Group 26

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

OOC: Not at all. I know the guys are at college, and have less time because of that... but is just organization, i work, i'm attending to a master and am participating in some investigations... and above all, i can post a few lines. Granted, with the "notify me" option in the posts i can control when i need to post, but anyway... I think we need to wait a little bit longer, and if there is no post, then i think we go to the pool of characters again?
"If you're going to leave anyone alive, enslave it!"

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting
Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

OOC: Sorry about the inactivity folks, I was largely broadsided by the largely unexpected loss of two players. I'm still thinking about what to do with the rest if the story arc because if the story continues as it was, with two players, you essentially WILL die. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it work, without seeming forced and lame. I'm quite busy today and tomorrow, but expect a mod post on Tuesday. In the mean time, all I can really do is apologize for the lack of appropriate communication.

On a different note, these sorts of discussions should really be kept in the off topic forum.

Thanks,

Dhar'Neth
Group 26 Moderator

Here he collected decadent works of 'art' and filled his court with sycophants and courtiers who eroded the last vestiges of the elven spirit.

Thus our weakling kin studied poetry, dancing, gardening and other nonsense, and we watched gleefully how they ran down their armies and forgot the last of the noble military tradition of our past.
Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

Arlith stepped through the brush, into sight of two humans in trees, their weapons aimed at him. What Arlith failed to notice, however, was that he had stepped into a loop of rope, disguised by fallen pine needles. One of the humans sneered at him before using his bayonnet to cut a line, jerking the rope tight, and grabbing Arlith by the leg, hanging him upside down. What followed was not pleasant for the young elf who, having dropped his weapon, was in a convenient position for the slaves to practice their marksmanship, which they seemed to derive a great deal of enjoyment from.

One of the slaves, seeing two more elves arrive to join the fray, called something out in his crude tongue, signaling his remaining comrade to beat a hasty retreat.

Stahl lies on the ground, cursing and bleeding profusely. He appears to be trying to use a turniquette to staunch the bleeding, but his strength is fading quickly, and he struggles pathetically with the knot.
Last edited by Dhar'neth on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Group 26 Moderator

Here he collected decadent works of 'art' and filled his court with sycophants and courtiers who eroded the last vestiges of the elven spirit.

Thus our weakling kin studied poetry, dancing, gardening and other nonsense, and we watched gleefully how they ran down their armies and forgot the last of the noble military tradition of our past.
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

With Stahl on the floor looking to be badly wounded from the fight with the Slaves, Cananatra no where to be seen and in the distance what looked to be the Shade Arlith lifeless and in quite a mess.

With a Slave in front of him Katon kept his Shield raised defensively and use his weight to try and disarm the Human’s weapon. A brief shunt with his weight reviled that Slave had turned tail and was fleeing from the battle. In the distance other figures in the darkness could be seen returning into the night.

Khaine had favoured Katon against the pervious Slave and ensured Katon had bested him. Blood was what Khaine wanted and that was what he would receive. No slave was going to flee, especially this one. ‘You can’t pick a fight then flee because you are a lesser warrior, you have to die! That is your fate’ Katon thinks has he sets off full speed after the slave, chasing that last kill for Khaine that last drop of blood that Khaine had demanded. “Coward! Come here! Coward!”

Katon will chase the slave down hopping to use his Elven speed and blood lust to bring the Slave down and deliver to Khaine what he desires. Katon only seeks the blood of the Slave he was fighting, if he kills the Slave he will return to the group, if the Slave gets away he will still return, though as a very unhappy Druchii.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

OOC: then we will continue ;)

IC: Tamhas was standing in between Stahl and the slaves, parrying any attacks directed to the young lord. With some swings of grace, he have been able to deviate every blow the slaves threw, and ocationally strike when they let their guard down.

After some minutes of battle, he could hear the sound of a rope tightening (spell?), and the voice of Arlith through the woods Arlith, you're alright?!

Only the sound of the battle in which he and Katon where inmerse answered. damn fool!!, i don't wonder he got himself killed, acting by his own.

In the meantime, Stahl drag a little bit off the battle, and apply to himself a torniquet to his wounded leg.

One of the slaves made a sudden move, rotating in his axis to deliver a powerful blow at Tamhas head. this is it, he wont recover quick enough from such a blow Tamhas evaded the blow and prepare his counterattack

Tamhas will continue defending every blow, ocasionally striking the slaves back. His goal will be defend Stahl, while hopefully Katon will join the fight

where is Cananatra? Did he flee from a couple of slaves?

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

Katon sped forwards, screaming bloody murder at the terrified humans, his vision tinged red with Khaine's fervour. The elf ran hard, easily catching up to the emaciated creature and knocking it over with the but of his spear before savaging the creature as it lay on the ground. In his fury, Katon did not notice the other slave escaping. Drawing his sword, he expended his fury upon the recently dead corpse, spraying blood all over himself and the ground around him. His temper cooling, but his sadism piqued, Katon cuts the heart from the slave's chest and brings it back to where Stahl lies, leaving a trail of dripping entrails behind him.

Watching Katon recklessly pursue the slaves, it was clear to Stahl that his consciousness wouldn't hold out against this loss of blood for long, his skin paled further and further, despite an unhealthily pale tone to begin with. Before falling unconscious, he whimpered to Tamhas. "Idiot, help me"

On returning to the vastly diminished group, Katon took stock of the dire situation. Cananatra and Arlith were nowhere to be found. Stahl was lying unconscious in a pool of his own blood. Night was beginning to set in Katon could feel the water in the human's blood (which now coated him from head to toe) evaporating on his head and neck, chilling him to the bone. He decided to make a quick circuit of the area, hoping to make sure nothing lay in wait in the twilight. Here he stumbled across Arlith's hanging body, riddled with crossbow bolts. He found three horses, tied to a tree, the fourth missing along with Cananatra.

Having staunched the bleeding with a tourniquette, Tamhas begins building a fire, desperate for warmth, his coating of sweat chilling him. He wiped the sweat from Stahl's face and wrapped him up as best he could. With a warm fire blazing, the two conscious elves set about deciding how to proceed.

OOC: Ulric, I'd like you to read over the posts a little bit more carefully in the future. I don't understand where "Tamhas will continue defending every blow, ocasionally striking the slaves back. His goal will be defend Stahl, while hopefully Katon will join the fight" comes from, if the enemies you're fighting have just fled.
Group 26 Moderator

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

OOC: sorry, i read fast, and thought only one slave fled. I'll read more slowly to not make this kind of mistakes (by the way, could you erase the preview off-topics?)

IC: The slaves fled. The situation wasn't as favorable as he could think, as Katon left them to please Khaine, and with an enourmous amount of will, Tamhas remain at Stahl side. Idiot, help me he heard. Stahl, just passed out because of the bleeding.

Looking for some clothings strips, Tamhas managed to make a tourniquette on Stahl's leg, so he wont bleed out, and cover him with blankets of the riding chairs, so he would keep warm. Then, he walked in the surroundings searching for firewood.

After a while, Stahl was shivering. Tamhas dried the cold sweat from his face and head. This will be a long night.

Katon returned from his persue, covered in blood. The coagulating blood gave him a barbaric look. Tamhas looked at him, amused by the image of Katon Mensha Khaine Lord Khaine would be so proud of him.Help me move lord Stahl nearer to the fire, so keeps warm. We'll have to remove the arrow in his leg.

Sitting by the fire, the situation looked daring. They could continue, but their numbers have diminished to in two fifths. I don't know if we should continue with this endevour. Lord Stahl is badly injured, and there is no signs from Arlith or Cananatra. The way i see it we have two options: we can sit here, wait for lord Stahl to recover enough to continue, or we can go back, seek for medics in the castle, and find new members to supply the group. Every minute counts, so we should decide fast.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

With his blood lust subdued and a bloodied body offered to Khaine. Katon now walks back toward the surviving members to find Tamhas had already built a fire and was tending to the young Noble. Katon heeded Tamhas’s request and helped move Stahl closer to the fire.
The fires warmth was a welcome comfort to Katon as the sweat and blood from the recent battle had since lost it’s natural warmth and was being chilled to his skin and clothing in the cold night air. “Remove the shot from his leg? How do we do that, im not a doctor, do you have an idea?”
Katon moves around the fire to try and dry his clothing off by wiping the blood and twisting his clothing to force moisture and blood out. Looking around into the wilderness and at the night sky. “Calm and silent now, I think Khaine has seen enough blood for now, perhaps some time to allow us to rest. We were lucky the Slave fled, I bet they thought they were due to be outnumbered.” ‘Katon grinned to him self, looking to the flames of the fire.’
“So lets say we can get that blot of out his leg. There is no way we can catch the Slaves, and my life is more important than his gold, I came here to make money not die. We are a few days ride from the city, though we maybe able to cut that time down with less weight and the fact we aren’t tracking those scum. I think bolt in his leg or not we can make it, we have a selection of horses now so they should be able to be ridden longer. Well have to take turns sharing Stahl bolt or not I doubt he will manage a steed alone. I vote back to the city.”

Katon turns and looks into the darkness

“I’ll take a walk into the darkness see if I can scrounge anything we can use, I assume Arlith and Cananatra’s bodies are out there too….. I’ll bring back anything useful I can find. I’ll see if I can swipe a Crossbow, not fired one since my training in the army, but guess it’s like a sacrifice, you never forget how it’s done.”

Katon will talk with Tamhas and make a plan of what they should do, he will wait to finish a discussion with Tamhas before he goes off scavenging, unless Tamhas can persuade him to stay with the group.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

i believe we should get back. Beside, with the stench of resent battle, plus all the blood lord Stahl have lost, we will be drawing attention from beast, if not from the slaves that will be returning for their deads or to scavenge our bodies. No, i think we should go back. With the four horses, we can stop to rest less, and return faster.

Watching at Stahl, he added the thing that concerns me is that if he survives this night, and the trip back to the city, he could blame us for this unsuccessful mission, and i don't think we would have another chance to search for his father

Go and see if there is anything interesting in the area, search for that crossbow you want, we might need it in the future.

with that, Tamhas will concentrate in stabilizing Stahl, cleaning his wound, although he wont risk taking out the bolt.

Tamhas will take care of Stahl, keep guard, and then (as it seems) return with him to the city.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

“Ok then, you speak a lot of sense so back to the city we will go. Four horses should be ample transport to get us back, I’ll bring them over after I’ve had a look around and we can start to mount up. It’s still dark but by the time we start moving it should be dawn.”
Katon will look down to Stahl and his condition. “He should make the trip, he can’t blame us for the mess we are in, it’s a collective of problems. Better he lives and hunts his father’s corpse another day than dies here, by the sound of it neither him nor his brothers can claim the Household with out the father’s Seal so we may be back for it.”
Katon looks out into the still silent darkness. “Ok I’ll go fetch those horses and have a look see if I can find anything of use, I’ll try and make a note of the direction the Slaves went in case we do come back to find them. I’ll look for anything of note to see if there are any clues to their location, might be better if I take a look then you go and I’ll finish packing up, your eyes are trained to the out doors, you may stop things I deem normal.”

Katon will go off and get the horses, after bring them back to Tamhas he will see if he has anything to say before he goes looting. Katon will leave it up to Tamhas if he wants to take a look or if he wants to press on back to town.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

looking after Stahl, Tamhas nodded for the idea Katon just exposed

ok, we'll do as you say. Watch out to stand in footprints, so you wont erase them

OOC: sorry for the short post, i just think there is nothing else to add ;)

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Adjusting his Shield onto his back and ensuring his Sword is with easy reach Katon will sling his Spear over his shoulder and venture into the darkness.
The wind catches Katon and sends a shiver through him, reminding him that he is not fully dry, the wind sparks another thought.
‘The Shade said Beasts would come for the Corpses…….. thoes Wolves will still be about.’
Katon will walk into the darkness and as he does…… “The Wolves we dispatched will probably be the ones coming for the Corpses, I don’t fancy being out numbered again, keep your eyes open. We should move a bit quicker now aye?”

Katon will make his way into the darkness after passing onto Tamhas a rather chilling reminder.
Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

Katon made his way into the darkness walking quietly, with his eyes peeled and his ears open. For a while, he could hear and see nothing other than the howl of the wind. Between the gusts of wind, he could hear Arlith's swing swaying in the breeze. As he pressed on into the darkness, the trees began to part and he could see a light in the night, just close enough to be vsible to his keen elven eyes.
Group 26 Moderator

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Tamhas saw Katon wonder away into the woods, when he reminded the wolves. they must be near here.

a shiver run through Tamhas spine, maybe provoked by the chill wind, maybe provoked by the reminder of the wolves. He stand up to prepare the horses, so after Katon is ready with the round they could leave.

Tamhas will prepare the horses, watching for every sound, and for Stahl to be still alive.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Katon went and found the horses. ‘Only four here, guess Canantra took his and left us to die.’ Katon will take the horses back to Tamhas, after leaving them with him Katon will venture through the darkness back to where the recent skirmish had been fought.

Katon took a few moments to allow his eyes to adjust to the light. The moon shone down through the openings in the trees and cast a ghostly feel through the air. Katon could make out where there had been exchanges between their party and the Slaves, the earth turned over, newly disturbed by the shuffling of feet in battle. The wind blew cold yet silent, only the sound of the wind rushing past Katons ears provided any sound. With every heavy gust of wind the sound of creaking in the distance from the trees, the sound drew Katons sight to the view of a swinging corpse in the wind.
‘Must be Arlith… best cut him down, dyeing is shameful enough without being left swinging like a hung thief.’ Katon will cut the body down and have a check through it and take anything of use.
Looking to the sky and across to the direction the Slaves fled Katon will try to find some noticeable distant land mark or feature in case they return for the hunt. He will look for tracks leading off but he is unsure what to look for exactly, he will try and look for anything out of the ordinary. Something the Slaves might have drop or left that would link them to their camp.

‘Cant see much else, I’ll check that Slave I took out on the charge then best get back.’
Katon will search the slave he first killed, he won’t venture to find the other Slave he mutilated if he finds anything on the Slave he impaled then he will take it.

With the Dawn soon approaching Katon heads back to the horses, the strong cold wind seems to be pushing him away from the dead. The sight of the dead lying lifeless and cold Katon casts off any feelings of sorrow and walks back he does not look back, one due to him not wanting to see so few dead, and second that the wind is still chilling him as he is still slightly bloody from his slaughter.

Katon will head back to the horses and continue to pack up while Tamhas has an opportunity to search. Katon will bring anything he has found with him, and tell Tamhas of the direction he believes the Slaves have gone. Tamhas maybe better at distinguishing direction so Tamhas’s directions maybe of more value than Katon’s later on.
Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

Rifling through the slave's cold corpse, Katon finds a battered and nearly broken repeating crossbow and a spare clip. The slave's clothes are tattered to the point that they'd provide little to no protection against the cold, though his cloak seems to have once belonged to a dark rider. The dead animal's hard facial features and pale hair lead Katon to believe that this human had once lived in the Northernmost area of the human domains, called Kislev by those that live there.

With the morning sun beginning to rise, Katon looks over to where he saw the light earlier in the night, and can make out a series of hills in the distance, with a cave opening in his direction.

As Tamhas sits with Stahl, waiting for Katon to return with news, he stokes the fire and takes a minute to appreciate the sunrise. Forced to sit and wait with the unconscious noble, he had nowhere to go and nothing to do for the time being. It had been a long time since he'd had time to enjoy the wilderness, always in recent memory having been too busy with missions and worry about the future. Tamhas's course of action was simple for the moment: keep the noble alive, wait for Katon.

Stahl begins to stir, and whispers hoarsely, struggling to form words "Men, menlu, Iam, Iam tam. Iam khyrkan tam menlu."
Group 26 Moderator

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Katon headed back to Tamhas and the horses, he moved quickly towards them keeping his eyes open, the sun was now rising and it would be light soon. The hunters of the night would be retreating to their hiding places, only to be replaced with the scavengers of the morning. Katon moved quickly with his spear slung over one shoulder and his newly accrued though battered Cross Bow over the other.
Katon hadn’t had time to look at the condition of the Cross Bow, ‘probably one of the Nobles Riders Cross Bow’s, Slaves haven’t done it any favours caring for it in the short time they’ve had it’ thought Katon has he approached Tamhas and the Noble.

“Not much out there, found this Cross Bow, I’ll keep it for now, and even if I get a few shots out of it it’s better than nothing. I won’t hold any attachment too it though, looks worthless in its current state. Over in the distance there are a series of hills, think I saw some sort of rocky formation maybe caves, seems a logical place our enemy would hide.”

Katon will place the Cross Bow down near the fire.

“You’re welcome to go take a look then soon as you get back well mount up, well each share Stahl every few hours and change horses, we can ride one and pull the other along. We are a bit low on supplies, I’ve got the food pack from the start, but looks like Canantra took his with him. I’ll take our injured Noble first, you can use the lighter horse to gain some speed and check ahead for tracks or anything unusual. I’ll wait here unless you want to go now?”

Katon will sit next to Stahl and look over the Cross Bow. Katon as been briefly taught how to use one in the army so has some grasp of the mechanics, more so than the Slaves at any rate.

Katon will sit at the fire and wait while he looks over the Cross Bow, he will keep a watch for anything, he is still uneasy of the Slaves or Wolves coming back.

As soon as Tamhas is ready they can begin to move out.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Tamhas was watching at Stahls dream, unwilling to let him die by his wounds. he still have to pay us

As the time pass, Tamhas saw the beautiful landscape in the morning sun's light. Some noise in the way Katon had leaved brought Tamhas back from the contemplation, a noise of branches been broken under the footsteps of an elf. Katon appeared with a battered down crossbow, useful enough to make some shooting, but most certainly needed repairment.

After Katon spoke, Tamhas said I'll look around. When i come back, we'll go. I'll do as you say, i'll go ahead looking for trails of dangerous creatures.

Tamhas will go and look around for any trails leaved by the slaves (or elves) and any form of recognition. Also he'll leave a mark in a serie of trees, so when they return to the spot, they could get oriented.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

Stahl continued to stir as Tamhas got ready to go and find some human tracks. The young noble croaked out "Bring my pack here." before Tamhas left, and the shade complied. "Menlu, menlu." Groaned Stahl, pointing Tamhas to pass him his waterskin. Stahl drank from it thirstily before corking it again and using the pack to prop himself into a sitting position. Gritting his teeth, he examined his leg, struggling not to make his pain audible. "Fetch Edios, I'll not be able to do this myself.

Stahl went and brought the warrior back to the fire. Seeing them, he rasped "You, shade, flush the wound with water. Edios, clean your hands and then take the bolt out." Stahl groaned as he turned over and continued to root around in his pack. He pulled out another flask and a small bundle. Taking a heavy swig from the small flask, he unwrapped the bundle, revealing a needle, thread, and several strips of cloth. The other two elves became impromptu surgeons as they attempted to administer medical care in the middle of nowhere without proper tools.

A number of stifled screams, one crossbow bolt, some sewing bandaging later, the wound seemed to be closed, and young Tariq passed out again from the pain. He awoke an hour later, Tamhas having scouted the area in some detail.

"What's the state of the area, have you found the slaves?" "Sir, there's a cave about 500 meters away. Many humanoid tracks in and out." Stahl grumbled and winced, clearly still in a great deal of pain. "We wait until night, you will use your craft to sneak up near that cave and get more information. Until then, we hold out here, take up defensive positions. Edios, use my crossbow, I'm in no position to do so."
Group 26 Moderator

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Bring my pack here The first words from Stahl that Tamhas have heard in hours. Finally he was waking up, the tourniquette have worked. Tamhas was going to leave him to make his round before going to the city, but as Stahl waked, it seemed this wont happen.

Menlu, Menlu. The young lord was pointing at his waterskin. Tamhas pass him it, from which he drank thisrtily. After the order of fetching Katon, Tamhas returned with the warrior.

The surgery was as bloody as it could be, Tamhas kneeling at Stahl's side, flushing the wound with water now and then, so Katon could see where he was sticking the needle. The young lord almost did't screamed, but eventually he sucumbed to the pain and passed out. Katon, i don't think lord Stahl will want to go back to the city defeated. Let carry on, if he can defend himself. If the situation get's nasty, then we can flee to fight another day. Now, i'll look around with that, Tamhas went scouting the area.

After an hour, Stahl awoke again, asking for the state of the area. He seemed to be fine, as he said We wait until night, you will use your craft to sneak yp near that cave and get ingormation. Until then, we hold out here, take defensive position.

With a nod, Tamhas went to prepare the camp, leaving several yards away some dry branches in the direction where the cave is, so they would be warned if they come during the day. When he returned to the camp, he said: We should rest now, it's going to be a long night. I'll take the first watch so you can rest a while, Katon.

At nightfall, Tamhas will go to the cave, use his cloak and become one with the shadows, to gather infromation as Stahl wanted.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Katon cleaned his hands as ordered, the blood from the recent battle still stuck to his hands in places, the water and a little rubbing removed most of the blood.

Katon had seen small battle field surgery preformed but it was always routine and looked easy to the trained doctors. Following Stahl’s orders and applying some knowledge from the front line the bolt was on it’s way out accompanied by a number of stifled screams, then pop one crossbow bolt. After the bleeding had been controlled and some less than elegant sewing and bandaging later, the wound seemed to be closed and the Noble in a more comfortable state, though he had now since passed out from the pain.

An exchange of words between Katon and Tamhas reviled that they would be staying in the wilderness until the job was done.
“The city would be the best option, me and you could drop him off then come back and gain Intel on these Slaves. Stahl could join us days later when he is fitter, and perhaps with more men. I don’t fancy the odds of us two vs all those Slaves, combatants or not sheer numbers can always triumph over skill.”

Tamhas went off to scout and Katon stayed with Stahl. And hour past and Tamhas had since returned, just in time as the Noble regained some level of awareness.

Stahl demanded a situation update, Katon let Tamhas inform the Noble, his eyes would have been better and a more accurate description would follow over Katons ‘they are over there somewhere’ comment.

The order to stay and wait till cover of darkness was expected, Stahl obviously fancied his chances of survival in his wilderness, even in his injured state.

Katon heeded Tamhas’s advice and took some much needed rest. “Wake me when we need to swap shifts, don’t strain your self to stay awake. After you have rested we can formulate some sort of plan, Stahl can have some input too if he is awake.”

Katon will swap the Battered Cross Bow for Stahl’s, the Noble can use the battered one, should still fire and do damage but only in close proximity. Katon will rest next to the Noble so that he is not far should he need to defend him.
Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

OOC: "Bring my pack here The first words from Stahl that Tamhas have heard in hours." Actually, the first words Tamhas had heard from Stahl for several hours were "Men, menlu, Iam, Iam tam. Iam khyrkan tam menlu."

Anyway, here the

IC: The day wore on and on, with two sets of clothing unable to completely erase the wind's chill, Katon, Tamhas, and Stahl were more than happy for the warmth the fire provided. The highborn had wound some cloth around a stick and was clenching this between his teeth, hoping to find some relief against the pain in his leg. He slipped in and out of sleep throughout the day. Pine needles swirled in little pockets as the winds met. A break for rations helped somewhat in diffusing the boredom. Even alert against possible danger, a body can only stay focused for so long. Their elven minds were a great deal faster than that of humans, but for once this worked against them, as they locked on to each little thread of distraction.

In a waking moment, Stahl began to speak to Katon, with Tamhas asleep, gaining much needed rest for his coming exertion "I'd have us go back to the city, I really would, but the longer it takes us to find my father, the more likely we are to find him dead. Did you see how emaciated those slaves were? Do you think them likely to feed their prisoner better than themselves? Not to mention that there are always consequences for failure. With its lord dead, the house might easily fall to the treachery of its enemies. My brothers, all higher than myself in the line of succession, would likely be too busy trying to kill their siblings to handle the situation. And if we find my father dead, do you think we could easily survive the backlash at being linked to his death?"

Dusk began to arrive as the pair moved away from such serious and depressing topics. Stahl at last decided that Tamhas should be awakened and commanded Katon to see to it.

Tamhas woke up with a start but was eager to get going. No words needed to be exchanged. The night was finally complete, and the shade ate a few bites of trail mix before heading into the night. His dark cloak broke up his humanoid form, and with Stahl's knowledge of fieldcraft made him all but inaudible to any of the monkeys that might be listening for him. He moved closer and closer to the hill. At 200 meters away, a twig snapped loudly under his foot, the sound deafening to him in the silence, and he froze still. Oddly, the light which had been present the night before was no longer there. After several minutes, he approached closer and closer. The hill, a great deal bigger than he had originally thought, loomed higher and higher as he approached, and yet he still could hear nothing from within the cave, he saw no light. The moon was high and clear, and Tamhas could see almost clearly, yet as he moved closer and closer to the cave, it seemed empty. All around him, sets of tracks moved off in different directions.

The young shade moved into the cave, gaining confidence, perhaps his enemies had run off? At its opening, the cave was fairly narrow, about five feet across and similarly high, but a few meters in, it opened into a large chamber. He could see the very faint embers of a fire abandoned for several hours. Suddenly, he heared a noise, like a gagged person.
Group 26 Moderator

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

After arriving to the cave, with several incovinients that Tamhas should been able to forsee, but he didn't, he spied into the cave.

The cave wasn't that big, seen from outside, but after getting into the cave he could notice that that part was only the entrance. A big chamber was uncovered.

Tamhas moved silently, every few minutes, so his presence wont be notice, although there was the embers of a fire abandoned several hours ago. Adding this to all the tracks he saw in the entrance of the cave, Tamhas was almost sure that he was alone.

Suddenly he heard a noise, like a gagged person. He would move along, so he could see who this was. He can't take too much time, as the slaves could return, but he needed to see what made that noise.

Tamhas will get further into the cave, as hidden and silently as he can, to see what is making that noise, then he'll return to the camp, and inform what he have seen

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

After his rest Tamahs took his turn. Katon kept his eyes open, feeling the chill more now than when he was asleep. He poked the fire to stir the embers and ignite the fire some more. He sound of the crackling fire woke Stahl. Stahl spoke to Katon detailed why they were to stay out in the forest and not head back.
Katon was a fighter and a solider, not one for politics. “Druchii Houses come and go, the Siblings and Family from each always fight it out.” Katon picks up his Spear and holds it to the evening sky. “One of these always does the trick, put your Siblings head on one of these……. Gets you a fearsome reputation and the Family House. No down side.”
Katon smiles to Stahl. “Perhaps when we find your Farther we can eliminate any possible contention for the House? Saving your Farther will be a bonus too you, and having less to choice from for succession could also be favourable, aye?”
Katon pokes the fire with the head of his Spear. “Worse case we do find your farther and he’s not up to running the family your Brothers get the blame first, your last in line, why would you kill someone that grants you no benefit? Well get him back anyway, then we’ll talk money, all I’ve been thinking about the last few days in good food and even better company.”

Stahl ordered Katon to wake Tamhas so he did. And without any exchange of words Tamhas crept into the dim light of the evening sun. as Tamhas disappeared out of site Katon became instantly restless. “He best not kill them all, Ive had a good run so far, this I was made for this kind of work.” Katon smiled as he got up and paced around somewhat and checked his equipment.

Katon will wait with Stahl at the camp while Tamhas does what he does best.
Dhar'neth
Shade

Post by Dhar'neth »

"Ah, lowborn, houses go, but they do not rise so easily. House Tariq holds an honoured position at court because in recent generations, we've been able to avoid being seen as political creatures. Lord Tariq is an advisor to the Drachau, but he has never used his influence to try and rise further. The mansion is comfortable, but it could be a great deal more ostentatious. Our house is one of the wealthiest in the city, and yet few know, because we're careful. The real issue is the my eldest brother is officially the heir, but he is, for lack of better phrasing, completely unsuited for the task. Would you believe that on his Hakseer, he took a human to bed? Anyway, we'll find a way to deal with the situation should it arise."

"Where'd you come from anyway lowborn? I doubt you were born in the city of mercenaries."

Tamhas felt his way around the cave, moving towards the source of the noise. He found someone against the wall, bound and gagged. He pulled out a small knife, carefully feeling the elf's face, and cut the gag.

"They are gone, they fled last night. Who are you?"
Group 26 Moderator