Army List, Salamanders

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Army List, Salamanders

Post by Kinslayer »

Salamanders Army List

HQ

190 - Forgefather Vulkan He’stan
- spear of vulkan, gauntlet of the forge, artificer armour, digital weapons, kesare’s mantle, bolt pistol, frag & krak

Troops

130 - Tactical Combat Squad Alpha
- sergeant with powerfist, 3 marines with bolters, 1 marine with meltagun

65 - Razorback Dedicated Transport Tank Alpha
- twin-linked heavy flamer

130 - Tactical Combat Squad Beta
- sergeant with powerfist, 3 marines with bolters, 1 marine with meltagun

65 - Razorback Dedicated Transport Tank Beta
- twin-linked heavy flamer

195 - Tactical Range Squad
- sergeant with powerfist, 7 marines with bolters, 1 marine with flamer, 1 marine with multi-melta

Elites

200 - Terminator Assault Squad
- sergeant and 4 terminators with thunder hammers, storm shields

225 - Terminator Squad
- sergeant with power sword, and 3 terminators with chainfists, storm bolters, 1 terminator with heavy flamer

130 - Dreadnought
- multi-melta, combat weapon with heavy flamer, smoke launchers, searchlight, extra armour

Heavy Support

230 - Devastator Squad
- sergeant with powerfist, 4 marines with missile launchers, 5 marines with bolters

240 - Land Raider Redeemer
- twin-linked assault cannon, 2 flamestorm cannons, frag assault launcher, smoke launchers, searchlight

_____

Be gentle, this is the first 40k list I have made since the 3rd edition. It is built around the models included in the starter set and so the terminators, dreadnought, etc are there to stay. Everything else is flexible, but I have used the advice of Mr. Anderson to best effect in creating this. Vulkan can be replaced by a Chapter Master (Tu'Shan) should I want, as the built I created is exactly the same points cost. Vulkan is usually going to be the better option here though as he makes all my thunder hammers into master crafted, and all my heavy flamers etc into twin linked. I did not write these changes in as I will remember them for as long as he is alive...

Advice welcome!
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Generally I quite like the list, but one thing to consider is that you can only get one dedicated transport for one squad (so you can't grab two razorbacks for the combat squads, only one. I don't have my codex on me but I don't think you can give twin-linked heavy flamers to razorbacks. Correct me if I"m mistaken.

With the points you save by dropping one of the razorbacks, you can give a drop pod to the dreadnought (which it will need to put its heavy flamer to use - and while you"re at it, you could make it an ironclad too...).

Other than that it's fine. Nothing obviously wrong with the list, but what I found when I first took my marines to the table, even with a list I rather liked, was that they lacked in an area which you couldn't predict before facing a certain tactic/playstyle/army.

Oh, and do make sure you post pictures of your army yes? ;)

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Thanks for the replies. I am actually leading towards going for the assault marine list instead though, since I mentioned first off I want them included. You can see the list in the forum, Raven Guard one. What do you think of that one? I still have a month or more to decide between the two before I start collecting anyway!

Cheers