Group 33: The Death Crows, an Imperial Guard RPG

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Group 33: The Death Crows, an Imperial Guard RPG

Post by Carathyle maveric »

On board of the Imperial Battlecruiser ‘Judgement of the imperium’, the troopers from the elite company called the ‘Death Crows’ are stationed. With each squad consisting of about 10 to 20 soldiers, and the lowest casualty numbers throughout the galaxy, the Death crows are among the very best the Imperium of men can afford. Much like their Space Marine counterparts, these soldiers are strong, brave and cunning. Each one of them hand selected by the commander of the company from among the Imperial Guards. “The moment Death Crows enter the battle, victory is assured.” Was often said by the normal Imperial Guards. Each soldier in the 20th Intergalactic special Operation has his own story behind his or her recruitment. Some were levied into them by recommendation, others by performance seen by actual soldiers of the company. None were here by accident, all were excellent soldiers.

”Okay you bunch of nitwits, Sit down on your asses, and listen up for the briefing. At 0900 this morning, we received intel that in this sector, to be more precise on Baal there was a hostile take-over of a base just outside of the city. To everyone’s surprise the take-over isn’t caused by Xeno’s or Chaos Marines, but by the imperial guards stationed there. This means they gone rogue and joined the ranks of Chaos. WE are assigned the following, the base is positioned in the desert-like area of planet so it is hard to not get spotted on the way, take the chapel to the God Emperor back and reclaim the base. Purge those that have fallen, make sure they lay in a puddle of their own sickening blood.” A sergeant-mayor stepped up in front of the large group, that were sitting in the Briefing room. ”I know some of you are new to the company, yet you WILL obey the orders me and my superiors give you. If you compromise the mission by thinking you can go in solo, you WILL get punished. If you think that, causing a random explosion in the right place, but on the wrong time is good, you are wrong. You shall do as your squad sergeant says. Now… back to the matter at hand.” he continued. A map of the area was displayed onto a screen

”Okay then, as you may see here, The dropzone is a safe distance away. You will be deployed by combat drop. For the rookies, this means the Valkyries will fly low, and you jump out of them. Don’t worry, you will not break a bone, as the veterans might be able to tell you. From that point, you shall go around the mountains toward the camp, possible sniper position is the south side of the mountains. Your support will be a strafing run, don’t waste it. You only get one. That is all, Dismissed.” The sergeant spoke.

Take it from here

Participants:
Drainial
Smiler666
Krau27

Opens on:
1st of October

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Here it was, his first mission with the Crows, and a fairly large scale one two for a group like theirs. As he listened to the briefing Scelerus looked around the room. Although all were dressed more or less alike it was clear that he was not the only new arrival, it was in the way people held themselves, the easy confidence of veterans on yet another outing as compared to the exaggerated cool or tightly wound excitement of someone with something to prove. Scelerus knew that he fitted into the second category but in truth his excitement had less to do with the veterans' approval and more to do with seeing combat again. Training, sparing and sims were all well and good but nothing made his juices flow or his heart pound quite like bloodshed and battle.

The mission itself sounded risky to say the least, if they didn't lose a few in the initial storm he would be surprised covering fire or not. Charging heavy bolter positions was not anyone’s' idea of a good time, but in the emperors service you quickly learned that enjoyment was not the highest priority.

He didn't have any questions and so made sure that all of his kit was in place and that he was ready to go. After re-checking and reloading the power pack in his modified las gun Scelerus removed any items of dress wear on his uniform, looking good was secondary to staying alive and on the battle field he wanted practicality above anything else. Finally drawing his combat knife Scelerus stroked its finely pattered skin, careful not to catch the razor sharp edge. The knife was his most prised possession, gifted to him by a warrior in an inquisitor's retinue; apparently its onyx black blade had been blessed by saint Maloch himself; perhaps that would stand him in good stead today.

Finally the time came and as the ship closed in on Baal Scelerus followed the rest of his squad onto the waiting Valkerie. The engines matched the pounding of his blood as his heart rose in anticipation,
'the flight should be short,' he thought to himself 'God Emperor let me let blood today.'

Just generally getting ready and introducing the character

OOC: I hope that was ok.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

Rolf Shirley Heitzor, looked at his chronographer, it was about an hour till zero hour. Realizing he had some more time to kill he stripped down his weapon and began preforming the appropriate rites. "Dang it Heitzor ,thats about the fifth time today you’ve done that" A fellow trooper named Sanchez said sitting down next to him."...you don’t say much do you?" to which Shirley just merely shrugged now more intently focused on cleaning his weapon. Sanchez shook his head and left headed off to go chat with some more talkative Crows.

Finally alone, Shirley relaxed setting his weapon on his kit and taking a look around the Valkyrie bay. He could easily tell most of the Vets from the Rookies, as they were mostly calm and collective. On the other hand the newer guys for the most part were nervous, either trying to prove themselves or just the fear of dying. Checking his chronographer again it was about 30min till planet fall, Throwing on his gear and making a last minute check he headed over to where the rest of his squad was mustering getting ready to board the Valkyrie.

After a few minutes and a few minutes of yelling by the squads Sargent, They Finally boarded the awaiting drop ship. Strapping Himself in Shirley glanced over to the door mounted heavy bolters, and wondered if they came from his home world, Granted an easy serial read would sum it up, also would tell me what manufactorum, and model number he thought trying to get a closer look before the Naval Gunman came back to take it over.

While looking for the serial number, he overheard some of his fellow squad talking about him "Heard he was machanicus" one said, “What Heitzor? Yeah he has that cogboy demenor allright, harldy talks to no one and spends all day around the machines and weapons" the other said "I wonder what other techno sorcery he has aside from that arm?" "I don’t know but id rather not find out, he’s pry more machine than man" Shirley had smile, though it was hidden behind his rebreather, at that last comment Ah if only i had more of the Machine Gods blessings...then maybe i turn off my hearing and mute you two from babbling about stuff you don’t know he thought as the ship lurched signaling that they were on their way planet side.

doing the same thing as Drainial
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Weapons: Long Sword,Corsair Knife, Great Sword, Handbow 10 rounds
Armor:Light Armor,Town Guard Armor (Medium Armor),Cloak,Shield
Msc: Rations x5
Gold/Circlets/Widgets: 10
Stats: ziltch

Death, Doom and Distraction Join Up (this is my story)
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Jim sat through the Sergeant Major's briefing with growing dread, this would be his first proper ground mission and they were going up against heavy bolters and autocannons. Granted he had never had to face one in person, but he had seen what they could do to armoured fighter hulls and the body armour they were wearing was by far less thick. Worse still, it transpired that unlike regiments he had met before, the death crows didn't approve of what they called 'non-standard gear', so he had had to leave his beloved deckgun in the billets, at least noone had taken offence at his navy insignia, if he has going to die on some pointless, immobile rock he'd at least have The Emporer's Mercy in his heart as he went. And the topography they had was poor, damn guard slackers, a navy marauder would have brought back better information with one engine out, but there was little to be done about that now.

When the officer finished handing out orders the troops moved away and set about readying themselves for the oncoming storm. Some cleaned equiptment, others checked through packs or spread extra clips for thier modified weapons across webbing, a few even prayed - surprisingly alomst as many veterans as rookies. Jim considered pulling the cowling off one of the Valkyries engines and making a last minute flight check, but thought better of it in case someone took it the wrong way, eventually he just settled down against the hangar wall and waited to board the transports, while running his hands over the strange new weapon he had been issued.

Then the orders came and, with a few barked orders and an appropriate amount of jostling, the men and women of the 20th Intergalactic SpecOps mounted up ready for drop. Jim hung back, momentarily forgetting he has now one of the troopers going planetside and not just there to fuel the Valkyries, until a nearby officer hollered at him to "board the transport before I put my foot up your arse". He sprinted to the nearest transport, sat down in the last seat between two massive, grizzled veterans, who made his stature - or lack thereof - even more obvious by comparison, and strapped hisself in. The was a bang and a lurch, that made Jim wince and mumble, "damn guard pilots," and they were off, powering toward a strange world that would be the death of at least some of them.

feeling all left out, short and navy-y, other than that same as above

ooc: was that okay?
Opus vos liberaverit
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Modpost:

The moment the briefing ended, the platoon dispersed into seperate groups that were all doing something else. Many were checking their gear, cleaning their guns and grabbing hold of enough rations for a month, at least, the veterans did. The rookies were overall bragging about how they will kick those traitor guardsmen's arses. As usual, the squad sergeants gotten a seperate instruction from the Sergeant Major himself.

As the Valkeries were slowly getting filled with troopers, all the sergeants climbed aboard the Valkerie, as it lifted off.

Sitting onboard one of the 4 Valkeries, Scelerus looked at his squad mates, and then at his equipment. Many of the soldiers were calm, and gazing toward the bottom of the Valkerie. You could easily tell who were the veterans of many battles, and who were the rookies.

Meanwhile, Rolf was boarding his own Valkerie, with his own personal gain in mind. Hearing all kinds of comment around him, he quickly found himself face to face with an corporal that stood before him. "Tell me, do you live and breath like us all? or are you just a walking pile of metal?" He spoke, after which he got a slap to the back of his head by the Sergeant of the squad. "Sit down, and shut up. Prepare for the insertion you guys, it's going to be a very funny one. Hey kid, Rolf was it? Take off the rebreather, if you keep it on, you'll eventually die because of it." he spoke, as he returned to his seat and strapped himself in.

Jim was standing on the very edge of the valkerie when it activated its engines. As he sat down, the few remaining members of their squad embarced the ship, including their Sergeant. The plane budged, as it lifted off of the ground, with the doors closed ofcourse. "Damn guard pilots," Jim spoke, as he felt it. "Without us guards, the navy would haven't been there in the first place. Besides, you'll be damn if these guys don't like you, so behave even though you're an arrogant brat." the Sergeant replied, while he took a seat.

As the Valkeries descended to the planet, the sergeants gave their instructions to their own squads. "Squads 504 and 503 will join up with us, while 505 has the pain in the ass job of giving us sniper support. Mission is easy, the approach isn't however. Keep yourself silent and we'll be easy to slip past their posts. From there we can easily clear the whole base." was said in the valkerie were Scelerus sat in.

"Squads 502 and 503 will join up with us, while 505 has the pain in the ass job of giving us sniper support. Mission is easy, the approach isn't however. Keep yourself silent and we'll be easy to slip past their posts. From there we can easily clear the whole base." was annouced in the Valkerie of Rolf.

"Squads 504 and 502 will join up with us, while 505 has the pain in the ass job of giving us sniper support. Mission is easy, the approach isn't however. Keep yourself silent and we'll be easy to slip past their posts. From there we can easily clear the whole base." was said toward Jim and his squad by their sergeant.

The Valkeries quickly approached the ground where the drop zone was. [b]"All troopers, rise."
was said in all 4 the Valkeries. The sergeants, along with the veterans moved to the back of the Valkerie, which opened slowly. "Okay rookies, easy as hell, you jump out, land on your feet, and you move away." They spoke. When the ground was nearly touching the Valkerie, the Sergeants, along with the veterans, jumped out of the Valkerie, quickly to be followed by some of the rookies.

So, you are still on the Valkerie and you have to jump out of it in order to move out. Objective's simple, clear the chapel and clear the town of about 50 Imperial Guardsmen. Piece of Cake for Crows, don't you think?

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"Okay rookies, easy as hell, you jump out, land on your feet, and you move away." The sergeants intoned, as if they had not drilled this half a dozen times in the past fortnight. Scelerus needed no more encouragement and hefting his shiny new gun he pulled down the visor of his helmet and followed the next man out.

Leaping out of the open door and landing with a thud on the ground Scelerus' eyes scanned the terrain as he moved quickly away from the transport fanning out with the other men to ensure that there were no enemies waiting in ambush. Sure the brass had probably planned this mission out a hundred different ways and the ship had likely scanned the area not to mention the Valkerie itself but there was no substitute for your own eyes, no matter what a tech priest might tell you.

Fortunately it seemed as though the landing zone was clear, the hills rose up on one side shielding their target from view. At the unit standard perimeter point Scelerus waiting for the rest of the squad to assemble and for the sergeant to give them the go ahead. His heart was pounding ever harder in anticipation now, they were close.

Getting out of the Valkerie and trying to spot any enemies who may be laying in wait or inadvertently passing. Otherwise just waiting for the order to move out.

OOC: I apologise if I assumed too much in that passage, since there is not much going on yet I wanted to add a little flavour.

You can move ahead as far as you wish if there is room for it :P Landingzone's clear, and there isn't a single point of cover. Damn, you're fucked if you get attacked by snipers.

Btw, reïnforcements:Standard guardsmen with armour support, they dead, 1 valkery strafe. got it?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

OOC: I was going for more of a satrship-trooper-style navy/army rivalry than arrogance, plus it's the the poor lad's first time off a ship and he's homesick leave him alone.

At the sergeants little power-trip guard rant Jim though idiot ring-banger, but saluted and responded with as much irony as wouldn't get him shot, "yes sir" isn't it bad enough that I've been shanghaied into this damn dirt-muncher regiment, without them spouting idiocy. If it wasn't for the navy this brute would still be laying bricks on his homeworld.

"Okay rookies, easy as hell, you jump out, land on your feet, and you move away.", Jim shook his head and leapt out of the Valkyrie almost before the sergeant had finished, he already didn't like the man's arrogance. He hit the ground professionally, on his side and crumpling into a roll, before springing up and looking around the landing zone, the immediate area was clear with a small mountain range blocking thier view of the target and thankfully thier view of us and further north was the plain they would be advancing over, with not a speck of cover. His ad hoc training momentarily failed him until a couple more rookies hit the ground and Jim moved forward with them to his place in the line, waiting for the order forward... straight toward the heavy guns.

showing off navy skills (like a boss) and worrying about charging heavy weapons with little to no cover, other than that generally the same as Drainial.
Opus vos liberaverit
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

smiler666 wrote:OOC: I was going for more of a starship-trooper-style navy/army rivalry

OOC: NUKE 'EM RICO! ahh good movie(s)

IC: ""Tell me, do you live and breath like us all? or are you just a walking pile of metal?" The Corporal said before being smacked by the Squad Sargent, Shirley gave him a quizzical look as he sat down thinking to himself I obviously am, if i were a walking pile of metal, well first of piles of metal don’t walk and second of all... his train of thought was interrupted by the sergeant saying to him "Hey kid, Rolf was it? Take off the rebreather, if you keep it on, you'll eventually die because of it", Shirley quickly responded It's a custom on my home world Sargent, also this is not your standard issue, in fact this particular model is from there, i can explain the advantages and upgrades to you if want.... The Sargent merely looked at him with look of disbelief "You really are a cog-head, fine keep it on but if you die make sure I’m the first to know so i can fill out the proper paperwork", Understood Sargent, though i don't know how to tell you I’m dead when i am....I shall think of an answer and get back to you as soon as possibleShirley said with a nod, as he snapped his helmet into place. The Corporal glared at him and muttered "bloody cogboys" Rolf just gave him a quizzical look and flicked down his helmets tinted visor and prepared for the drop.

"Okay rookies, easy as hell, you jump out, land on your feet, and you move away." as the Valkyries bay doors opened. As the Vets jumped out Rolf couldn’t help but wonder how the pilots could skim the surface without crashing the ship This is quite peculiar this altitude is defiantly out of recommended protocol, will have to ask about it when this mission is over he thought jumping out of the Valkyrie and landing without a hitch. Shirley glanced behind him and saw that one of the other rookies had fallen on his face, Feeling a moment of kindness he grabbed him by the scruff of his collar with his bionic hand and hefted him to his feet, the trooper "thanked" him with a look that was a mixture of shock and horror, it quickly faded though as he went to go join the line. Cocking his head to the side trying to think of what the gesture meant, Shirley shrugged it off and did a quick scan of the ridgeline before joining the rest of them.

Rolf/Shirley will follow suit and Airborne Shuffle (light jog) over to the line and await further orders
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor

Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

M-M-MODPOST!

As the squads disembarked from the moving Valkeries, Scelerus jumped out and quickly checked his surroundings, to finally find himself hoping there weren’t any snipers to snipe them off. As the terrain was clear, without even a single bush while there was water a good stone throw away. His second thought was wondering where they were. The landing zone was clearly on the map, as was the water and the mountains. He was wondering on which part of this water world they landed.

Jim was getting annoyed by the Sergeants arrogance in his eyes and leaped out of the Valkerie, in his eyes like someone who has seen battle more than his fair share. However, his actions were useless, as there wasn’t even a single hostile soldier. The other Crows started to laugh at the display, and were whispering to each other what a fool that guy was. Jim stood up, and looked around. The more veteran soldiers from his company easily stepped out of the valkerie as it skimmed the ground, followed by the hopping rookies. The calmness of the veterans was clear to see, as their worries of any attack weren’t there. The sergeant walked up to Jim and smacked him in the face. ”Listen next time. If you think yourself so damn good, go talk to the sergeant-major for an special assignment. Your actions could cause other soldiers to lose their lives. I know you were navy and shiz, but you are here as a Crow. You listen to your squad commander, you obey order, and you NEVER jump out into a designated safe LZ in the manner you did, you got that?! If we were to be dropped right into that camp, I would complement you on your actions, but that was nothing more than stupid, childish behavior! You’re no longer navy, you’re a crow.” The sergeant said after that. Jim’s attitude clearly annoyed the sergeant as far as it was possible.

Rolf jumped out of the Valkerie, following his sergeants and the veterans of his squad suit. ”Sir, I was wondering, how can the Valkerie pilots skim the ground like that?” He asked the sergeant as they walked toward the gathering spot. ”Special Crow training. We got special protocols for these kinds of things don’t sweat it. And about your rebreather, give me a list of the advantages and upgrades at the end of the mission. You’re lucky this isn’t a stealth mission, we get those a lot.” He spoke kindly to the boy, not minding his augments.

The sergeants stepped out in front and turned to their squads as they were assembled.”Okay Crows, listen up. We got our orders from segmentum command. Now, we know there are a lot of gun emplacements, that’s why we got half our platoon in those mountains over there to give us sniper support. We also have the support of those fools of the imperial guard, maybe we get a chance to recruit some of those goons. You, are the best of the best. These past few months training has elevated your skills. Some among you were taking from the navy, others were taken from the airborn, many of you were taken from either personal bodyguards or from the imperial guard. Forget that title. You are now a crow, and that’s important. The moment you forget that, is the moment you lose your life. We’re not cannon fodder, we are the predators, among the animals. The space marines, among the imperial guards. We are the best, the imperium guard has to offer. We go around the mountains. There, we will have some cover. We try to sneak into the base, and take out the auto canon positions without a shot fired. If this doesn’t work, we’ll go for a direct assault and wipe every one of those traitor guards from the face of this world!” They spoke one at a time.

The squads start moving around the mountains, without coming across any hostile. The moment they get past the mountain, they will have enough cover, and they have a visual on their targets.

Got ahead

Equipment:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

After a brief pep talk which Scelerus suspected had been given to every batch of new recruits and which the veterans could probably recite by now the platoon began to move out. A crow quick march was a punishing pace but the bravo was young and fit matching the pace set by his sergeant and the more experienced members of the squad easily. In a way Scelerus was surprised that they were going around rather than straight over the hills, he had been more than half expecting to go right over, 'as the crow flies' so to speak. Still if better cover was to be had this way then the young soldier was not about to argue. On foot the journey would take a while, Scelerus settled in for a long march eyes still scanning the terrain around them almost unconsciously, though if the enemy had the right kind of weapons there wouldn't be much the crows could do about it anyway.

A harsh tab later...

Crouching in cover Scelerus looked down at the enemy camp. It was strange to think of it that way since almost every part of it was as familiar to him as his own bunk. Imperial standard design, Imperial guns, Imperial fortifications, even Imperial paint disguising Imperial sand bags with Imperial camo patterns. Of course there were a few differences, where the soldier would have expected to see a proud Aquila atop the flag pole sticking out of the main building instead there was nothing to be seen. In fact there were no Aquila’s nor any other symbol of the emperor's grace left intact and undefiled, it made the theologically trained trooper worried for the fate of the chapel and even more determined to see each and every traitor dead.

The snipers were taking up their positions, according to the sergeant plan A was a sneak attack, that suited him fine since charging machine guns was not high on his to do list. In truth he also preferred to kill with a blade up close and personal rather than with a rifle from afar, hopefully he would get a chance today. Patiently Scelerus awaited the command to move forward already planning out a route that would take him from cover to cover with the least chance of being seen and/or killed.

Waiting to go forwards and likeing the sneaking plan. When/if the order comes Scelerus will go forwards as quickly and as quietly as he can along with his squad. If they meet any enemy or get the whole way to the emplacement he will try and take down the traitors silently with his blade though he will resort to the hell gun if necessary or practical.

OOC: Once again apologies if this assumes too much. By the way what is the scale of the map? Are those mountains or hills? I am just not sure whether getting into the assault position took an hour or the better part of a week.

They are mountains. It took about 4 hours to get from the landingzone to the point where you are. -Maveric

Gentleman of Moderation
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

"Special Crow training. We got special protocols for these kinds of things don’t sweat it. And about your rebreather, give me a list of the advantages and upgrades at the end of the mission. You’re lucky this isn’t a stealth mission, we get those a lot.” The sergeant said If you wish sergeant i can give you a brief overview...[b] Rolf said with something of excitement as opposed to his normal emotionless voice. With a sigh the sergeant said "If you must but make it brief we have a formation to get to".

With a smile that was hidden behind his rebreather he began to explain as they walked to the gathering Crows, [b] The MkCV "Carmine" pattern rebreather by Magos Carmine,hence the name, to improve the MkCIV "Thadius" pattern currently in use, The improvemets included a multi channel vox reciver, external vox speakers with adjustable sound output, also improved filtration system that removes 7.83% more toxins than compared to the previous model, not to mention the improved armor plating
He said flicking his cheek with his bionic hand making a pinging noise. "that’s great and all" the sergeant said " But how does that compare to our standard issue rebreather?" Well, that will be explained after mission, it would take an amount of time that we do not have, it seems we have a speech

speech happens

Rolf kept pace as the platoon made its way by the mountains, he didn’t really enjoy the fact that they were walking, also not going directly over the mountains. When he asked His sergeant about it he said something about "stealth" and "more efficient", Rolf was about to argue but he learned better than to argue with a sergeant, a lesson he learned to well while with the Valhallan’s.

The march took about four hours, four hours of walking in sand and gravel and other small earthy bits. As the platoon looked over the enemy position, Rolf was digging out bits of gravel and the such from his bionic components. "That’s not going to be a problem is it?" The sergeant said looking at Rolf Not at all Sargent, just increasing efficiency is all "Good, we don’t want you jamming up in the heat of a fire fight" The Sargent said sounding relieved. Rolf put the knife he was using to clean his arm back in its sheath and took a look at the emplacements, standard procedure least the infernal traitors kept something of our holy empire amongst them with a faint *Snap* followed by a the hiss of escaping air as he unbuckled part of his rebreather. Pealing it to the side he spit out a load of phlegm and dirt, both from his disgust of traitors and from the march. A Trooper to Rolfs Left Nearly dropped his weapon as he witnessed Rolf take off the mask, he elbowed his buddy next to him who nearly did the same thing. Rolf looked over at them and cocked his head to the side and mouthed the word "What?" and hooked the rebreather back into place and resealed it with a quick practiced efficiency.
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor

Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

OOC: is there something about my character that you don't like cara, it's just that your sergeant is two for two in railing at Jim for minor things that are based off his background. Are you navy-racist? :shock:

IC: Jim left the the Valkyrie in textbook low-drop dismount, and was surprised to see even veterans dismounting with childish little hops is this how they always act? Not exceptionally well trained for a SpecOps outfit, if one of those Valkyries got the altitude even just meters wrong, he shuddered to think of the consequences, remembering scenes of blood and cartilage from other men who got drops wrong. He was even more surprised when the sergeant came over and put down his performance, "”Listen next time. If you think yourself so damn good, go talk to the sergeant-major for an special assignment." Jim stopped listening at that point what is this idiot ring-banger spouting about? Endanger the lives of other soldiers? The lives of other soldiers were already in danger from poor training and he would be damned if he would let this guard fool talk down at him for safe and correct battlefield procedures. "with all due respect, sir, I dismounted from our transport using the official, airborne-standard protocols, put in place by good servants of the god-emperor to stop troops from injuring themselves before they even reach combat. I don't know what stance 'the crows' take to emperor-and-imperium sanctioned guidelines, but I personally take them quite thoroughly to heart." Jim snapped a smart salute, filled with as much irony as the simple gesture could convey and took his place among the other recruits to listen to the speech.

Jim set off with the rest of the platoon slightly happier about facing the massed heavy weapons now that they were doing so in some subtle manner, he had heard to many horror-stories about commissars driving guardsmen at the enemy guns until thier ammo ran dry. The dust and sand they paced over caused plenty of problems, crows kept stopping to clean grit out of weapons, gear and often uniforms, but the stormtroopers were tough and they ploughed on through and eventually came across a glorious sight: cover. Unfortunately as he dropped hisself behind cover and began to move forward with his squad slower now bounding from cover to cover, he saw a less attractive sight in the backdrop of the scene: the chapel they were supposed to be reclaiming had been desecrated horrifically by the traitor guard, almost every proclamation to the emperor's divine glory had been destroyed or defiled and several walls had been daubed with unholy symbols in some unsettling red pigment that seemed to crawl about before the eyes, also the area around the chapel was well fortified, he could see the heavy weapons positions closest to them, the sentries lolling about, ignoring thier duties filthy chaos scum. Jim looked down at the forge-fresh lasgun in his hands, Mercy was a big pair of boots to fill and this was the gun's first chance to do so. he fixed his blade to the bayonet lug and carried on with his fellow crows, low and silent
Opus vos liberaverit
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

OOC: Smiler, your character has Sergeant Herald "Nagger" Dobson, you already know why his name is Nagger XD.

Drainial, your character's sergeant is Stephan "Sandbox" Urban. Specialized in desert Operations.

Krau, your character's sergeant is Manor "Automaton" Baxer.
Specialized in the use of Heavy Weapon teams and base defenses.

505th squad's sergeant is Cirene "marker" Baxer, the sister of Manor Baxer.
Specialized in Assassinations on long range and legendary Markswomen of the Death Crows.

Modpost

As the squads formed up together, the 505, the snipers, under command of Cirene Baxer, moved to their respective position on the south side of the mountains, too high to be spotted by a bare eye.

When the large group of Crows moved forward, they came across cover, which they happily used. Seeing that the route toward the first defensive turret was compleetly with cover, they advanced forward.

However, when the entire target area was visible, the damage was to be seen by the crows very eyes. All the holy emblems of the Emperor were taken away from their respective position, even those on the chapel. The hearts of the Crows filled with hatred as they gazed upon the blasphemy.

Over the VOX-comlink channels there was a slight messege. "This is Cirene of the 505th squad, we're in position and awaiting your orders." was the messege. Sergeants Manor and Stephan hussled up behind the cover and discussed a tactic.

With a quick gesture in the air, Sergeant Manor called all crows on his attention. "We're going to use the snipers to take out the turrets, they have enough men to take them all out, and they are all trained by Cirene herself. For those who don't know Cirene, she's the crow that knows how to handle a sniper rifle." He whispered so everyone of the group could hear it. "The moment the gunners are dead, we'll charge into the base and clear it from those bastard guards. For the Imperium." With these last words he gave the go-ahead to Cirene, who ordered the snipers to take out the gunners.

From their respective positions, Jim, Rolf and Scelerus looked toward the base from a crouched position. A faint shot was hearable in the distance, followed by more. As the shots sounded, the guards that had manned the turrets slowly dropped dead, one by one.

"Crows, go ahead." Stephan spoke, as he jumped out of cover and ran toward the fortification among the edge of the area. Jumping out one by one, the crows followed his example. As they closed in on the encampment, Sergeant Herald fired the first shot into a patrolling guardsmen who wasn't aware of their presence. Now on full alert, the guardsmen moved to counter the crows, even though their moral was low because of their enemies fearsome reputation.

Sergeant Stephan found enough time between firing at the enemy to grab his las-pistol and shoot Sergeant Herald through the head. "Dumb idiot, if he hadn't shot we would haven't been in this situation." he spoke after the sergeant fell dead to the ground.

Quick information, Jim, Rolf and Scelerus followed suit(as expected of crows). They witness the execution of Herald first hand and then decide for their own. Take it from here you guys.

Equipment:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

3...2...1 GO! Scelerus counted down the digits descending on sergeant Urban's hand, waiting until a clinched fist indicated that they time had finally come. Restraining a whoop which would have been wholly inappropriate the guardsman moved forwards flitting from cover to cover with all the grace he could muster and praying that their enemy were not vigilant.

Moving off Scelerus had his first chance to see the Crows in action and the 505 didn't disappoint leaving the troublesome turrets empty for the time being. Of this he was glad, even more so as it appeared that the snipers had done their job so well that the rest of the traitor forces were still ignorant of their impending destruction.

All this changed however when a shot was fired from within the advancing Crows. The shot itself was laudable and blew yet another traitor guardsman off his feet, the wider implications though were far from rosy. Knowing now that he would not get the chance to do any quiet killing Scelerus fixed his combat blade to the bayonet lug of his hell gun on the move, something he had practiced many times given his penchant for close combat.

Then the firing started, the enemy were now well and truly on the alert, this was where the fun really began. Smiling in spite of himself Scelerus raised his gun and snapped off shots at the enemy all the while closing in. The first of the Crows fell, snapping his head around Scelerus saw that it was not in fact the traitors who were responsible but rather his own sergeant executing the man responsible for going off half cocked.

Right, so my boss is a psychopath. Fine. Scelerus thought, in truth he had both hoped for and expected some sort of punishment for the other sergeant but summary battlefield execution was generally the preserve of the commissariat, their reputation as callus sociopaths was well established. He should know, he almost was one.

All of this went through the young soldier's head in an instant, his prime focus was on the enemy. Unwilling to get bogged down in a long range fire fight with superior numbers Scelerus continued to press forwards as fast as he could so long as the rest of his squad remained close. Although he was eager to close however Scelerus was not suicidal, cover was still an excellent thing to his mind and he would use every available ounce.

Scelerus is surprised but not really very bothered to find that the sandman is a maniac with a love of fire discipline. He will fit his onyx blade to his rifle and press forwards getting as close to the enemy as possible while still being with the rest of the Crows and sticking to cover. Obviously he is also shooting at any and all targets of opportunity.

Gentleman of Moderation
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

OOC: Smiler, your character has Sergeant Herald "Nagger" Dobson, you already know why his name is Nagger XD.

Drainial, your character's sergeant is Stephan "Sandbox" Urban. Specialized in desert Operations.

Krau, your character's sergeant is Manor "Automaton" Baxer.
Specialized in the use of Heavy Weapon teams and base defenses.

505th squad's sergeant is Cirene "marker" Baxer, the sister of Manor Baxer.
Specialized in Assassinations on long range and legendary Markswomen of the Death Crows.

OOC: Special ops+Nick/Codenames=GI Joe, awesome job Bossman lol, but where’s Snow-job or Beachhead?

IC: The Crow's plan was simple and effective, Snipers would take out the heavy weapons then the remaining squads would storm the encampment taking out any resistants as stethlaly as possible. Shirley wasn’t a huge fan of stealth but stealth was better than dying he guessed. Sargent Dobson gave the order to go and the crows stormed the encampment.

As Shirley was vaulting over a short sandbag wall her heard a shot ring out, as soon as he hit the ground it seemed like the world around him exploded. Slamming into another sandbag wall he looked over and saw Sargent Stephan blast Sargent Herald through the head and then call him an idiot for alerting the defenders. Unfortunate he thought swinging his lasgun around but that’s what you get for going against orders in this unit, dully noted.

Shirley peered his head around the corner to get a glimpse of the situation. The crows were efficient he gave them that, the defensive turrets were down and also they had established a nice foothold in the traitors base. Shirley ducked back into cover before a trio of lasbolts exploded where his head was. Flicking his lasgun from safe to auto he shot over the wall, making the trooper who was shooting at him duck back into cover of his own. Ducking back down he looked around for Sargent Baxer who he found behind a pile of rubble loading another power pack into his rifle. Sargent, it appears stealth is no longer an option Shirley said checking the charge on his own rifle Orders?

Shirley will help provide covering fire for rest of squad while waiting for new orders from Sargent Baxer, also somewhat unfazed by the summary execution, thinking it was business as usual remembering the speech from earlier
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor

Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

The 505th up on the hill did thier job well damn well and he watched as the gunners around the cow's side of the compound fell one by one from thier posts. And without any of the others even taking notice, it appears these men really match thier reputation. As the count went out Jim braced hisself ready attack, the sergeant's fingers fell down one by one and as the last came down, Jim leapt forward, weaving between and through cover toward the outer edge of the traitor outpost. During the final dash to cover line some feth-wit decided it would be fun to start shooting and give them all away, and Jim was far from surprised to see that it was the pompous sergeant that fired the shot, though he was surprised by Dobson's reaction. Jim almost stopped in his tracks as "nagger" fell dead past him, but the whip and scythe of lasfire from the cultists defending the chapel drove him onward. He raised his new lasgun to his shoulder and braced... and was met by nothing, he pulled the trigger again. And again, but seemingly nothing happened. It wasn't until the fourth shot that Jim realised his gun wasn't jammed but simply didn't have the kickback he was used to from Mercy and the las tracers were near-invisible in the bright daylight. Jim Dropped into cover across from one of the sergeants, Baxer he though, and a trooper wearing a rebreather, he wasn't sure what how the chain of command worked now his CO was cut down, but the trooper voiced the question on his mind before he had to voice it, "Orders?"

waiting for Baxer to inform about the new plan
Opus vos liberaverit
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Modpost:

As the sergeant fell down on the ground, Baxer assumed command over both the 503 and his own squad, and quickly ordered the troops of the 503 to move in alongside the 504 and the 502.

Jim, who was kind of surprised about the sudden action of sergeant Urban. As the order to move out was clear for the rookie, he ewnt out of cover and started firing back at the cultists. Though most of his shots missed due to the expected recoil he would normally get from his shotgun, he quickly adjusted and shot a cultist in the shoulder. With a bleeding shoulder, he quickly withdrew. Jim held his position, waiting for the rest of his squad.

Scelerus attached his bayonet on his lasgun, as did his sergeant. With a mere gesture, sergeant Urban gave commands to his squad, who was seperated among the first two buildings. His orders were simple, move foward, use cover and kill on sight. With these orders, Scelerus selected a few of his fellow Crows to join him on his side, and he started to move around the corner. The former bodyguard hadn't learned his tricks and the moment a cultist jumped out of hiding, he dropped to the ground and started to fire. Scoring two hits, of which one lethal, Scelerus moved on.

Rolf wasn't that lucky however, with his order to being give covering fire for the rest he needed to be able to get out of cover and start firing, but he was under fire by cultists. To his luck, the snipers of the 505th had just reloaded and were ready to fire, taking out 5 of the 30 remaining cultists. Among these 5 were the ones attack his position. Seeing the auto cannon in good cover and with a clear view of his enemies, Rolf moved with a 2 other crows toward it. Knowing how to use a mounted gun, he quickly manned the Auto cannon, and requested one of the two to feed the gun ammo. The other lay on the ground right next between the sandbags. As they both started firing, the Cultists started to panic.

As they started with 60 soldiers, the traitor imperial guard, also known as cultists, started to panic as they lost 20 soldiers in no more than 15 minutes. With no turret support, and even being attack by their own turrets, they quickly lost their nerves. They started to go crazy and blindly charged the well trained crows.

Rolf is on the autocannon on the northeast side of the encampment. Scelerus moves along the left side of the northwest building and Jim is between both the buildings. Jim is being charged by 8 Cultists, with 6-ish crows behind him. Rolf was charged by 4 cultists until they saw that the auto cannon was active. Scelerus is being charged by 9 cultists, with the remaining sniper support of 6 snipers. Sergeant Urban is behind Scelerus and Sergeant Baxer is with Rolf. Good luck guys, -Maveric

Equipment:
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

Orders? Rolf said, getting ready to lay down some more covering fire. Sargent Baxer took a quick glance from behind his cover, ducking back before several las rounds missed him by a few inches. "I think i may have a plan trooper, see that autocannon over there? on my signal make a break for it and give em hell, i believe you know what to do, I will follow shortly" He said. Understood Sargent Rolf acknowledged nodding his head. "All right Crowes lets send these bastards to their dark gods!" Sargent Baxer yelled while he and a few troopers around him gave covering fire to Rolf as he dashed out of cover towards the autocannon. Thankful for the cover Rolf Ran behind the sergeant towards a set of stairs leading up to the platform with the autocannon on it (I’m guessing that the weapon emplacements are on a raised area around the perimeter of the fort/base) pausing briefly to shoot a small burst of fire at some of the heretics attempting to outflank the Sargent Baxer and the squad.

Jumping over the low wall guarding the back of the autocannon he quickly grabbed the firing handle and turned it around so it was facing the battle unfolding below. With as much care as he could in this situation, he put down his lasrifle beside him and checked the ammo counter and feed on the weapon system. Feeds clear, good sign, and counter is full, looks like they were expecting something, but i guess they weren’t expecting snipers he thought pulling back the action and locking a round into place. Quickly keying up his microbead (sorry if I’m taking liberties here but I’m assuming that they have microbeads being special ops and all) he radioed Sargent Baxer In Position Sargent, preparing to fire....keep your heads down don't really trust heritic equipment he said quickly lining up four cultist in his crosshairs, and squeezing the trigger. A few of the cultist exploded into a fine pink mist as Rolf quickly lined up another set of cultist to face the Emperor's Judgment. Moments later Sargent Baxer and another Trooper landed next to Rolf, "Nice shooting trooper, how are you on ammo for this thing?" Standard Cadian pattern Autocannon, I’m due for a reload after this next burst Sargent Rolf said squeezing off a few shots at some cultist running for cover. "You trooper keep him loaded while i mark targets for him" Sargent Baxer said to the trooper that followed him up there who responded with a nod and Yes Sir. The Trooper slammed a fresh magazine into the autocannon yelling "Loaded sir!", after pulling back the action and letting a round slide into the chamber Rolf glared at the trooper saying You don't have to be so rough with it quickly returning his look to the Sargent First target Sir?

Rolf will lay down heavy fire for the squad and blow some Heretics to tiny bits while taking firing directions from Sargent Baxer
[/i]
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

OOC: Blimey that was quick, things happen fast in the Imperial Guard it would seem.

IC: 'One down, about thirty more to go' Scelerus thought as he killed his first heretic of the day. The other crows were doing better than he and as he penetrated into the base itself more sniper fire and even a commandeered turret sent the traitor guard scattering. As the 502 made it to the buildings Scelerus was alongside his sergeant as the heretics discipline broke.

Normally this would have been a good thing and indeed it was here too but unlike any normal human troopers when broken these traitors displayed the fact that sanity was not in their job description. Charging forwards Scelerus found himself outnumbered several times over. Despite this the soldier merely smiled, he knew as they did that he was not truly alone, not with the snipers on high and the other Crow units also penetrating the compound. Those things aside he also had his trusty las rifle and his beloved dagger.
"Come into my parlour," he murmured

Dropping to one knee Scelerus switched from single shot to full auto and opened fire on the nine charging troopers, perhaps with a little help from his friends non would even reach him but secretly Scelerus hoped that at least a few of them would, he wanted blood on his bayonet and not in the euphemistic sense.

Scelerus will go to one knee, using any cover which happens to be around if any, and will hose down the charging traitors with full auto fire. If any of them make it to his position then he will lunge upwards from his crouch and try to stick them in the gut before proceeding to fight them hand to hand.

Gentleman of Moderation
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Just so you know, the time between modposts is 2 days. Because of my flaw of not mentioning it last time I will modpost tomorrow, early evening. You have until then to post, no post = a minor wound on your character. To those who have already posts, good job :D

Equipment:
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Jim nodded as Baxer gave the orders and reformed the crows to repulse the remaining cultists from the emperors holy ground. The tech-boy sprinted off under orders to spin the closest heavy weapon against the weapon and made fine use of it cutting down cultists in waves, it was obvious the traitor guard would brake soon. And brake they did, but these freaks did not work in the same way as sane men and as disorder overtook them they changed mindlessly at the crows. With about a half dozen cultists bearing down on him Jim took a step back to form up with the rest of his squad and dropped to one knee. He fired on full auto, spraying fire into the onrushing cultists while bracing his bayonet-tipped rifle ready to face the freaks head on, in his mind his old training taking over and the armsman-sergeant's shouted words HOLD DECK! echoed back to him

will fire into the cultists rushing him and ready to fight close quarters, taking the first cultist to reach him with the bayonet before using the weapon as a spear/quarterstaff

OOC: sorry about the short post, I really haven't had much time lately, so I've had to squish this in now.
Last edited by Smiler666 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opus vos liberaverit
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Modpost(sorry, Internet was too bad to post.)

Rolf had manned the gun and started laying down fire on the cultists. Thanks to the snipers, the defences of the cultists were useless to say the least, as they sniped every last one that tried to get to one of the other turrets. With the auto-cannon running full power, and death dealing, Rolf quickly requested targets from his sergeant. With a quick nod and a couple of blasts from the Las-rifle, Sergeant Baxer indicated the cultists that were heading straight for them. Rofl quickly loaded a bolt into the chamber and started to unleash the power of the Auto-cannon. Bits and pieces of the cultists bodies flew around, as the bullet clashed with their bodies.

Scelerus moved past the building as a true soldier would do. With his gun at the ready, he soon found himself directly charged by 9 of the cultists that have gone mad. With a quick shot in the head of the first one, Scelerus dropped to his knee, giving sergeant Urban a clear shot of the charging Cultists. With his finger, scelerus quickly switched his las-rifle to automatic, and started firing away. As 3 cultists were shot in the arm, leg or face, the remaining 6 were close enough. With a quick stab, followed by a couple of shots, Scelerus killed on off. Sergeant Urban still shot at the cultists, taking 1 out.

Jim gotten lucky, as getting himself in trouble with his sergeant who gotten executed in the field for mere stupidity, he was now being charged by gone mad cultists. With a quick reminder of his training, Jim switched his Las-rifle to automatic and dropped to a knee. A fellow crow sat next to him, as two lay down before them. The last three stood behind him in firing order. Seeing the organised formation of the crows, the cultists went berserk and started to over do things. The crows pulled the trigger, and all of a sudden, all the cultists went for the ground. Jim and his fellow soldiers laughed at the display, but they laughed too early. 2 cultists jumped up from the ground and were quickly in close combat with the crows in formation. Jim, however, jumped from his position and went for a well aimed stab in the heart of one of the cultists. The cultist growled as the onyx blade pierced his skin, bones and organ. The death of his brother made the last Cultist warry, and soon choose for the cowards way out. With a simple shot to the head, he executed himself as fear overtook him.

The four cultists that didn't charge were far smarter, and better trained then their foolings comrades. With notice of the auto-cannon, two made way for one of the rocket launchers. As the snipers didn't pay attention to the four, they quickly manned it and started to aim at the tower. The sound of a rocket being fired came as the cultist fired it off. Leaving a white smoke trail behind it, the rocket made way for Rolf, the crow and the sergeant. The sergeant was the first to notice, followed by Rolf. With a quick dismount, Rolf and the sergeant jumped off of the tower in a hurry, not caring how far it was. The last crow had noticed it as well, and made way for the same exit route. However, the crow wasn't fast enough. The moment he jumped, the rocket smashed itself into the auto-cannon, causing it to explode, along with the soldier. Steel sharts buried themselves into the back of the soldier, who fell down to the ground. Still being alive, he crawled to the nearest building. Rolf and the sergeant both grabbed the crow by the arms and helped him. "Stay with us soldier, you're going to get out of this hell hole alive!" Sergeant Baxer spoke to the crow, who nodded.

Jim is out of combat for now. Rolf is out of the turret and on the ground, behind the north east building. Scelerus is the only one still in combat, along with Sergeant Urban, against 4 remaining Cultists. The trooper is weakend yet not dead.

Equipment:
Krau27
Corsair

Post by Krau27 »

"3 Cultist 11'oclock!" Sargent Baxer said as Rolf swiveled the autocannon to meet the new threats "firing on target sergeant" Rolf said squeezing off another burst of autocannon fire at the cultist who tried to outflank them. If this keeps up this battle will be over momentarily Rolf thought squeezing off another burst of fire at some cultist trying to take cover behind one of the buildings. "RELOADED" The trooper who was helping Rolf and Sargent Baxer said loading another magazine into the autcaannon. Rolf cocked the heavy weapon and began to fire again but after several rounds the familiar staccato of the auto cannon was interrupted by a metallic clicking noise. With his extensive knowledge of heavy weapons Rolf immediately knew what was going on, picking up his lasrifle and using the bulk of the autocanon for cover he tuned to Sargent Baxer and said Weapon's jammed Sargent, providing covering fire. Sargent Baxer looked at the trooper who was with them and gave the order to un-jam the autocannon.

How could this get any worse Rolf Thought ducking down to reload his lasrifle when he heard the sergeant yell "Rocket! Bailout", and quickly jumped over the low guard wall of the weapons platform. As soon as he hit the ground Rolf heard the crump of an explosion followed by a whump of a body hitting the ground. Glancing over he saw the body of the trooper who was with them, quickly slinging his weapon he ran over to the trooper and, with the help of Sargent Baxer, drug him into one of the nearby buildings. "Stay with us soldier, you're going to get out of this hell hole alive!" Sargent Baxer said as he was applying basic first aid to the trooper who nodded. at least he isn't dead Rolf thought finishing his reload and leaning out the door to take a few pop shots and take a view of the situation.

From what he could see there were two groups, one group was about two buildings away, and the second was on the other side of the closest building, in a firing order, "Odd" Rolf said out loud seeing the firing order, "current situation does not call for that particular tactic, but it seems to be working....odd indeed". As Rolf pondered why the firing line tactic was working when statistically it shouldn’t, He was brought back to reality as a lasbolt grazed the side of his helmet causing him to fall back into the building. "You All right Trooper?" Sargent Baxer said glancing over at Rolf, "Yes Sargent, Just minor cosmetic damage done to helmet" he said straightening himself up against the door, "though i may have solved our rocket problem, though ill need some covering fire and one of the heretics lasguns" Sargent Baxer looked at Rolf quizzically pausing breifly from giving first aid to the trooper who was loading the autocannon, "What are you thinking trooper" he said with a skeptical tone. "Well Sargent a lasgun converts energy stored in the powerpack into a a high powered beam of light also known as a laser" Rolf Began leaning out of the door to Shoot at the trooper who grazed his helmet, while firing he continued "Its a relative simple task to take the energy converter and alter it so it overloads the weapon causing an explosion equivalent to that of a det-charge". "So what your saying is that you intend to take one of those lasguns, do some of your tech-magic on it, and use it to blow up the rocket emplacement" The Sargent said with an unbelieving tone "surely you’re not serious...". Rolf glared at the sergeant, though he couldn’t see it through the visor on his helmet, and said "Yes I am, and why does everyone call me Shirley."

Rolf, with Sargent Baxer's approval, will make a makeshift det-charge and attempt to blow up the rocket emplacement

OOC: The idea im using for the det-gun, is actually plausible (they did it in one of the Guants Ghost Novels), basically what happens is you take out the charge limiter so when you switch the gun from Safe (no charge going through the gun) to semi/auto (some energy/a lot more energy) the gun overheats and explodes, its kind of like throwing a battery into a fire but on larger scale, because as we know Lasgun=high-powered flashlight.
Group 31 RPG
Kahlir Halath'tor

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

'God emperor give me stupid enemies and I will pile them at your feet,' Scelerus thought as he and his sergeant gunned down the larger part of the cultists before they could close. There were still a few left however and so he now found himself outnumbered in close combat.

"For the emperor!" The familiar battle cry tripped off his lips like a song as he lunged forwards from his crouch and slammed his blade into the stomach of the first traitor, squeezing the trigger Scelerus blew the twisted and pathetic excuse for one of the emperor's true subjects back off his precious combat knife. She had drunk blood already but there was plenty more to be spilled. Dashing forwards towards the next cultist in line Scelerus lunged high, perhaps to blind the traitor or slam his blade straight through the brain pan before smashing the stock of his rifle into the man's stomach. This was the emperor's work.

"They don't like it up 'em" to quote a certain corporal Jones. Scelerus will attack the nearest traitor in close combat and try to take him down as quickly as he can doing all he can to avoid being in combat with more than one of them at once and rather hoping that Urban will pitch in.

Gentleman of Moderation
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Jim grinned at the well organised massacre of the traitor dogs charging the little squad around him, but he didn't get much chance to celebrate before two of the apparently dead cultists scrambled up and resumed thier charge. Almost out of instinct Jim dived forward and buried his bayonet in the closest one's chest and watched as the other decided to take his own life. Jim stared at the cultist on the ground in front of him for a moment before putting a few rounds in his head just to be sure, muttering "what the hell keeps these freaks going?"

The sound of explosive ordinance brought him back to his senses a moment later, and he looked up to see the autogun emplacement, the factor that had helped them win most of the battle, a smoking wreck and a short contrail linking it to another heavy weapons platform nearby. With no leadership at hand Jim decided to take matters into his own hands, calling "with me, take up positions below that tread-fether" to the men who had formed up around him in the firefight and fully expecting to be ignored, Jim dashed to the blind spot at the base of the small tower the rocket launcher sat atop of and took cover.

will run for the base of the rocket launcher tower and take cover there (I am assuming there is a tower based on the fact that the autocannon was on one), probably meeting Rolf there

ooc: not sure if I have gone too far forward there, just stop Jim where you think appropriate if I have bossman.
Opus vos liberaverit