What if evryone on druchii.net stopped buying warhammer?

Got something to talk about? Be it video games, other tabletop or card games, even random stuff - this is the place to post!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Crazyhorse
Highborn

What if evryone on druchii.net stopped buying warhammer?

Post by Crazyhorse »

I am wondering how many small countries we could all buy. No the real question I wanted to know is how much do you think you spend on warhammer a month and then in a year?

Month: I would say 25 to 100 dollars

Year: 300 to 500 dollars

I am sorry if there is a thread like this already, I did not find it.
But truly I am sure with asari.org and asur.org we could buy a country ;).
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
Carl weathers
Warrior

Post by Carl weathers »

My army is pretty much complete, but factoring in paint, brushes and sundry elements to add to my army, its about $15-$20 monthly, and about 2-3 hundred yearly. Not so bad when compared to the players on Underempire or Da Warpath, I think!
"The slow blade penetrates the shield."
Neferata
Cold One Knight

Post by Neferata »

I'd say something around 10-15£ a month perhaps... But I must add, Warhammer is the most cost worthy investment I've ever done. "Nothing" has brought me the same amount of joy for the same money. Instead of buying miniatures I would have been able to afford perhaps a moped or something which I'd have fun with for half a year or something. So I'm not regretting those 10£ a month, quite the opposite actually :D.

N.
Dear Druchii and fellow gamers,
What part of; "Thou shalt not kill" did you not understand?

Scandinavia Alp Hunters
W 10; D; 4 L; 2
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

These days I don't spend that much money on WH...this, however, is due to the fact that in addition to all the painted minis (and there are lots of those) I have like 1,5 armies not or half-assembled and unpainted. In short, for the time being, I have all the models to finish any Druchii army I'd ever want to field, as well as replace most of the old Asrai minis with the new ones I've already bought.

my Last.fm page in case anyone is interested...
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

I try not spend much at all these days. I'm much more patient these days to find good deals on eBay and the like to the point where I've barely spent any money in the last year or so on figs. Still likely $100 a year though on various stuff I suppose though.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Lets see, the last thing I bought was the new Eldar Codex, and I think that was it. Before that, it was the when the Wood Elf batallion came out. I spend very little on GW products any more. Most of my money is spent on guns and ammo these days....
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Hali
Grand Executioner

Post by Hali »

I don't buy on a monthly period. Alot of my things are ordered in from elsewhere in the country/world so in order to save money, i buy bulk in about 6 month periods, can go longer when I have lots to do. But then the orders tend to spend alot larger, so when i do get models in I spend AUD$200+.

But i'm quite good, i don't get suckered into impusle buying. Although i've saved money from not buying White Dwarf. That magazine is just so lacking in content the past year it's been really depressing. they fill it up with pretty pictures, but there's just nothing to read like in the older ones. Battle Reports have been fast tracked and you get a deflated feeling of not even reading a "Battle" anymore. Old ones where a good long read with great theatrical's added into the actual game facts.

But I'm going off topic. More or less with the elimination of White Dwarf over the past year it's money that i think has been well saved.
Thalon
Executioner

Post by Thalon »

I've restarted Warhammer last year after stopping it because of too small budget about 8 years ago.

I've bought additional 5k Druchii-Army (so my collection is about 6-7k points) and a 5k lizardmen-army.
In additon some other stuff (colors, a gaming desk, terrain, ...)

So I think in total I spent 2.000€ in last 9 months.

It should dramastically decrease in next time :)
The next really interesting thing is the new druchii-edition 8)

Thalon
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

The odd codex/armybook or paint pot. I'm keeping it real these days 8)
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Due to inactivity I hevn't bought anything in a year and a half. Now, I'm first going to finish painting my army (still 1.6K to paint) so I'll buy only a few paint-pots and that's it. I predict 100$ by the end of the year.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Minsc
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Minsc »

Paints and Brushes (?).

I got:
40k:

Eldar (~5000 pts) - 85% painted, 45% based
Thousand Sons (~3000 pts) - 15% painted, 0% based

WFB:

Wood Elves (~8000 pts) - 80% painted, 20% based
Dark Elves (~5000 pts) - 15% painted, 5% based

So i got quite some stuff to finnish before I get new modells :roll:
Skulls for khaine
Executioner

Post by Skulls for khaine »

I easily spend 8k a year on my "hobby". Altho it does not all go to GW as I am currently paying 2k to get an army painted for me in Poland.
This is just Canadian money tho!
Dancingpigeon
Highborn

Post by Dancingpigeon »

Hmm... I thought I was bad, but it appears not as bad as many :roll:

I've bought 1000pts of Orcs (90% assembled), 2500pts of Druchii (50% painted), 1500pts of Tomb Kings (80% painted), 2500pts of Eldar (50% painted), various paints, glues and brushes and a few chaos space marine models, mixed in with the odd showpiece miniature in the last year (EDIT).
Last edited by Dancingpigeon on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venkh wrote:But then if wishes were fishes, Id be captain birdseye.
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

I've also started to lower the amount of money spent on WH. At the moment, the last thing I bought was the Tyranid Codex, and before that, the Wood Elf army book. It's basically just paints and brushes. And the WD that comes in the mail once a month :P

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Icon hack
Druchii Anointed
Druchii Anointed

Post by Icon hack »

The first two years that I got into this, I probably spent about $1500 on Warhammer and 40K figures. Then GW upped prices a few times and I stopped buying. I've probably spent less than $250 total in the last two years.

Pretty basic economics, really.
Wishing everyone the very best, to the end of your days.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

I dont' buy much WH these days, let alone play! :(
I reckon most folk 'ere already have their armies so it would have little impact.

The real money comes from new players imo.

Fr0