SAU XVI: Silent Waters Run Deep

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"Tick tock, ladies and getlemen, tick tock" Draknir remarks, breaking his silence. He has poured himself a generous goblet of absinthe, preferring not to eat anything.

"Kefka, you seem slightly... overenthusiastic. What are those weapons really for?"

Sipping the dark verdigris-coloured liquid, Draknir eyes the heavily armoured councillor.

"Three more-or-less innocent Druchii are gone and sorely missed, and one culprit has been caught. You're optimistic about the situation. Overly so. Your guess about the number of assassins feels out of place. I suspect it was a deliberate fib you were telling, to confuse us with a false estimate. I think that you know exactly how many assassins there are really remaining.

I may seem way too straightforward, but this is how I reckon the situation to be. This is of course mere speculation. I have no hard facts to support my theory, but neither has any of you. I think now is a good time to act. I will cast my vote, and my vote will be on Kefka. As simple as that."

Vote: Kefka
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

“We know only one thing about this traitor or traitors – that at least one is left and no more than four. Otherwise surely we would all have been murdered in our beds or the like.”

Zenobia was toying with a dagger taken from a dead Asur captain, the blade twisting between her fingers with easy grace. Otherwise she had no obvious weapons on her person, only the light plate armour that she always seemed to wear over her robes.

“Anyway, the precise number doesn’t really matter, only that we can’t afford to keep up a three to one loss rate. We need to consider that any of us could be an assassin, whether they’ve been accused or not.”

Her gaze rested for a moment on Nilia before it moved on.

“This may sound like I am merely reacting to the thinly-veiled attack on myself, Cathel and Fenthic. However, I view this as an equally thinly-veiled attempt to waste this council’s time by diverting attention from others in our midst. Having no accusers does not make you any more likely to be the leader of these assassins, but suggesting that the council waste its time by going on a theory that one of its members tugged out of thin air is suspicious to my mind.”

The dagger disappeared somewhere into a pocket, replaced momentarily by an Imperial spyglass before Zenobia simply settled for fidgeting.

“Nilia said that the obvious answer is to kill a particular enemy. She then went on to dissect that possibility, but did not consider the other obvious choice. That the assassins might attempt to frame another by slaying another person’s enemy. Of course, that does not appear to have been the case either. You also seem to presume that an assassin could not move past such an obvious double bluff to a more careful plan of deception, or that Tarbo’s murder was not just a target of opportunity. If so, his murder might tell us nothing about the murderer. That brings us back to the present and our words.”

The Corsair seemed to be nearing the end of her statement.

“Thus while all of us should be under suspicion, I believe that Nilia is the most suspicious of us at the moment. I therefore place my vote accordingly.”

Vote: Drainial
Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

"I, in fact, still have good eyes, thank you very much. This glass one is merely, say, a souvenir. It's one of the things I keep handy."

"Now, Belial. I know that you have given your reasons for what you have done, but a thousand reasons do not constitute a single excuse. And you need three to refute all of my points.

"The second being that I believe you voted for Kyler (sassmaw) in order to save your own hide by intimidating him. Hardly needed saving at that time, I think, but as good a moment to start intimidating. And look how timidly Kefka dares to approach you now. You say you would have voted for Kyler even if he hadn't voted for you? I say your hardly veiled attempt at attacking me supports my point.

"The third is shared by you and Nilia (Drainial). I had thought it was the most straightforward and actually the most incriminating, if it hadn't be done by three people: Belial, Drainial, and Draknir. Face it, dusk hadn't even set in and you were worrying about night already? Don't get me wrong, I support the fact that someone got voted off; it is our only weapon. And I doubly support the fact that it was Tezla (zzug), that's no secret I hope. But --as in a good joke-- timing is important. And I am not laughing. You rushed the vote way before the end of the meeting, in fact just before the allegiance of Link was to be revealed. Coincidence? You tell me.

"You can call me incoherent and lying anytime, Belial, but get your facts straight before doing so. Say I have flimsy arguments? I'll be damned before I refuse to use every single edge this council has, however flimsy you might call it. We do not have the luxury of hard facts, only degrees of flimsiness.

"And if you have trouble telling when the deadline is approaching, it is about when I start pulling out my hair because no consensus has been reached.

Telrunya recomposed himself. Slurping from his coffee, he notices his hands are still not shaking. Need more. "I have stated most of my points. Agree or disagree as you feel is appropriate, but please share your thoughts. Who is guilty, who is innocent. We're not getting anywhere with a mere stare down."
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"I must admit, []Telrunya[/b], that I am extremely hard pressed at understanding what you want from me. You say you want an excuse, not an explanation - enlighten me, what can I possibly do more than account for my actions. You were the one that asked me to explain myself.

Besides, I think you're bending words again. I gave my reasons why I cast suspicion on you, and they were all rooted in what you said - not because you were babbling, as was the case with Kyler, but because it seems to me you are trying to construct an argument against both [b]Nilial and I, without realing making one.

If you have any questions or allegations taht I can actually answer, without repeating myself a third time, I am happy to do so. But bluntly repeating the same questions over and over again seems more like an attempt at forcing an incoherent argument through rethorics, than because you really have something to go on.

I will say this, though; we could both be very wrong about eachother, and the traitors could be laughing their arses off right now. Speak up, silent ones. If you add nothing to the discussion, then we might be forced to put our attention towards you."
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Kefka Eyed Draknir. He had remained silent in order to hear what others had to say. He didn't want to jump the gun again, but time was running out.
"I suppose you didn't hear the sarcasm in my voice, Draknir. I am not at all happy with the situation, so long as there is a knife being held over my back and I don't know who wields it. Zenobia basically said what I was thinking, there may only be one traitor, or there could be four. Maybe you are all traitors and I am the only innocent one, but I highly doubt that with the way we are all at eat others throats. This is very treacherous, and any word any of us say could wind up being our doom. However, we are also pressed for time and vote should begin if we want to get anywhere. So, Drakinir, good for you, casting the first vote. I hold nothing against you, even though it be me. You said yourself, you have no hard evidence, so it feels like your vote was maybe rushed out. I would go for someone with some more harsh evidence or suspicion on them."
At those words Kefka panned his eyes across to Belial, who remained stalwart in his defense, and Kefka could not hold anything against the man, but he didn't trust him, or anyone here.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"My dear Zenobia I am hard pressed to imagine where else a theory can come from other than from 'thin air' as you put it. Our facts are almost nonexistent, only the record of our votes and the fact of who has been murdered. I see that you yourself have not presented any theory at all.

“I say you may be suspect, more so in my view than some others, and you say that I attempt to waste time. Waste time by examining all possible suspects? Waste time by considering your guilt? We have no reason to think that you are innocent.

“If you have an idea, any theory that may lead to Tarbo's assassin I am all ears, I have no desire to cling to my own reasoning in the face of a better argument. So far though you seem to simply be reacting to a threat with one of your own.

"Of course I could be mistaken, please correct me if you do have a theory besides 'people who attack me are traitors'."
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

"Zenobia, pray tell, when did I attack you?"
Cathel adjusted his sword, being without a weapon was never a good idea aboard a Druchii craft. Still he was irritated by the idea to bring more than a single blade.
"But nevermind, time is running out and I for myself find it interesting that Nilia (Drainial) followed the votes made by Belial shortly thereafter and both were eager to see someone off. The one with which they succeeded proved innocent.
"So we might either test their first vote by voting for Malberoth and see if he is an assassin or choose either of the two.
"Since Nilia (Drainial) is eager to vote for someone without examining suspects I agree with her and
Vote Nilia (Drainial)"
Cathel nodded to Mala, to make sure his vote was counted and then looked at Nilia for a reaction.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

As the Dragonship Stalwart sails over waves, captain Promayn gazes absently at the horizon. He has grown accustomed to the vast space and the fickle nature of the sea.
Much like battles on land, conflict at sea has its own issues and even though everything is decided on a flat space, it's not as easy as just lining up and blasting away at each other. Experience and knowledge on using the winds are key factors in winning naval battles.

Promayn is no novice and the Stalwart is a formidable opponent to any vessel roaming the seas. Still, a Black Ark did not get its nightmarish reputation just by looking pretty and the presence of the Skysong was arguably one of the best ways to ruin anyone's day.

“You look worried, sir,” Nathian says.
“I'm fine, Lieutenant. I'm fine.”
“Sir, I haven't asked you this before, but I must know: why did you insist on patrolling this route? A Dragonship is hardly required for this kind of task.”

Promayn sighs. He expected that question a lot earlier.
“Call it a hunch.”

“... Right, of course, sir.” The Troll is probably giving him a hard time again.

“I'll be in my cabin. You have the bridge, Lieutenant.”

°°°

Mala quietly jots down the first votes to tumble over the lips of the officers cooped up in the mess hall. The tension is almost tangible and this discussion could go any way still.
With a quick glance, she notices time is slowly marching on but the officers know that just as well; some even mentioned this out loud. And still she has the unenviable duty to point it out anyway.

“Ah, it won't be long before you will have to return to your duties so if you want to decide on a name, you should, ah, not take to long?” she announces hesitantly.

°°°

Votes:

Kefka:
  1. Draknir
Drainial:
  1. LordAnubis
  2. Cathel

The following player has failed to post during Day and is removed from the game.

1. Malberoth Grieftide

He will be replaced by mostlyharmless who will assume the character and abilities if any.

It is now Dusk. Any player getting a majority behind his name will be removed instantly.
With 10 players, a majority is reached at 6 votes.

Dusk will last until Saturday 20h00 GMT.
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

"Ah, I see night has fallen, Well, I'll be getting to my duties soon" fenthick announces.

"However, as many of you have previously mentioned, voting is all we can do to solve this dilemma, and so I will continue my vote from our previous meeting, and vote Beial"
Vote: Beial

"Discussing my reasons seems a little pointless listening to the rest of you, But alas, that looks badly on me, although perhaps just as bad as my reasons may also look".

"Beial, you seem to be too quick to shift blame around, and I get a bad feeling from you, a feeling i have come to rely on. Needless to say, your still a safe man untill others have a reason to vote you off, so no need to take my dislike for you personally" Fenthick has a short chuckle to himself and relaxes back in his chair.
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Sassmaw
Cold One Knight

Post by Sassmaw »

"Hmm it seems that night is aproching" Kyler looked around the table.
"I do not think think that any reason of mine to vote will settle well within this group. As i have done from the begining I will go on a hunch for my vote. I also will Vote Belial As he seems to be out for blood and has seemed this way from the begining. I am going withm my gut on his one. Its saved me from many a disaster."
Kyler sat back and waited for the arguments bound to come his way.
Never underestimate the power of sheer bloody minded spite.
"I’m not going to fight them, you fool. I’m going to kill them.”
-Malus Darkblade

"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."
- Malekith, The Witch King of Naggaroth
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

"Well Belial, I have seen little argument from you other then trying to defend yourself from other accusations. I figure it is slowing this council down. I HOPE this means you are a traitor, because I cast my vote for you. If you are innocent, then this was a waste of time and effort and you should have thrown yourself off the boat in the beginning to save us time."

Vote: Belial

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"Oh please, Kefka. What else could I have done today, when I was attacked from the beginning? And besides, I did take my time to do a little arguing of my own, if you remember. What do you want from me?

So it seems three for me, two for Nilial, and one for Kefka. While I still think we should look to Telrunya, it is obvious that theory isn't really flying with you people. So now it comes down to two things, really. Consensus and self-preservation. This is not easy for me, and I have no doubt it might attract even further ire from some of you, but I have to jump on the bandwagon at this point.

But this is my reasoning, before any of you ask. My suspicion does lay mainly with Telrunya, but since our dear physician has been mostly on Nilial's case today, I think it will also serve testing my theory about him. If it turns out Telrunya was right, then that exhonerates him, I think. If Nilial turns out to be innocent, well, then I think that should somewhat support my case against Telrunya. And you know what doc? I really hope Nilial turns out to be traitor."

Vote: Nilial(Drainial)
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

"It is not just you, Belial, that sheds suspicion on yourself, but two others here who I do not trust. Zenobia and Cathel have sided with you, on every argument. Other then a confusing statement a few moments ago by Zenobia, all three of you have been on the same side from the beginning. I even remember a few of Cathels and Zenobias first words were just saying how they agreed with you. Zenobia even defended you, Belial, when Kyler first pointed a finger at you. Yet he did little to defend Malberoth when he got the first votes. Both Zenobia and Belial voted for Malberoth when things looked grim for him, and Cathel said nothing at that time. Then when the balance shifted, and Tezla was facing judgment, both their votes switched AND Cathel finally added his voice, condemning Tezla. You three have been too coordinated from the beginning, and it all seems to be led by you Belial." Kefka now stood out of his chair, his voiced raised for all to hear him, perhaps even others outside of the room.
"I think you are the ring leader of all this, and I aim to take you out now! So far we have only been pointing our fingers at individuals, but no, I think I see the whole team in front of us. I hope my accusations make an enemy of you three, it will only make my statement stronger. If you three are innocent, then none of you have anything to fear of this. If not, then you better start shaking in your boots. Let Khaine sort you three out!"

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

And I thought you showed some sense, Nilia thought pondering Belial's last comments as the room filled with red light, the setting sun beautiful through one large window.

"It is tempting, Belial to throw my vote against you, just as you have against me, in the name of self preservation. However I am not going to do that, because although I think that you are running scared and letting fear get the best of your judgement I do not think that you are a traitor. Or at least you seem less likely than others at the moment.

"Cathal, I would just like to point out that I am in no way eager to execute someone without examining all suspects, indeed that is precisely what I was advocating when I levelled accusations at you, Zenobia and Fenthic, and I think that in some measure I was successful. All three of you have been considerably more vocal and opinionated today than yesterday, this helps the rest of us to decide where we think your loyalties lie.

"In fact, though I doubt I will win much support for this argument today, you have made me all the more suspicious. You twist or simply ignore what I have said and make sure that you only voted for me once my name had already been put forward, in time not to look bloodthirsty in finishing of a wounded beast, but not standing out as an accuser.

"So I have a choice, I can claim the decisiveness argument and vote for Belial, but it would be a thinly veiled grab for security and I have no doubt that everyone would see that, just as they can with Belial's. Or I can vote for the one I actually suspect the most, in the full knowledge that it will probably do no good. I hate to split the vote still further, possibly meaning no one gets voted off at all today, but I have to put my money where my mouth is.

Vote Cathal
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Sleekdd
Highborn

Post by Sleekdd »

Mala quickly scratches the votes down. She was almost sorry to mention the pending deadline since it seems to have sparked a vicious war of words and votes.

°°°

Votes:

Kefka:
  1. Draknir
Drainial:
  1. LordAnubis
  2. Cathel
  3. Belial
Belial
  1. Mr_PieChee
  2. sassmaw
  3. Kefka
Cathel:
  1. Drainial

It is Dusk. Any player getting a majority behind his name will be removed instantly.
With 10 players, a majority is reached at 6 votes.

Dusk will last until Saturday 20h00 GMT.
Great minds think alike.
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

Zenobia threw a level stare across the table at Kefka.

"I defended Belial because, at the time, Malberoth was trying to attack one of the few people to keep this council moving for no apparent reason. At that time, it appeared that Malberoth might be guilty. He still might be. Further I did not shift my vote to Tezla just like you, so kindly check your facts before throwing unfounded accusations about."
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

"And you should check your facts as well. Malberoth didn't attack anyone but myself and Tezla. He didn't even cast a vote. I think you have been getting names mixed up. And you still have not corrected yourself on blaming Cathel when he has never said a word against you."
Kefka then took a deep sigh. "Okay, I made a mistake, you didn't change your vote. Fair enough, my bad. But the rest of my argument stays true. Your neck is not on the chopping block...yet."

Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

((I shall be taking the role of Melboroth Grieftide for the remainder of the game. He shall be known as . . . ))

Delcoroth The Bloodreaver scanned his fellow officers with a single baleful eye, his other eye fashioned from ruby. He had lost it in battle against the Lothern Sea Guard. As the Master of Sails, he was responsible for ensuring that each new generation of officers was prepared to take on the rigors and responsibilities of command. He was old, as old as the winds, some said, his stark white hair tied in a corsair's topknot. Many of those at this table had been under his tutelage. It shamed him to think that some of his own students had betrayed him in this fashion.

He had been keeping his peace for quite some time, until he finally spoke., his voice like steel against a grinding stone.

"Very astute, Zenobia. You were always a sharp one. And tell me, how would you determine the betrayer? Were I the betrayer, I would attempt to split the votes, ensure that nothing was accomplished at each council. There are two who are behaving in such a manner: Nillia and Draknir. This tells us that one of them is the betrayer."

"Upon examining the pattern of the votes, I cast my vote for Nillia (Drainial)."

VOTE: Drainial
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

This time the Corsair's look was vaguely quizzical.

"I did not attack Cathel - I was including him in the group under attack by Nilia. I do not believe that was an attack. As to Malberoth, I admit I might have made a mistake there. But, at this point, what I said or did then is not something I can change, so I see little point in apologising for it."

She sat back in her chair, her hands folded together briefly before resuming their constant fidgeting.

"But I still stand by my vote for Nilia, although it seems that we will not reach consensus today."
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Nilia looked faintly puzzled at Delcorath's accusations
"So, I am now to be condemned for being too blood thirsty and for obstructing the council simultaneously; a strange state of affairs indeed. I voted for Tezla because yesterday I had no particular suspicions of anyone over anyone else, today I do and so I will not help to condemn someone I believe is probably innocent. I am not sure how you can equate my calls for decisiveness, which have caused several votes to be cast for me, with a desire to promote atrophy."

Gentleman of Moderation
Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

"It seems that everyone --except the traitors themselves-- are looking for the traitors in a different manner. My take on it is as follows: if there is only one thing they have to fear --and that is being voted out-- then that is what they will avoid at all costs. I believe what Nilia (Drainial) says: the traitors took out Tarbo because they reckoned him to be a threat later. Long term planning, long term safety.

"I have already stated who I suspect most: Belial and Nilia. But let me also state who I suspect least.

"Let's start with Kefka. If Kefka were a traitor then he would probably not have attacked Belial first thing this morning. Would he take Tarbo out under the cover of night, and then attack a Belial in broad daylight? The same Belial who has already shown the day before to attack you if you place a vote against him? I don't believe this.

"Then there's Draknir. Draknir, I also believe to be innocent. His attempts to start the council and his frustration due to a lack of evidence on the first day make him appear innocent in my eyes.

"And lastly, Kyler (sassmaw). Tarbo already gave us reasons the trust Kyler on the first day, and additionally I do not believe Kyler would have taken out Tarbo at night.

"Belial and Drainial are my main suspects for reasons I have mentioned earlier: I believe both of them are foremostly concerned with their own safety instead of progressing the council. Exactly what I would expect a traitor to do.

"Now, as Belial noticed, it is easy to be caught doing naught but defending if you are under attack. But screaming, kicking, and scratching like a kitten afraid to take a bath -- that takes a different breed altogether. And it is what you are doing, Belial. You hiss at the first hint of trouble, wildly clawing about you just to make sure no-one would summon the gall to stand up to you.

"And that's the real reason Tarbo's dead, isn't it? While you were busy intimidating councilors with a punch and a backswing, he trodded straight past you and basically told you to knock it off. And that just would not do.

"You couldn't talk him down, so you had to put him down."

Vote: Belial
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

"Careful Telrunya, remember, defending people is what got me in a heap of trouble yesterday. Though I agree with what you say on Draknir, he did want to get things done yesterday. Though now that we have better evidence today and stronger arguments, I must ask him why his vote still lays with me." He looked to Draknir, no offended, but puzzled at his lack of action. "Between you and Drainial, you have the power to end today. We are in a stalemate. Not to pressure you, but it may be wise to pick a side... and soon."
He then turned to Drainial. "There is much vote and suspicion on you, and this includes me. However, I have stated my top three suspects and how I have seen them work together, and today will reveal much depending in if you or Drainial get voted off. I understand your resolute position, and I agree that Cathel is a prime suspect,but let us work together on this. If Belial is voted off today, and proved treacherous, I will be by your side tomorrow to help you against Cathel. For your own safety, I would swing the vote if I were you,you may not have much time left."

Sleekdd
Highborn

Post by Sleekdd »

Mala skips her eyes left and right. Votes are cast, opinions are voiced but somehow, the council doesn't reach a clear decision. Sure, they would reach one if more time was handed out but they were needed elsewhere on the ship.

“Ah, I'm afraid we're out of time,” the young sorceress yelps.

Some among you want to demand a few more minutes while others are eager to leave the mess to have a break from being among the prowling wolves – and being one yourself. It's one thing to hunt the usual prey; it's the natural order of things and sometimes a thing of beauty. But hunting your own kind? Things get vicious quickly and it is never entirely certain who is the prey and who is the hunter.

As you turn to your duties, you can't help but wonder. Who will not be here with you next time? Or is that not going to be the worst problem you'll face?

°°°

Night has arrived. The following votes have been cast:

Votes:

Kefka:
  1. Draknir
Drainial:
  1. LordAnubis
  2. Cathel
  3. Belial
  4. mostlyharmless
Belial
  1. Mr_PieChee
  2. sassmaw
  3. Kefka
  4. Telrunya
Cathel:
  1. Drainial

Night will last until Monday 20h00 GMT. Those players with night-time abilities may PM me.
Great minds think alike.
Sleekdd
Highborn

Post by Sleekdd »

It is late at night but still some, if not most, of the officers could not catch sleep. Knowing that somewhere out there an assassin lurks, hell-bent on ending your perfectly legitimate career, is sure to put a damper on anyone's peace of mind.

So too with Kefka Tempest. But it isn't all bad, he can still read his book if sleep won't come to him. That is, if his assistant would finally bring him the new candles he has called for. The dim flicker of the dying candles aren't nearly enough to do some reading without tiring the eyes, and as a scout his eyes are his core business.

Impatiently, Kefka paces about in the room, working himself up on the tardiness of his assistant. He is getting positively annoyed until a knock on the door announces the long-awaited delivery.

“Finally,” Kefka snaps. “You sure took long enough.”

“Apologies, master,” the elf humbly bow while he hurries to replace the pitiful excuses for candles with fresh new ones.
“Just hurry up, would you.”

One by one, the candles are replaced and lit. When the last one lights up, it doesn't just burn, it sparks, sending tinsels around that bounce on the floor before dying out.

“Hey, that's a strange candle,” Kefka notices. “What is it?”
The assistant levels the candle, reading thick black letters on the red wax. “Dee-nah-mee-té.”
Kefka shrugs. Must be Tylean.

“I'll remove it at once, master,” the assistant offers.
“Leave it. And get out of here. I don't want to be disturbed.”

The elf leaves the room hurriedly, taking along his plate with leftover candles. As he closes the doors, he eyes the two guards posted there.

“Bad mood?” one of the guards asks.
“I think he was on the brink of exploding in a tantrum.”
“Nah, it may look like that but he really has a good grip on his nerves. He has to; if he sets up an ambush, he has to be able to keep still for hours, waiting for the prey to wander into that patch of forest or scrub of rocks, thinking it is safe and then … BAM!”

°°°

“How many, soldier?”
The guard opens his eyes and finds his sergeant waving a dizzying amount of fingers in front of him. “Thirteen?”

On the scene, elves are running to and fro. Some carry buckets, others dig through rubble and debris. Two of them are trying to lift the heavy door so others can drag a seriously crumpled assistant from under it.

“What happened?”
“They decided to play this one a little less subtle,” the sergeant answers.

°°°

As you file back into the mess, you find another chair empty. It doesn't surprise you a lot; almost the entire ship heard the blast.
But it is also at times like these that you realize that you are on board a ship with a reputable crew. It took mere seconds for help to get on site and clean-up to begin. Not much longer the victim was identified as Kefka Tempest, leader of the scouting party.

And last, but certainly not least, the cook had taken into consideration the blast happened in the dead of night. He has kindly provided the officers with a big, shiny pot of hot, black coffee.

And so, you begin anew, searching for those responsible for thinning out your esteemed class of elves.

°°°

It is now Day. You can post and vote at will.
With 9 players, a majority is reached at 5 votes. No execution will take place before Dusk regardless of majorities.

Day will last until Thursday, 20h00 GMT. After that, Dusk will set in.

Players:
  1. Telrunya
  2. Drainial
  3. mostlyharmless
  4. Draknir
  5. sassmaw
  6. Cathel
  7. Mr_PieChee
  8. Belial
  9. LordAnubis
Casualties:
  1. Linkinhearts 666 - assassin (inactivity)
  2. Deroth - innocent (inactivity)
  3. zzug - innocent (executed on Day1)
  4. Tarbo – innocent (killed on Night 1)
  5. Kefka – innocent (killed on Night 2)
Great minds think alike.
Sassmaw
Cold One Knight

Post by Sassmaw »

Kyler looks around the table. Any one of these people could be an assasin He took a sip at his coffee wincine at the bitter taste,
" As all of you now know, The assasins were now able to kill Kefka. This is a blow to this council as those innocinte have lost one of our own. This I belive, is a turing point. A mistake in the assasins gameplan so to speak. Who is it that kefka was hell bent on voteing off? Who was it that has been out for blood from the begining on our first day of council? There is but one elf responsible. Belial, you are now my main suspect for an assasin. You have been at the forefront of a samll group of individuals but i belive if we cut the head off the snake will be much easier to kill. Many of you have voted for others in the past day but i ask that you see the reasoning behind my arguments and help me find Belial as an assasin."

He turns to Mala

" My vote is Belial. Others may not like my vote so early in the day but i belive with all my being that he is an assasin."
Never underestimate the power of sheer bloody minded spite.
"I’m not going to fight them, you fool. I’m going to kill them.”
-Malus Darkblade

"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."
- Malekith, The Witch King of Naggaroth