narayov for approval.

Drak'Ne will attempt to convince the group that telling a man out in the wastes that they're a raiding party would be a bad idea.
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Wizard 1995
Corsair

Post by Wizard 1995 »

"Well I'd suggest that we say what Drak'Ne says. After all he has the most knowledge of being on quests. I am going to leave it to Drak'Ne."

Syion will help Drak'Ne covince the others that a raiding party isn't a good idea.
Syion:

Narayov
Warrior

Post by Narayov »

Narayov was about to speak but cut himself off and simply nodded at Drak'Ne in agreement instead. He then attempted to convey "Do what Drak'Ne suggests" with only eye and head movements to Urana.

Narayov agrees with Drak'Ne and attempts to make this clear to Urana.
Narayov Luanethwea

Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

The group of humans become uneasy as Khaleth begins to speak, it seems that they have, at the very least, a basic understanding of the druchii tongue. Fortunately Urana is able to settle them, stating that you are seeking a renegade noble who disappeared into the wastes.

Seemingly convinced, the leader of the group speaks again, Urana says something, bows, and turns to the group smiling.

"It would seem that we are fortunate indeed, the leader there, Varl, says that if we seek them, we can have food and lodgings back at the human village. He claims that there is a great sorcerer there who is well versed and knows the workings of the waste, that he would know where to find the renegade." He lowered his voice so it was barely audible "This may be the man we seek, so stay sharp."

Lead by the band of men, the group make its way to the village, the humans point to various buildings and hovels and Urana translates for the group, stating that there would be some time before meeting with the sorcerer and that if they promised to behave, the group could divide and visit where ever interested them.

The places

Training Ground: Nothing as fancy as you are used to, it is a dirt patch. Logs with rope wrappings protruding from the ground at random intervals, and scattered through out it you see what must be the village's warriors training. They may find you worthy of a quick sparring match, for a price.

May be able to gain;
- shield bash
- two weapon fighting
- unarmed combat
- stat increase
- nothing at all

Smith: before you are even told, you can tell what the building is, hanging from various pegs and laying around the shop are assorted weapons and armour, they were lacking the elvish finery, but they seem very sturdily built;

Spear : 30 gold.
Bastard Sword : 75 gold.
Halberd : 75 gold.
Heavy Armour : 150 gold.

Tavern: a den of gambling, drinking, and site for trading of slightly frowned upon artefacts.

Temple: you do not recognise what diety it is too, pehaps this is a good thing. This would be the best place to search for magical healing, curse removal, or simply a place to gather your thoughts and pay respects.
Narayov
Warrior

Post by Narayov »

Narayov relaxed a little as the group was led through the village. The last thing we need here is someone getting killed before we can speak with that sorcerer. Narayov turned to Urana, occasionally turning back to the lead man and spoke with his normal tone.

"I'll be good, could you ask him if there is someone who would spar with me, without weapons of course, I don't really have much gold but perhaps there would be someone who would enjoy this bottle of wine?"

Narayov knew little about man, but he was interested in improving himself since his crossbow had jammed he wasn't feeling as confident with it.

Narayov's going to try to get a unarmed spar going. He'll offer his bottle of wine as payment.
Narayov Luanethwea

Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

As the man had accepted that they were out to hunt down a deserter, Drak'Ne didn't know what he wanted to do more, exhale from being so relieved, or smack Khaleth for almost getting them into a fight with an entire town. This town didn't offer too much, but it did offer a training ground for sparring, which intrested Drak'Ne who was always trying to improve himself so he may hunt down Bane and avenge the death of his comrade. After Narayov spoke, Drak'Ne joined in.

"I'm also interested in sparring one of their warriors, count me in, who knows, we may learn something from these..." Drak'Ne held back his temptations to call them savages, "...men."

Drak'Ne will attempt to find a challenge in this town, ready to offer gold as a reward.
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Wizard 1995
Corsair

Post by Wizard 1995 »

Glad that they got passed alright Syion walked quite far away from the band they had just met. On entering the town Syion saw Drak'Ne wander off to the training ground. Slipping his halberd and shield away he drew his two long swords. "Hmm I wonder what two weapon fighting with long swords is like." He headed off looking for a challenge.

Syion will also attempt to find a challenge in this town. He will offer all of his gold for the prize. He will also hope (if he gets the challenge) to get the "Two Weapon Fighting" skill. If he can't get a challenge then he will head to a quiet corner and rest.
Syion:

Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

Khaleth laughed inwardly as he realised that the pitiful humans had understand his speech. Yet, strangely, they had not reacted...this suggested either stupidity on their part, or a greater plan in motion.
Now they were being led to a training area of sorts, pitifully built like most human structures. Khaleth was given some options, and he made up his mind in but a moment.
Offering a challenge, Syion? I accept the challenge. Give me a couple of hours to finish my training first though.
Basically, Khaleth accepts Syion's challenge, then tries to get +1 S Stat increase from a trainer. In return, he will offer his own services as a trainer to his teacher. After doing that, he will duel Syion. He will throw his long sword into the pool of rewards...so if Syion wins he gets the sword, if Khaleth wins he gets the 7G.
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0