Group 26

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Katon listened in on the intriguing nature of the House Tariq’s rise to power and it’s position in society. Katon some what became lost in the plot as Stahl went deeper into the reasoning’s behind their existence.

Katon sensed Stahl picked up on his confusion within the conversation and turned it onto Katon asking from where we was from and some information of his past.

“Wasn’t born a mercenary, was a simple person then one day just became a Warrior in the army, seen my fair share of action, not much to tell really. Im out now and after money, with money comes power and I’ll get my slice of the fortune one day.”

Katon looked deep into the fire and the flames covering the logs within, whittling them down slowly. His heart and soul connected with the flames. It’s destructive power it’s enchanting beauty, two things Katon held close to his heart in life.

Katon came back to reality. “Where’s Tamhas? He’s been gone too long, I bet he’s having all the fun right now.”

Katon will stay and talk with the Noble but keep his eyes out towards the distance waiting for Tamhas or a sign of combat.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

I'll better get some more intel, instead of returning. The other slaves wont return With this in mind, Tamhas went on , founding that the source of the noise was an elf, gagged and bound to the wall.

Tamhas pulled his knife of, and after reasuring that he was alone with the captured elf, he showed himself with the knife in hand. Playing a bitwith this captive, he carefully felt the elf's face with the knife, toward the gag, cutting this last one.

as grim as he could talk, Tamhas said:They are gone, they fled last night. Who are you?

Tamhas waits to get the information, and if this elf is from the Lord's party, he'll cut the bounds and take him to the camp, if not, he'll kill him
"If you're going to leave anyone alive, enslave it!"

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting
Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

"Ah, the army. You know, I had low hopes sending to the city of fools to hire mercenaries, and it seems those other two have validated those, but you, I can use. As far as the shade, they take their time, there's no real hurry anyway. Let him have is fun out there, we've a fire."

over in the cave

"I asked you a question. Who are you and who sent you?"
Group 26 Moderator

Here he collected decadent works of 'art' and filled his court with sycophants and courtiers who eroded the last vestiges of the elven spirit.

Thus our weakling kin studied poetry, dancing, gardening and other nonsense, and we watched gleefully how they ran down their armies and forgot the last of the noble military tradition of our past.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

As the captive didn't seem to going to talk, flipping the knife sharp edge, Tamhas started passing the knife through his face, so he could feel the steel (but not cutting him, as the sharp edge is to the other side).

The eyes of the elf started to change, from desesperation by the hooded figure that approach him, to relieve, when he cut the gag, to determination when Tamhas did the question, and to panic, when he started to feel the knife again.

Time was running out, he'll need to go back soon. What can i do? I could leave him here, but beasts could come and eat him, or even worst, the slaves could come and he could tell them that we are around. The other posibility would be taking him back to camp.

Tamhas will wait a bit to see if he speaks. If not, he'll do the following

As he didn't seem going to speak, Tamhas cut from the prisioner clothes a new gag, put it in place, punch the elf in the stomach hard enough to submit him, cut the bounds to the wall, and take him back to the camp.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

“Yea some mercenaries are a little slow witted, surprising considering we are the master race of the old world. Guess natural selection passes the weak less that admirable traits in a attempt that the world will end their life’s swiftly out of their own slow wittedness. The fire is nice, I would sooner be getting my hands dirty though.” ‘Dirty with blood’ thought Katon to him self.

Katon will wait at the fire and try and contain his restlessness, he will think over Stahl’s hint at further employment.
Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

The elf in front of Tamhas obstinately refused to speak again until his questions were answered. Tamhas, his hands unbound, had the upper hand in a contest of wills, and proceeded to deliver a punch to the bound elf's gut before picking him up and hoisting him over his shoulder and making his way out of the cave. During the way back to the others, Tamhas's captive came around again, but let himself lay limp, seeing nothing to be gained through a contest of strength with an obviously well fed elf.

As the odd pair reached the camp, Stahl spoke immediately, in a rather imperious tone: "You will unbind and ungag him immediately. Why have you not already done so?"
Group 26 Moderator

Here he collected decadent works of 'art' and filled his court with sycophants and courtiers who eroded the last vestiges of the elven spirit.

Thus our weakling kin studied poetry, dancing, gardening and other nonsense, and we watched gleefully how they ran down their armies and forgot the last of the noble military tradition of our past.
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The bellow of Stahl’s voice alerted Katon has he jumped up, not hearing what he has said Katon was hoping for a group of Slaves charging them. In stead in the distance came Tahmas, carrying what looked like another Elf.
“To easy.” Katon muttered as Tamhas approached. He didn’t look the slightest bit worn out, indicating he hadn’t massacred a cave of Slaves.

Katon readied his self, placing Stahl’s Cross Bow down and picking up his newly acquired Battered one. Shield now in place and Spear ready and forward with the Battered Cross Bow crudely hanging from his belt, Katon’s eyes darted around expecting some Slave attack from the distance.

Katon will stand ready in case the Slaves have allowed his to happen as part of some great plot. He will ready his Shield to protect him self from fire. On spotting Slaves he will inform the rest and ready the Cross Bow from his belt. Luck maybe on his side and he may wound a Slave if they do come.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

You will unbind and ungag him immediately. Why have you not already done so?

The very first words Tamhas have hear from a couple of hours. A bit tired of having to take the elf in his shoulder, he left him in the floor, as slowly as he could, so he wont get hit, and said:
My appologies, my lord, but i asked twice who he was, and didn't recieved and answer. As i needed him to be as quite as possible to bring him to you, i had to gag him once more.

Looking forward to not have make a huge mistake, he added, while unbounding and ungagging his "prisioner" The slaves have left several hours ago, and have left him alone in the cave. I could see a great amount of footsteps going in and out from that cave, so i think they just move away warned by the fleeing slaves we encountered earlier.

After unbounding his captive, Tamhas will carefully help him to rise again, put him near Stahl and the fire, and go fetch for some food for him and the captive. As Cananatra fled, the only food they have left was the one Katon was carrying.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

Stahl took milled wheat from his pack and told Katon to mix it with water and heat it. "Make sure the mix is thin, he's been starved and his ability to eat solid foood is likely compromised. Heat some water as well. Shade, go and find the other shade's body and get the clothes off it." When Tamhas returned, Stahl bid him sit again and prepared to question him: "You will tell me the exact sequence of events which transpired between the time you left at dusk and when you returned just now."
Group 26 Moderator

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Katon couldn’t see any sign of an incoming assault. He had been tasked with something else any way. Preparing some food.

Katon was no cook, but it was an easy enough task given to him though. Using what implements they had with them he prepared the best meal he could for their new arrival.

Katon stayed silent while he prepared the food and tended the fire. He assumed the new arrival was the father, not having chance too look at him though Katon continued to prepare the food.

Katon will cook the food and pass it to Stahl when it is ready, Katon will remain quiet unless spoken too.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Tamhas was trying his best to attend the new member of the party, knowing that punching him had been as most a mistake, maybe because this ex prisioner wasn't just a Dark Rider, he was lord Tariq himself.

Shade, go and find the other shade's body and get the clothes off it.

Tamhas stood up, bow with his head to Stahl and went toward Katon Where did you see Arlith's body? he said in a whisper. After hearing his answer, he went to find Arlith's body, cut the rope from where he hunged, and then, started to trip him. He left the body of the insolent elf the way it was, no remorse about his death, as he was starting to get into his nerves the last time they spoke.

After he returned and pass Stahl Arlith's clothes, he said:You will tell me the exact sequence of events which transpired between the time you left at dusk and when you returned just now

After i left, i went toward the cave over the hill. As silently as i could, i got near the cave, which oddly, the light which had been present the night before was no longer there. After several minutes, i approached closer to the cave. The hill was great deal bigger than i had originally thought, and as i got nearer to the cave's entrance i couldn't hear nothing from within the cave, nor i saw any light. The moon was high and clear, so i could see almost clearly, yet as i moved closer and closer to the cave, it seemed empty. There where tracks all around me, sets of tracks moved off in different directions, and they weren't new sets. They had been gone for several hours.

As i moved into the cave, i thought the slaves had had run off, for Katon's disconfort. The cave was fairly narrow at it's opening, about five feet across and similarly high, but a few meters in, it opened into a large chamber. i could see the very faint embers of a fire abandoned for several hours confirming my hipothesis. Suddenly, i heared a noise, like a gagged person. When i approached, i saw him, and go nearer to see if he was alone. After a little while, i showed myself, and cut the gag, asked who he was, but i didn't received an answer. I was considering of killing him, as he could delay our endevour, but i thought it through, so i asked again. As i didn't find any answer again, i realized that you could identify him, so i gagged again so he wont make any sound in our way back and brought him here. If you think i've acted unadecuately, i offer you my apologies

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

Food was prepared, and it was eaten, and there was quiet for a spell. Lord Tariq and his son then began to converse, in whispers that Katon and Tamhas struggled to hear. This conversation went on for a solid ten minutes, but only Katon managed to overhear anything and all he could hear was "...the shade punched me in the stomach..."

It was then that Lord Tariq, dressed in the clothes of a dead shade, addressed Tamhas and Katon "Shade, I would have you know that were we not in the middle of nowhere, you'd no longer be drawing breath. As it is, I'm a practical man, and we need as many blades as we can muster to return to the city. While the slaves seem to have disappeared, the wilds can still easily kill those within them, as you've likely realized. The slaves will likely starve and die soon, they'd long run out of food having already eaten my bodyguards. I will spend a day to recover my strength, and then we will return to the city. Know that Stahl has already engaged the Temple of Khaine to assure that word of this does not spread."

So it was that the small group made its way back home, injured and tired, but optimistic about rewards yet to come. Stahl had what he wanted, Katon had performed excellently, only Tamhas had reason to worry.
Group 26 Moderator

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

With the food prepared everyone sat and ate. The two Noble’s spoke to each other, they kept their voices low as to not allow Katon and Tamhas to hear. Some time through the conversation Katon picked up on a few words but nothing of note. The Lord has mentioned the Shade had hit him, this amused Katon slightly, though he hid is grin well.

The plan was set and with the Lord now secure they could begin back to the city. They would only have to survive one more night before they could leave just to allow the Lord to regain his strength, the Noble too could have used some resting time so it wasn’t a total waste of time. Katon was anxious through out their days wait, mindful of slaves perhaps re attacking, nothing came though.

Morning came and it was time to be heading home. The weather had been good through the night and the morning sky was clear. The sun rose and the light shone through the trees. The wind was unusually low as through out their journey it had been extremely cold and violent. ‘The gods must favour us today’ thought Katon.

The morning progressed and it was time to be mounting up and heading home. Katon waited some time for the two more distinguished members of their group to select their mounts, Katon did not care which Steed he would have.
Katon helped Stahl onto his horse and proceeding to help Lord Tariq in the same manner. Unclipping his Short Sword from his belt and slidding his Shield from his back he holds them up and presents his weaponry to the Lord.

“Not as elegant or as well crafted as my Lord would normally use, but I would sooner see you have some form of defence for your self on this journey home. I will do my best and put my life before yours in the event of any attack, but should Khaine see my time fit to end I can leave knowing you can fight on in his name.”

After offering his Sword and Shield to Lord Tariq Katon will prepare his horse. The will attach the Battered CrossBow to the horse before mounting him self. Setting his Spear into the Rack and adjusting him self in the saddle and ensuring everything he has is within reach Katon will bring his horse up to the others and prepare to leave with them.

Katon will be waiting for the rest of the group to set off. He may be without his Short Sword and Shield depending on if Lord Tariq takes it. Katon still his Spear and the Battered Cross Bow. All he needs is a dark cloak and he would look the part of a Dark Rider.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

After eating some food, the noble and the other elf began to talk. Because of the disposition that Stahl had to the other elf, it seems that he was Lord Tariq. great, i again messed up and punched a noble in the stomach. I'll be lucky if he let me live for a week.

After 10 minutes of conversation, the elf adressed to Tamhas "Shade, I would have you know that were we not in the middle of nowhere, you'd no longer be drawing breath. As it is, I'm a practical man, and we need as many blades as we can muster to return to the city. While the slaves seem to have disappeared, the wilds can still easily kill those within them, as you've likely realized. The slaves will likely starve and die soon, they'd long run out of food having already eaten my bodyguards. I will spend a day to recover my strength, and then we will return to the city. Know that Stahl has already engaged the Temple of Khaine to assure that word of this does not spread."

With that, he left Tamhas standing, as firmly as he could, not to show how nervous he was. He went to Katon's side, and said We better schedule the watches. I'll begin if you want to rest, i've a lot of things to think about to rest right now.

Tamhas spent the evening trying to figure out how he could make Lord Tariq spare his life. Although he had said that he wont kill him, this was just for now.

At the next morning, Tamhas saw Katon offer his sword and shiled to Lord Tariq, as well as his services. This could be a good way to keep his life, although he knew that his freedom will be compromised.

Tamhas approached Lord Tariq and Stahl in a given moment, and waited for them to notice him and give him the permition to speak up Lord Tariq, i know i've don't deserve to continue breathing for what i have done. If i may somehow pay you for my unworthy behavior, i'll be glad to be at your services in the way you see fit. In this time of service, i'll gladly give my life for you, as i'm bound to my oath of service toward you. Tamhas will kneel in front of themPlease consider my offer..

Tamhas will wait for their reply, or leave when he's comanded to.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

OOC: FYI Katon, the spears used by Dark Riders are very different from infantry spears.

The Lord replied weakly to Katon: "I can't walk, I can barely sit a horse. What would you have me do with a sword and shield?" He then turned to Tamhas: "Shade, when you have permission to speak, I'll tell you. When I want your oppinion, I'll give it to you. You will ride with us back to my estate, where I'll decide what to do with you."

The journey home was long and slow, but uneventful. Katon was forced to carry the reins of Lord Tariq's mount the whole journey, which did little to speed progress, and they were forced to stop often due to the party's injuries.

When the group made it back to Clar Karond, Lord Tariq sent Tamhas to go to the manse and make sure nothing was amiss. Several hours later, the shade returned, reporting the this elder sons had been attempting to assert control over the house, though violence had yet to break out

When the party rode through the estate's gates, a hush fell over the area, and the first words anyone heard were "Stablemaster!" at which a respectable looking elf came running. "Stable these horses, and I shall require you to acquire another cold one on my behalf."

Lord Tariq then dismounted, handing the reins to the elf, before carefully and slowly walking to this manor, taking great pains not to be seen to struggle. Once the party was indoors, the majordomo came running. "Carry me to my rooms, and give each of these two a room."
Group 26 Moderator

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

"Shade, when you have permission to speak, I'll tell you. When I want your oppinion, I'll give it to you. You will ride with us back to my estate, where I'll decide what to do with you."

This was the answer to Tamhas. Not that he didn't expected them, but maybe showing his concern might spare his life. Now the only thing i have left is the wait. The always harsh wait of the sentence to the trail. I should have paid more attention to the paintings back at the manor, and i wouldn't be in this situation.

Speechless Tamhas decided he wasn't going to talk at all until his opinion would be requested. This way he could show how important he believed this matter was.

In the journey back, there wasn't any trouble. Although they could have done the way back in a couple of days, they had to stop now and then to fix Stahls and lord Tariq's injuries.

When they where back in the city, lord Tariq sent Tamhas to the manse. Tamhas left his horse to Katon, as he needed to be as stealthy as possible.

When he arrived to the manse, the air was dense. The atmosphere was crowded of violence, although it wasn't at the open. He walked through the shadows, toward lowborn druchii groups, so he could overhear what had happened. It seems that one of Stahls brother had arrived from opensea, and as his father wasn't at home, he decided he would be Lord from now on.

This wasn't at all intriging, as the druchii ways have this peculiarities. Fortunately enough, we shades don't have this behaviours. At least not this way of doing things

He approached the house, noticing that the lowborns were with divided loyalties. It was courious that they believed their lord had been killed. To Slaves!!

After getting some info, he went back to where the party was. He made his report, and waiting for command.

After a while, they went toward the manor, lord Tariq called for the Stablemaster who came running.

Tamhas dismounted and got near lord Tariq, without helping him to unmount unless he made a sudden move, vigilant to catch him if he fell. He didn't wanted to appear as useless, but he knew that Stahl needed to appear as secure and unharmed as possible.

Tamhas will go at Lord Tariq's side, as a bodyguard, toward the house, preventing him from falling if this could happen

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The Lord was in a less than thankful mood.

"I can't walk, I can barely sit a horse. What would you have me do with a sword and shield?"

“Apologies my Lord, I will wield them for your protection.”

Backing away and re-equipping him self Katon then spent the journey in silence just as Tamhas did. They had both come to the understanding they should know there place and do as they are told. ‘Easy enough’ thinks Katon as the majority of his life has been spent doing as he was told.

A few stops on the journey gave Katon some much needed rest as he was taking the reins of Lord Tariq’s horse and his own. The journey was slow though Katon was happy that it was some what uneventful. Thoughts now turned to the city and the rewards he may gain from this venture.

Upon entering the city the group took one more rest, while they were resting Tamhas was sent on a recognisance mission to see as to what state the house hold was in.
Upon returning it seems one of the sons had done the noble thing and tried to steal the family name for him self.

Entering the grounds of the house Katon hadn’t had time to assess the area before a well dressed Elf was taking his horse from him. Jumping down Katon allowed the Elf to take the horse and ensured he had all of his stuff before proceeding with the rest of the group to the mansion.

Lord Tariq ordered that both Katon and Tamhas each received a room. Glad of a chance to clean up Katon followed Tamhas and a servant up the stairs.

“Look we should get cleaned up fast and be ready in case we are summoned down stairs, hopefully things will kick off and that son will get a dressing down.” Katon smiled as he left Tamhas and entered the room.

Following his own advise Katon will clean him self and resist the urge to sleep knowing he should be ready in case they are summoned down stairs.
Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

Katon and Tamhas were taken to familiar rooms, though this time without the baggage of two extra people. The fires had been lit beforehand and the rooms were comfortably warm. Katon washed his face and hands using the washbasin provided and tried to make himself look presentable before sitting down on a chair in the corner. He was resisting the urge to sleep when a knock came at the door, soon followed by a slave carrying a tray with a platter, cutlery, a jug of wine, and an intricately carved crystal glass. Seeing the look in Katon's eyes, the slave added "My lord bids you enjoy the meal and rest for the night. An attendant will stand outside your door, at your disposal." before taking the lid from the platter and backing out of the room.

Katon's mouth watered as he looked down on the food in front of him. A roasted capon, along with bacon, glazed vegetables, and potatoes croquette sat before him. He dug in with reckless abandon, enjoying what must have been one of the best meals of his life, made all the better by the deprivation he'd known recently.

Tamhas's fare was modest, but filling. He made do with a plate of boiled beef and cabbage, but had little to complain about; he'd eaten far worse in the spine.

Katon was woken by a rapping at his door. Granted permission to enter, the slave girl brought clean clothes and helped Katon to change into them. When he had changed, she fetched from a bag a deep blue robe adorned with the sigil of House Tariq. She said "Master Stahl bids me congratulate you and inform you that you will go with Lord Tariq to the Clar Karond herald on the morrow, where you will pick for yourself a sigil." She handed to him a bag containing 140 pieces of gold. "Lord Tariq also commands you to visit the armoury this afternoon, that his smith might take your measurements."

A few minutes later, Tamhas, who had woken early and sat alert at his bed heard a knocking, the door opened and a slave girl left in the doorway a set of clean brown clothes, a purse containing 220 pieces of gold and a sealed note which, upon opening, read "House Tariq is generous, and your life will be spared conditional upon your continued good service and lack of any further incidents."

In the morning, the whole house was called to line in the training yard. On a raised dais stood Lord Tariq, his son Hasadrel, in chains, and a figure which appeared to be a trainee of Khaine. Once all were assembled, the lord spoke: "Before you is my son Hasadrel, who has betrayed his house and his leige lord, on this day will he know Khaine's justice." The lord said quietly to the other figure on the platform "Wraithshroud, if you will."

With that, the trainee carefully excised the rogue son's heart and held it up before the onlookers. Again the lord spoke: "This is the fate of all who would stand against me, but as justice is harsh, so is reward sweet. Katon Edios! Your service to this house has been exemplary, and so you advance in society's ranks. You are now a retainer to House Tariq and personal retainer to my son Stahl. I have yet an unmarried daughter; she will be yours if your service continues to be exemplary."

OOC: I'll wrap up here for now. Katon, you have one stat point to spend, as do you, Ulric.
Group 26 Moderator

T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Standing upon the raised dais Seraphiel could see the entire cohort of House Tariq. I do hope Tariq rememhers I serve the Temple and not him. It was easy to identify whom were retainers of the house for they all adorned the same blue robe with the houses' sigil emblazoned upon it. A low, broken whimper issued from the ruined mouth of the shuddering figure that was chained at his feet, "Wraithshroud if you will."
His name thrust him back from his thoughts and Seraphiel slowly looked up to the face of the Lord of the House. "As you wish m'lord." Staring down at the pathetic waste of an elf before him Seraphiel bent low and whispered into his ear, "This will hurt." Sliding his dagger from the sheathe at his waist, Seraphiel looked into the eyes of Hasadrel and promised, "If you bleed on my tunic, I am going to crush your heart before I remove it."

Hasadrel's last breathe left his body the instant Seraphiel finished carving the ritual rune of Khaine into the now deceased elf's body. Seraphiel held the heart in his hand, careful to ensure the drips of blood avoided his white tunics. Lord Tariq opened his mouth again and began addressing the cohort and as he did so Seraphiel allowed the heart to fall to the ground with a splat.

"Lord Tariq? What is your next move? I am here under orders of the Temple, I'd prefer not to stand around doing nothing." As he finished speaking he turned back to the crowd gathered before him and took note of the warrior that Tariq had singled out as well as the dishevelled figure that stood beside him. These must be the two. "Tariq? I am assuming that Katon Edios and the shade standing beside him are the ones I have been told to accompany?"
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The room was grander than any other he had had the privilege of staying in. Upon entering the heat of the room swelled around Katon, the fire in the corner was roaring and it’s flames were enough to fill the entire room with light. There was a wash basin and clean towels on the dresser the other side of the room. Katon hurried and began cleaning him self up, a few minutes of frantic cleaning had removed the majority of dirt and grim from him self. Spying a lavish chair tucked away in the corner, scattered with fine looking cloth and elaborate cushions Katon sat him self down. Relaxing back into the chair Katon had to fight with him self to stay awake.

A knock came from the door, Katon jumped up straight away already prepared to be summoned. To his surprise a young slave entered carrying a tray with a platter, cutlery, a jug of wine, and an intricately carved crystal glass which looked as if it was priceless and was never intended to be used.
"My lord bids you enjoy the meal and rest for the night. An attendant will stand outside your door, at your disposal." Instructed the slave as she lay the platter down on a table and back out from the room, closing the door as she left.
With his mouth watering, he looked over the food presented to him. A roasted capon, along with bacon, glazed vegetables, and potatoes croquette sat before him. Digging in Katon could not help him self, this was probably the best meal of his life. The unspeakable hunger he had accumulated from his travels only spurred him on to devour the platter of food within minutes, he hadn’t even touched the wine, only doing so after finishing the food to wash it down.
Not even finishing the jug of wine Katon retired to bed.

Morning came and Katon was woken by a tapping on his door. Looking around he confirmed the pervious night had not been some mad dream, the room was still incredibly warm, the fires embers still glowing with the last of their heat. Calling to the door a slave girl brought clean clothes and helped Katon with them. Before he had even managed to finish dressing the slave ran off to fetch a bag, from within the bag she brought out a deep blue robe with the sigil of House Tariq embodied onto it. The slave spoke "Master Stahl bids me congratulate you and inform you that you will go with Lord Tariq to the Clar Karond herald on the morrow, where you will pick for yourself a sigil." Not understanding the full scope of the situation Katon just listens to the slave. She then handed him a small bag containing 140 pieces of gold. "Lord Tariq also commands you to visit the armoury this afternoon, that his smith might take your measurements." A grin lights across Katons face at this point, glancing across the room he looks over his armour, what’s left of it after the wilderness and battle had taken their toll on it.

The Slave and Katon had just finished up when another Slave ran by, requesting the whole house was called to the training yard. Leaving his Spear and Shield Katon grabs his Short Sword and ties the belt under his robes out of sight and proceeds down stairs. The courtyard was filled with various members of the household in front of them all stood Lord Tariq, his son on his knees in chains, and a member of the Temple of Khaine stood over him. Speaking before them Lord Tariq decreed that his son was to receive the worst punishment for his traitorous behaviour.

With flawless precision the son's heart was plucked from his chest and held it up for all to see. The chilling words of Lord Tariq broke the silence "This is the fate of all who would stand against me, but as justice is harsh, so is reward sweet. Katon Edios! Your service to this house has been exemplary, and so you advance in society's ranks. You are now a retainer to House Tariq and personal retainer to my son Stahl. I have yet an unmarried daughter; she will be yours if your service continues to be exemplary." Taken back by a public mention Katon is unsure what to do, nodding in the general direction of the Lord, Katon is humbled by the mention.

Everyone begins to disperse and continue with their choirs. The Trainee speaks to Lord Tariq, Katon catches none of the conversation as he walks over to address the Lord. Dropping to one knee before him. “My Lord, words can not express the honour I have just received. I accept my advance into your family’s embrace, Thank you my Lord. I will proceed to the armoury as instructed his morning, I am instantly at your call.” Bowing his head once more Katon will stand and make his way to the armoury.

Allowing the smith to take his measurements Katon contemplates the mornings proceeding so far. Thinking back to the mission they had just completed his mind wonders to what other objectives he will be tasked with.

OOC: Time in the forest and travelling have increased Katons physical fitness he has since lost any excess weight through the time spent in the wilderness. The physical and mental demands have increased his overall stamina. The long period of time spent within his armour have increased his speed and agility while using it. Katons Dexterity (D) has increased by (+1).
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

At the arrival to the house, Katon and Tamhas where conducted to the rooms that they have used last time This time i wont have Arlith to bother me. The fire was lit and the room was warm. Katon departed to his room, leaving Tamhas time to rest. He ate the food he was given, much better that the one he have eaten in the spine. He still was nervious for what was going to happen to him, as his fate haven't been resolved yet.

A door knock interrupted his thoughts, as the door opened a slave girl left in the doorway a clean set of clothes a purse and a sealed note. Tamhas took everything and closed the door. He then cleaned himself, put on the clothes and afterward, read the letter. House Tariq is generous, and your life will be spared conditional upon your continued good service and lack of any further incidents.

A relief feeling struck Tamhas, as his mistakes were forgiven. Now i'm in debt with lord Tariq. I'll need to prove myself to them, so i will regain my freedom.

The next morning, the whole house was called to line in the training yard. On a raised dais stood Lord Tariq, at his side covered in chains was his deceitful son, and a figure which appeared to be a trainee of Khaine. Once all were assembled, the lord spoke: "Before you is my son Hasadrel, who has betrayed his house and his leige lord, on this day will he know Khaine's justice." The lord said quietly to the other figure on the platform "Wraithshroud, if you will."

After the command, the trainee said something to the rogue son, which must have been something hideous, as Hasadrel was disgusted by it. Then, with an unnerving skill, the Trainee removed his heart, and lifted, so the whole public could see it. Lord Tariq spoke again: "This is the fate of all who would stand against me, but as justice is harsh, so is reward sweet. Katon Edios! Your service to this house has been exemplary, and so you advance in society's ranks. You are now a retainer to House Tariq and personal retainer to my son Stahl. I have yet an unmarried daughter; she will be yours if your service continues to be exemplary."

This is what i gain for making bad decisions. Now i'll have to be careful with Katon aswell. i was starting to like this guy, but if he's going to become some sort of boss to me, i wont be too happy.

Meanwhile the yard was getting clear, Tamhas could see as the Trainee spoke to lord Tariq. He couldn't hear what they where talking about. Tamhas decided that it was better to have Katon as an ally rather than a superior, so he went to congratulate him Nicely done, Katon. I mean Lord Katon. I supose you're as tied to this house as i am. It seems that we are going to work together for a long while.

As Lord Tariq and the Trainee got nearer, Katon went toward them and drop to one knee. Tamhas didn't catch what he said, but it seemed that it pleased Lord Tariq. Tamhas dissapeared toward the armoury, as he had nothing to say to lord Tariq, except saying thanks.

OOC: As Tamhas had more chance to train with his sword than his crossbow, he had been getting better at the discipline of hand to hand fighting. Because of that, Tamhas will get +1 in WS.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Moving away toward Lord Tariq, Tamhas crossed Katon path to offer congratulations. “Nicely done, Katon. I mean Lord Katon. I supose you're as tied to this house as i am. It seems that we are going to work together for a long while”

Walking up to the armoury Tamhas was already there looking around. Katon walks up behind the Shade and puts his hand on his shoulder.

“Look out on the forest either of us could have just left the other to die, we stuck together and through a rewards are some what different we still live, reward enough f or me. I didn’t set out to get my self a name or end up some family’s retainer. Just the way it plays, money is what im after, and here’s where I’ll make mine.”

Moving his robe to the side Katon reveals his Sword. “Im a Warrior by trade politics aren’t for me, we’ll be working together for a while, im still going to get my hands dirty, you need to really. All talk and no fight would see us digress to our cousins level, id sooner die than sit in my white tower drawing pictures of the moons and stars.”
Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

OOC: FYI, Katon is now Sir Katon (assuming he demands to be so addressed), not Lord Katon (which is not correct anyway, it would be Lord Edios, assuming he chose that as the name for a new house, a right he has not been granted.)

Katon proceeded to the armoury, where he was greeted by the Master Smith, who instructed on of the slaves to being measuring Katon. Standing in one spot, Katon looked around at the examples of craftsmanship mounted on the walls. On the wall to his left were the suits of armour reserved for the men of House Tariq, though one suit was hammered in at the chest and had slashes through the Tariqi sigils which marked the others. Lord Tariq's suit was awesomely impressive, being lacquered black and laden with golden filigree; it radiated an aura of menace which Katon could not attribute entirely to the craftsmanship displayed by the piece. When the measurements were complete, the smith spoke "As my lord has commanded, I shall forge for you one suit of armour according to these measurements."

As Katon was leaving the smithy, he saw a tall maiden wearing battered armour. She hurried towards the manor and was quickly ushered inside. Syjahel was lead towards an audience chamber where Lord Tariq sat in a large chair. He looked over the newcomer carefully before speaking: "Your father has asked that as a favour, I to take you into my service. He assures me that you're a capable warrior. I trust the word of Lord Kherandis as much as any elf outside my family. For the moment, I have nothing useful for you to do. Go to the practice yard and hone your skills there. You'll find a shade, Tamhas Shad'hil there, he should hopefully provide you with some entertainment." With that, the lord stood up and walked from the room.

Edios and Stahl returned from the herald later that day, having chosen Katon's sigil.

MORE OOC: Katon, for simplicity's sake and so that I don't forget, add a suit of medium armour to your inventory. Ulric, if there are any pieces of gear you want to buy, you can assume that the armoury has them, and you can buy them there at the prices listed in the RPG rules thread.
Group 26 Moderator

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Tamhas was at the armoury when he felt a hand in his shoulder. Katon's look was a bit grim, as he said:Look out on the forest either of us could have just left the other to die, we stuck together and through a rewards are some what different we still live, reward enough for me. I didn’t set out to get myself a name or end up some family’s retainer. Just the way it plays, money is what i'm after, and here’s where I’ll make mine.

After he shows his sword he addedIm a Warrior by trade. politics aren’t for me, we’ll be working together for a while, im still going to get my hands dirty, you need to realice. All talk and no fight would see us digress to our cousins level, id sooner die than sit in my white tower drawing pictures of the moons and stars

Tamhas saw him into his eyes, he didn't understand well how the warriors worked, as he lived in the spine, where if you weren't part of the clan, you'll have to prove that you were worth of trust. I believe i will be able to trust this guy in timeI'm as you here for the money, but i'm also in debt with Lord Tariq. For now, i'm glad to have you at my side. With this, Tamhas continue to see what was in the armoury. Tha lack of armour was a problem, but using it cold affect his skills. He searched for a leather armour, as it wouldn't make as much noise as a heavier armour. He also wanted a dagger. It was better to have with what defend himself if he get cought in a fight The best defense is a good offense

paid 60 po for the goods

After his purchases, he went to see where he could find items that could be handy in any new quest
Tamhas will search for the following items: healing balms and potions, lock tools (known as thieves tools)

Finally he goes to the trainning yards to practice with the dagger and sword.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Sheating the dagger back onto his left hip, T'Keela once again stood close to Tariq watching the approaching to warriors with little more than apathy. There must be a greater reason for my presence than simply watching these two. Obviously the Temple does not wish them dead immediately, otherwise they would already be dead. Perhaps if I get the chance I shall ask Tariq.
As they approached the dais, Seraphiel casually put his hand over his short sword ready to kill the approaching warrior should he have to. I need to get some information out of this. It seems I am going to be working with others, even if life would be easier with them dead and if I am to be watching them then I shall need to know there backgrounds.

Lost in his thoughts the trainee barely caught on to what was being said between the two, though he did manage to catch the end of the one whom Tariq had identified as Katon, thanks to Tariq, He's subtle if not diplomatic, though he seems to prefer fighting if there is anything to judge by his sword.

What caught Seraphiel's attention was the behaviour displayed by the shade. Where does he get off? Not even thanks for whatever reward he may have recieved, though he did mention something to Katon. I still do not understand what cause the Hags have to order their murder. Seraphiel watch the shade skulk off towards the armoury a rare twinkle of curiosity in his eye, "Shade's only skulk seem and the fastest solution to a skulker is a knife," mumbled the Trainee. Turning to address Tariq, Seraphiel began, "Mi'lord," with an incline of his head, "I assume you currently have no use for me. As such, I respectfully ask for your permission to meet those that I may be travelling with for myself." Bowing respectfully towards Tariq again, Seraphiel turned on his heel amongst a swishing of white material and headed off to lean against the armoury entrance to await the return of his "allies"

Soon afterwards Seraphiel heard incoming footsteps and surely enough the shade walked past him towards the arena. "Shade! I am Seraphiel, while we wait for our orders perhaps we could spar?" His recent struggles may have taught him something; only time will tell. Drawing his weapons, Seraphiel stood before Tamhas, eager to test the elf's skill.

Seraphiel will await the response of Tamhas. If Tamhas agrees and strikes first, than Seraphiel will attempt to block with both blades before aiming a kick at the Shades knees. If he agrees and does not choose the first strike, than Seraphiel will come in hard and fast with both his blades and attempt to put Tamhas on the defensive. However, if Tamhas isn't in the mood Seraphiel will simply sit and wait for another sparring partner or until he recieves orders.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills: