Group 27

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

If you think that we can get help, it will certainly make our job easier if it comes to a face to face confrontation. On the other hand we can possible more easily get aboard without being seen, and finish off the unsuspecting guards on board if we are alone.

Seeing as there are so many of the crew round here, they may be our biggest problem if they once realise that something is happening on board.Perhaps if we can get help, then the most useful thing that can be done might be to create a dramatic diversion on land, so that we can slip board unnoticed.

Also if the anchor can be lifted, it would be easier to carry out our work a little out of the harbour, out of reach of the shore crew.If we could unobtrusively lower a boat over the side attached to the ship, it would give us an escape route once we have done our worst.

Personally I would love to try my crossbow skills out on the guard in the crows nest, but we may be able to deal sudden and silent death out to a number of the guard before I have to do that.

I think that if there is a good enough diversion, we may be able to climb aboard unseen with my grapple hook and rope
Acrila

Shade

Skill. basic stealth

WS5 S4 T4 D4 I3

Weapons. Light armour dagger short sword(Shadow dancer) crossbow
rope and grapple. paralyzing poison pick locks 20 caltrops. 10 meters of wire . ignition concoction( three uses) smoke bomb 3 cilps of bolts

463 gold
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

The temple was cold, but it was not of lack of heat that the filling chilled Ulric as he walked by, watching the magnificence of the brides training, or the executioners practicing. The light from candles were reflected in the bleached bone paintings of the structure, just to show the blood red banners in every wall.

Winrif passed by a red gaze warrior, who stared furiously at Ulric. He didn't shrink at all, as he knew well that showing fear in such a place was as bad as swimming wounded in a sea of sharks.

The stairway to the lower levels was dark, and Winrif took a torch. There is an order of of the temple that is less none then most. If you are willing you will learn much from us. But you will no longer answer to Shadowfang, you will answer to the temple and me. You will still serve Uriverna, but we will come first Ulric knew that the way he was living was almost over, as he will have to be on missions for now on, instead of deciding his own actions. He didn't like this much, but his goal is to seek the most important rank there is for a male in the Temple.

As you'd say, sister. I'll go with you, and learn from you. The temple goes above all, even my own life.

Ulric will continue following Winrif.
"If you're going to leave anyone alive, enslave it!"

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Winrif lay a cold hand on his cheek, and smiled devilishly. Yes the temple is above all else, may Khaines name be worshiped with blood. She beckoned him to follow deeper into the dark catacombs, so thick with shadows that not even his elven eyes could pierce it. The stench of blood was heavy in the air, a thick metallic tang, that stuck to the back of the throat. The witches footfalls were soft on the hard stone floor, and he heard her humming a nonsensical tune as they went. They were now in a corridor, or so he thought, and on turning saw fire burning bright and harsh.

He was deep below the earth of the temple, and a circular chamber lay ahead. A Great cauldron of blood stood in the centre, a statue of Khaine standing over it, a ever pouring chalice of blood in one hand, a dripping dagger in the other. Ulric couldn't look upon its face, but felt the wrath that came from it. five other maidens of Khaine stood in the chamber, in full dress for battle, along with five men, similarly dress, but with thicker armour and broader swords. Winrif joined them before the statue, and addressed him. We are members of the Pure Chalice, who keep the temple clean and focused on their duty to serve Khaine. They all mummered a prayer as she spoke their gods name. If you join us you will be submitted to tests to see if your belief if tainted by other powers, and if not you will be inducted further into our ranks and learn our ways, as well as performing your new duties to the temple. So young brother Ulric, do you still seek to join us, why do you wish to join us, what will you ask of us?

Wao looked at Korhedron, and turned away, follow my lead city fool, she sneered before barking orders for the scouts to form a long two deep line, as they headed into the woods. Korhedron caught up and followed. Katon had the supply train brought close together, and separated Buro and Eritans men, one behind the wagons, the other to the front. Eritan took the front and Katon joined him, as the spears formed a defense around the wagons, ready to head off once the scouts had returned.

Dia listened to Acrilas ideas, and finished off his ale, standing. Well lets go have a look at this ship shall we, I'll give the word, for the other to be ready with a distraction later when we are ready. The two shades headed out, blending into the crowds like shadows. They drew closer to the ship, easily sneaking past the guards placed at the end of the walkway leading to it. They dared not go any closer, for fear of being spied by the thorn on deck. The anchor hole in the side, looked large enough for them to squeeze through, and there were a few other places they could sneak through to enter the ship, Acrila quickly memorised these. Dia whispered to her, shall we carry on or find those who will provide the distraction later?

The woods were silent, as the scouted among the trees. They had found a well used track that ran through it, though it hadn't been used in many months, grass growing over it in patches. Wao paused and stepping down examined some dung by the path. Beastmen, three days fresh I reckon, shall we press forward or return with what we have found, oh wise and noble leader?
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

"Can the sarcasm, Wao", Korhedron snapped. "The more we co-operate the better for the unit. How old is the spoor and do we know how many? If not, we go on - they may only be a few miserable Ungor, or they could be more. Still, Lord Azuini would not appreciate being held up for a few skirmishing raiders. We continue to find evidence of numbers and possibly the encampment, but at the very least their actual no." Korhedron thought quickly. "How would you normally proceed? Do we stay mounted? Either way, I think we need a couple of scouts ahead of the main group. I'll take one of your men and go ahead. Pick your best tracker and he can accompany me."

Korhedron knows there could be more than just a small group of Beastmen in the forest and is concerned about being ambushed. He is annoyed at Wao's insubordination and wants to shut her up. Thinking the best way is to lead by example, so he will accompany the scout she selects.
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Ulric descended behind Winrif. The darkness covered them, and not even his keen elven eyes could see. At the bottom of the way a light came to indicate that they've reached the last step through a corridor. When they turned toward it, he was momentarily blinded.

The brightness of the flames covered every single wall of the long chamber, where a huge couldron of blood was resting. Above it, a dripping blood statue, it's face emanating wrath, which Ulric couldn't see for long. Several witches and excecutioners were there.

Here i am in a no return point. If i reject now whatever i'm offered, i'll probably will be filling the couldron with my own blood. Yet again, becoming an assassin or executioner requires training, so be it.

Winrif spoke, letting him now what was all of this about. his mind came back to the question, "so young brother Ulric, do you still seek to join us, why do you wish to join us, what will you ask of us?"

Yes, my sister, i still seek to join you

I wish to learn from you the ways of Khaine, further from what i've already been taught, so i can become his tool

I'll ask from you when the time comes the freedom to perform my duties for our lord Khaine.

he says, kneeling down to one knee, always looking at Winrif's eyes.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The Spears came into position and Katon was happy they looked a little more formidable defending their carte of supplies. The Riders had left to scout a head, leaving the rest of them to stand in the cold and wait.

Time seemed to take an age to pass and with each sound the surrounding forest made caused Katon’s eyes to dart about scanning for possible danger. He didn’t feel safe being stood in one place, they were too large a target and could easily be seen. He held his views to himself and remained vigilant while the Riders did their job of scouting for danger.

Katon will remain vigilant and rank up with the rest of the Spears and await news from the Riders.
Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

I don't know whether we can discover much more without getting on board. It would be useful to discover more of who and what are on board the ship, but if we are discovered on board, we will have to commit ourselves to action, without the benefit of surprise. We could try just moving forward on our own and dealing with whatever happens, but we may be more effective in totally destroying the ship if we can get it a bit out into the harbour without anyone noticing.

This may be a good time to arrange a distraction, however I will go with your decision. You are a better judge that I of what we can achieve with the right amount of stealth.

Acrila will wait for Dia's decision.
Acrila

Shade

Skill. basic stealth

WS5 S4 T4 D4 I3

rope and grapple. paralyzing poison pick locks 20 caltrops. 10 meters of wire . ignition concoction( three uses) smoke bomb 3 cilps of bolts

463 gold
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Wao looked at Korhedron. I said it was three days old, open your ears. Tarensi, take our leader forward down the path, take it slow, listen for any enemies or any sign, we'll spread out more into the trees.

Winrif smiled at him, stepping forward and raising his head with her hand, like a caring mother. Khaine truly showed his wisdom, in bringing you us. May you serve him well young Ulric. The other eleven chanted, as she lead him to a chamber beyond. Inside lay a bed, racks of fine weapons great enough for any lord, books, that held the secret arts and attacks of these Pure Chalice. Gold lay piled about, it was a treasure trove, a vault for the order. She sat on the bed watching him. For joining us you may have one thing, or one, in this room.

Katon kept vigilant, as his men relaxed slightly. It was no worry, they would see any enemy coming. Azruni approached, the spear elves bowed and muttered his name as he strode past in his thick plate to speak to Katon. I see you command well warrior. Walk with me a bit. When they were a distance, away from his bodyguards the caravans and the men, he spoke to him again. As I have said you seem to have taken the mantle of command well, what do you think of Korhedrons progress. Also I must ask about the mask you took, show it to me. He asked the wind whipping through the long grass, giving it a slight chill.

Dia grinned, you know respect young one, this is good. They crept from away from the heavily guarded boat. They moved back from the docks, Dia idly cut a merchants purse from him, as the moved through the loud crowded dock, as only shades could. They were back at the tavern, and after heading behind the bar and down into the basement, they met their distraction. Well Acrila what do you think?

OOC: Acrila giving you freedom to come up with what your distraction should be, don't go over the top, but yeah I want to see what u come up with.
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Ulric was recieved as he expected, Winrif smiling as he accepted his fate. She lead him to a chamber at the other side of the room they were. In this room, she told him that he could pick one think from the room, which had weapons, books, gold and a bed. And there it was also Winrif.

He doubted. The book contained the secret arts and attacks of the order. This could mean that he would be able to learn everything from the Pure Chalice order. Martial prowess was what he wanted. On the other hand, there were these superb weapons. Swords, spears and the like, suitable for a lord. He didn't quite care about the gold, as he could always loot away some from the raids he could make. Finally, and not least, there was the bed where Winrif sat.

He looked at her but he didn't know if she was part of the offering. As their name was "Brides of Khaine", he preferred not even to ask for it. Instead, he asked: This book over here. What does it contains? It explains ways of killing, and tactics, or is a registry of the acts of you?

Ulric will ask about the book. If it contains combat techniques and tactics, he'll take it, if not, he'll look for a weapon.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Being summon away Katon followed his Lord. The compliment given about his command over the Spear Evles filled Katon with some confidence he was going about things the right way. All he could do was simply say “Thank you my Lord” as they continued to walk.

“Korhedron leads how he feels best, everyone leads those they command differently. I have served in the army i know of both cruel generals and of fair ones. I knew the ones i preferred to be under the command of, and i like to think i mimic their style in my leadership to your troops.”

“They ask where we are heading, i sadly can't offer them any insight. Would you be able to help clear their minds if you could allow us to know our destination, or at least the duration of our march?”

Katon attempted to probe Azruni for information on their destination before continuing their walk out of ear’s shot.

As they walked a little further away Katon moves his back as to block the line of sight of any preying eyes. As he slid his hand down his tunic to reveal the Mask. Held tightly to his chest Katon let it rest there. The mask had been looming over him for some time and he still didn’t understand it’s importance.

“This mask has been with me for a long time, i have no idea of it’s importance or symbolism. Would you be able to shed any light?”

Moving away from the Elves Katon will try to find out where they are heading or the duration of their march. He will ask about the mask though holds no reserve Azruni will tell him anything.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

"Very well", Korhedron spoke quietly. "Tarensi can take me ahead, you stay with the main group. Does Lord Azurini usually prefer us to deal with anything we find or to summon his main body? This is my first time serving under him outside of Vikarh. How many of us are there anyway? I never bothred to count last night...."

Korhedron is wondering what Azurini will usually do. He will let Wao and Tarensi take the lead due to his inexperience with tracking.
Regards,

NK.

Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

Acrila wondered what the distraction might be. It would have to be spectacular enough to get the attention of everyone on the warfside as well as the guards on the ship. At the same time it would not be wise to cause too much destruction in the taverns on the harbour front. Acrila was going to have quite enough enemies from the House oF Bloodrose without antagonising the the tavern owners too much. A fire would be completely out of the question.With the wind blowing as hard as it was, they could wipe out half the city with a fire.

Perhaps the distraction was an animal. Something large and scary enough to create mass panic . A Carnosaur would be nice, but Acrila doubted that was the kind of thing that tavern owners kept in their cellars.

When they reached the basement and opened the door. Acrila was utterly shocked by the lack of anything spectacular whatsoever. She could see nothing whatsoever of interest. She looked at Dia doubtfully but he was smiling wickedly.

Dia went over to the corner of the room, and dragged out a small chest from under the table. The tavern owner bought this off a mage. He uses a few granules when taven brawls get out of hand. When this substance is taken out of its airtight container, it releases such a terrible and powerfull stench that no elf can bear it , except if they have taken a drop of this antedote beforehand.

Dia picked up a small glass vial. The stench only lasts for a few minutes, but that should give us enough time, if we sprinkle a few granules in the tavern, a few on the quayside and a few just by the Bloodrose ship. We will have to move very fast though, are you ready.

Acrila will be ready to follow Dia's lead.
Acrila

Shade

Skill. basic stealth

WS5 S4 T4 D4 I3

463 gold
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Winrif smiled getting from from the bed, and lead Ulric over to the great book. on closer inspection he saw it was bound in a strange dark hide. Each page was made of human, elf, or dwarf skin, written in a near black blood ink. She turned his eyes away from the pages to look at her. This tome contains our battle techniques, torture methods and blessing of Khaine, you may learn from it today, though I cannot say what the book will choose to teach you, and it may take from you as well.

Azruni looked at the black mask with the silver tear, and then at Katon again. He gave him back the mask, clearly not wanting to be near it. We are heading to my fathers fortress and estate, you will meet the Head of House Shadowfang, we are only three days away now, he will be most interested to see you I'm sure. I cannot say more of the mask, save it has been in our family for as long as are records go, and i have no wish to get caught up in such mess They headed back to the gathered spear elves. A deep loud horn sounded from the woods, flocks of crows flew away in shock, their caws sharp and ragged. A moment later another horn sounded, what could it mean?

The smell would indeed give them the distraction they needed. They also pocketed the antidote. They needed to make their way back to the manor and wait for Ulric and Winrif. They moved through the docks, that had cleared slightly in the afternoon. You do not seem shocked by my presence with your mistress, tell me young one, why do you work for her?

Tarensi, was about to speak, when a spear seemed to bloom from his chets, showering Korhedron and his horse with blood. The dead Druchii slumped in the saddle, as a horn sounded in the woods. From down the path in front of the now alone Korhedron, came a group of beast men. More were following behind, the filthy beasts dressed in rags, wielding clubs rusting swords, and a number of other crude but effective weapons. On seeing the mounted warrior they charge, howling and snarling.

OOC: Ulric, like Acrila I'm giving you a chance to get creative about what u learn from the book, but of course don't go over the top.
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The symbolism of the Mask became a little more clear to Katon as not even a Lord of the house wanted to be associated with it. A deep history and lore ran along with this Mask and it’s importance became that ever so more important to Katon know he knew it had family roots.

Walking back to the Spears Katon double checked the Mask was safely secured out of sight and content that he at least knew the duration of their outing and had something to offer the Elves around him.

Before even reaching the group the loud sounds of a horn could be heard deep from in the woodlands. Unknown to Katon of the distance he surveyed those in front of him but it was no nearby horn, one that sounded from the deep.

“Pull together! Keep those supplies close and rank up and ready, we take no chances.” Katon barked out as he strode over to the Elves reading his weapons.

Falling into line he soon ranked up and felt those around him preparing their weaponry and stances. “We hold tight and take no chances, ready your selves and focus your eyes, we hold this position.”

Everyone was still preparing as the second horn sounded, this sounded a little closer though Katon could not pin point it’s location as of yet. Directing a call to Azruni, Katon was confidant his Elves were ready. “Will you not pull in closer my Lord, allow us to take the brunt of any resistance before unleashing your might at the crucial moment?”

Making his way back to his Spear unit Katon will ready those around him to be prepared. Offering Azruni a refuge of safety out of the main battle line Katon is happy to allow his Elves to take the brunt of any assault.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Ulric looked at the book, thinking what it could show him. Winrif stayed at a hithuan, smiling to him, knowing what would happen, even though, Ulric didn't know.

I'll take the book. If you say it could show me new combat techniques, then the knowledge will be far more useful than a weapon and it can give me a political leverage against the cult, if necessary. His eyes looked at the book eager to open it, altough they had something more to do.

Sister, i think we should get back to the Shadowfang's manor in order for our absence to be unnoticed. If we could rendevour with Accrila and the other shade, we'll might be of use.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Noble korhedron
Empire General

Korhedron took one look at the Beastmen and wheeled his horse back towards the main group. Spurring it on with some swift kicks to the flanks, he yelled for Wao to reform the main group. "Wao", he snapped. "Beastmen - they got Tarensi. Reform the main group on me - we'll run down the filthy things and avenge him - unless you would normally be ordered to retreat to the main column by now?!"

Korhedron is returning to Wao, trying to reform the main group for an attack on the Beastmen but is giving Wao the option of overriding this, not knowing what Azurini would normally order in this scenario....
Regards,

NK.

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

OOC; Ok not waiting anymore for Acrila, sorry for the wait guys.

IC: Korhedron turned his horse, and kicking in his heels, galloped back to rest of the scouts, the beastmen howling and hooting behind them. He reached Wao and the others filling them in on the presence of the beastmen, and then asking her for opinion. Rage fell over her, and she screamed at it. For the Bloody Darkness, just shut up and follow me, I am taking back command, damn what Azruni says. With a whistle she turned her horse, the other mounted scouts following. Korhedron had no choice but to do so also. The beastmen kept coming, just under a hundred of the filthy man things, were chasing after the scouts.

Katon was pulling the spears together, and he called to his lord, who formed up with his mounted guard, a short way away, his great sword drawn, his face stern and ready. Korhedron and the scouts came from the trees and sped towards them, Wao at the head making a bee line for Azruni. The roars and calls of the beasts could be heard, and the Spears gripped their shields and weapons tighter. The beasts paused under the trees, unwilling to rush out into the open. They beat their weapons and sounded their horns, building themselves up into an frenzy.

Winrif looked at Ulric and then the book, she grabbed his wrist, and held his hand over the dark red bound book. She pulled out a knife in seconds, and made a quick clean cut to his palm. The blood slowly dripped onto the dark thick leather of the bound text. It soaked into it, vanishing in moments, it seemed to shudder and groan as it 'drank'. Satisfied, she bound the thin clean wound, and handed the book to him, and a dark strip of cloth to cover it with. You, like all of are order are bound to the text, you may take it for a while, but when we call for it, you will bring it back.

They left the Temple, and met up with the Shades on their way back to the manor, soon they were filled in on their plan for the evening. At the manor, Ulric stowed the book in his room, and met with Uriverna and the rest in the main hall, all seemed ready, they just needed to figure out who would be where, when they went to work. Far away The beastmen, broke from the forest, the scouts and other cavalry were formed up behind the packed ranks of spear elves, who stood ready, as the wall of stinking fur and rusting metal came at them.
Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

OOC: i posted last week. but it does seem to have come though i have computer trouble i will re-post as soon as possible
Acrila

Shade

Skill. basic stealth

WS5 S4 T4 D4 I3

463 gold
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The roars of unknown beasts could be heard as the scouts came racing back to report. The roars became louder as out of the tree line came the image of manlike beasts poised and ready for battle. They bore shabby clothing just crude enough to cover them. Weapons both of craft and of improvisation spread their battle line.

Katon could feel the tension of the Elves around him, the beasts came in great numbers, their form much larger and well built then an Elf. Faced off the Spear Elves would take heavy casualties under the heavy wave on frenzied beast.

“Hold your selves firm. They work themselves into a frenzy to dampen their fear. These beasts stand before the highest of all the races of the Old World. Show them no fear, for before this battle is through that is all they will know.” Trying to invoke some confidence into his troop Katon will try to keep them calm and in rank ready to receive the charge from the beasts.

“Korhedron send some of your riders to harass them, pull the un-disciplined from their ranks. Mighty as we are a confused and fragmented charge by them will leave us with an easy fight ahead.”

Keeping his troops c alm Katon will instruct them to hold and recive the charge. Seeking to use all that he has at his disposal he hoped Korhedron will send some Riders forward to try and pull the battle hungry beasts from formation and causing an untidy charge of which his Spearelves can capitalise on.
Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

Acrila thought for a while before answering Dia's question. She herself would like to know more of Dia's connection with the House of Shadowfang, but didn't feel that she could ask.

Since my family died I have made my own way in the world, and I have had many employers. The late Lord Shadowfang was probably the best. He was a great fighter and utterly fearless. He paid well and treated us with more respect than I have ever seen from any other Highborn. He was experienced in battle and a good strategist, according to my judgement anyway.

The fact that he was so treacherously brought down just a few short steps from me, is not something that I can easily forget, and it is something which I would very much like to avenge. It was only due to my companions ferocious fighting abilities that I myself am still alive.

It is my duty to avenge Lord Shadowfangs death, and I have sworn an oath of alligience to his sister. She is clever enough and a good fighter. She has given us good opportunities to sharpen our skills, and that is what is important to me.

I have no wish to break my oath of alligience, it gives a certain clarity to my life, which can be a useful thing. Although of course , if I was ever betrayed by the House of Shadowfang, my loyalty would no longer exist.

I hope that answers your Question.

Acrila will wait to see if Dia has anything more to say.
Acrila

Shade

Skill. basic stealth

WS5 S4 T4 D4 I3

463 gold
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Winrif cut through Ulric's palm, letting the blood be soaked by the book. We'll come collect the book again when we need it. For now, you can take it. Ulric thought of what it could bring to him.

When they got back to the manor, he tossed the book at his chambers, expecting he would have enough time to study it later. For now, he had to meet Urvierne and the others in the halls.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Noble korhedron
Empire General

Korhedron thought quickly, realising Katon had a point. "Right, Wao", he snapped. "You heard him, and no arguments!! Now who's got the crossbows? I want them to gallop along the front of the line at a range where the Beasts can't just dash out and pull them into the woods to be massacred, but where your crossbows will be making killing hits with at least half their shots. The more we kill and the faster we kill them without them being able to retaliate, they'll fly into a rage - and once they're out we retreat and reform to either support Katon's spears with more missile fire or charge the beasts in the flank while Katon holds off their charge. Any questions?"

Korhedron realises he erred earlier in splitting the group but is going to stamp his authority on Wao for this one engagment - then probably let her take the lead later on. He will listen to any reasonable objections she might have but only if his plan is deliberately endangering her troops any more than would normally be the case in combat.
Regards,

NK.

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Wao was going to reply to Korhedron, her blade half drawn, when Azruni stepped in, and with a harsh bark silenced them both. Follow me and my guard, once they have engaged my spears, we will swoop in on their flank, Korhedron I will be speaking with you later. With that their master and his heavily armored guard rode away from the tree line, out of sight of the horrid horned beastmen, but still visible to the spear elves. They beats broke from the trees, all maddening cries, and clashing weapons, the ground trembling with their charge.

They stood in the main hall, all now having been updated on what the others had been up to and their plan of attack. Uriverna approved of it, and they had a small meal as night fell over the city. It was time to act. The city was busy, many out for the night going to taverns, flesh bars, markets, and other less savory places. The two Shades and two Khainites weaved through the crowds of druchii, the docks just past the next street. They were ready to act, but they needed to work out the last few details. They paused at the corner, the large Bloodrose ship, still at anchor where it had been the day before, the armored guards still patrolling its decks.

The beasts came on, and the elves took a step back. The calls of their sergeants and Katon, strengthened their resolve. The beasts had slowed though, standing half way between the trees and their formation. The were howling and snapping, biting at the bit. One stepped forward from their group. A huge beast, with great sweeping horns, a massive stone axe grasped in its huge clawed paws. It was covered in thick leather, most of which appeared to be elven hide. It dragged its claws across its broad muzzle, cutting it, as it gave a deep bass roar. It had issued a challenge.
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Ranked up their Lord pulled the Cavalry to one side. Katon took his judgment over his own and didn’t intervene. The beasts stood ready though none moved to charge, they all stood poised for battle. Any fear throughout his ranks had been dampened as Katon roused the troops to hold ready. Still no charge came, instead one beast stepped out from it’s ranks.

The large beast bore a two handed axe of poor craft, the head of stone crudely tided to a wooden shaft. The beast beckoned the Spears to send one Elf forward, one who would fight to the death with this beast. It clad it’s self in the hides of what appeared to be Elven flesh, this beast obviously taking many heads and no doubt their best fighter. Much time spent in the army Katon had herd of tales of unit leader having to accept such challenged on a generals behalf, normally due to self preservation reasons.

Their Lord was too good for this fight and the ranks of the Shadowfang family already knew of his might. Katon was unwilling to send one of his subordinates out to fight. He would have to face this beast on his own. He had said he was only as strong and as good as the Elves under his command, he would now need to prove this and win this fight.

The beast continued to roar furiously as it readied for a fight. Katon could offer no such roar, no impressive show of animal strength. Instead he stepped out of the ranks to revealed himself. Spear held tight and Shield brought forward a cold seemed to take over a loneliness he felt without the protection of fellow Shield around him. Still in the ghostly silence he spoke out.

“I am Katon you stand in the path of the Shadowfang houses march, for such treachery you shall die and your head carried as a trophie for it’s house.” His words were bold and loud, they were for the Elves around him, they needed to know it was he who took up the challenge and if he slay the beast those around him should fear nothing and do the same.

Poised and Ready Katon had his Shield at the ready. Much like the Orcs they had faced in the Area the Beast was of the same muscular build. Strength alone would not prevail here nor would a solid defences of his Shield. Instead he would have to use his speed and cunning to bring down such a beast.

Formulating some sort of battle plan Katon came to the conclusion both would charge and the martial speed he possessed should hopefully overcome the beasts cumbersome weapon. Ready for the beasts charge Katon will too take off in flight looking to run at the beast and dodge it’s charge with a side step and ready himself to counter the beast with a thrust to the back from his Spear or to it’s front as the beast turns it’s self to face the opponent.

Katon will accept the challenge and try to stick to his battle plan through he knows he will have to improvise at some point.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Korhedron was relieved to see Azurini stepping in, which saved him from having to placate an angry Wao. "Very well, my lord", he replied. "Are you sure you don't wish the crossbow-armed scouts to make a couple of runs first? Might be useful to finish few of the useless things first? It IS your decision of course, but if it saves us a casualty or two, I had thought all the better...? But if you wish to attack immediately, very well....."

Korhedron is merely asking Azurini if he's sure about not bothering with missile fire. He thinks that any extra Beastmen killed will only help the Druchii side when the combat begins....
Regards,

NK.