Some Chaos Warriors of Nurgle

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Seanzala
Death Jester

Some Chaos Warriors of Nurgle

Post by Seanzala »

Hey Guys,

I have for you here some pictures of my latest work, Nurgle Chaos Warriors. I realise that the bases and the skulls on the back aren't finished, but I had already taken the photos. Anyway, what do you think?

Front

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/ ... CF1533.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/ ... CF1536.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/ ... CF1537.jpg

Individual Model

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/ ... CF1540.jpg

Back

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/ ... CF1544.jpg

Sean
Corywalker
Warrior

Post by Corywalker »

i personally like them.

they do, look, nurglish... no thats not an insult.
Deathwing
Cold One Knight

Post by Deathwing »

hey Sean, they look cool. the only thing I´m not sure about are the shields. they look like they´re not finished?
but yes, I like em.
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Thanks for the comments guys.

Deathwing, the shields are finished, but I am not 100% happy with the way they turned out either. I might redo them later, but for now I have to get the rest of the army painted for GT!

Sean
Hali
Grand Executioner

Post by Hali »

Yeha the metalics are lovely imo. They have a lovely subtle green tinge to them, but still hold that nice metalic look. The shields are a bit questionable. I think that they nutgle signs on them come out too far. They don't sit as close and flsh with the shield's shape. And then the pianting on the shield doesn't seem up to the standard at which you've executed the metalic armour.

Atm i think it's only the shields that are letting you down a little bit. Because the body of the models and thier cloaks do look really good. The boots might need a tiny bit more highlighting when you get a chance aswell, and i'm sure you allready know about the unpainted skulls hanging off the back of thier cloaks.

Solid work though Sean, the bases don't steal the scene and the unit looks pretty good together. I'd say when you've got a bit of time to go back over some of the work, it might be worth that little bit extra.
Deathwing
Cold One Knight

Post by Deathwing »

seanzala wrote:Thanks for the comments guys.

Deathwing, the shields are finished, but I am not 100% happy with the way they turned out either. I might redo them later, but for now I have to get the rest of the army painted for GT!

Sean

cool, make them ugly and disgusting.;)

g´d luck for the GT.
Mennorach
Beastmaster
Location: on the wrong side of a town in the middle of Finland

Post by Mennorach »

the models look great but the nurgle icon on their shields is too thick...
Make it flatter or something, and theyr be fine ;)

btw...
how did you paint the fur on theyr shoulders?
"If they're better at the game than you are, change the rules."
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

The fur was painted snot green, highlighted with Rotting Flesh and then given a brown ink. It also works well if you replace the snot green with Dark angels green, but then the ink isn't as prominent. As for the metal, I painted it with a Boltgun basecoat and then picked out the details with brazen brass. Following that, I gave it a brown ink with a green ink straight after, without letting the brown dry. This is so that each model looks slightly different from each other. You could try switching around the order in which the inks are done to get a slighly different effect.

Sean
Slayer69
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slayer69 »

NICE! They look really good.
I especially like the fur. It is very well done.
The unit looks like a complete body...great sense of unity.
Slayer
Reaper
Daemonic aura
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daemonic aura »

Great job on those Sean. I especially like the armour; after experimenting with nurgle colour schemes i can appreciate just how hard it is to come up with something that looks nurgley without looking naff, and you have achieved that here. My only criticism is the shields; they do look too big, and a bit too much like jewels. I think if you add more GS to show pustules and tentacles etc. bursting and grasping from the shields, they will look better.

But overall, great job!
to be the man, you've got to beat the man.
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

the models are coming along pretty well. they look very nurgly, however if you can master the effect of putting blood and gore on the weapons i feel it would greatly enhance the models overall look.
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Malificant
Highborn

Post by Malificant »

i dont like the red cloaks. call me cliche, but i think the cloaks should be either a pale green or a rotting flesh color, kinda like flayed skin.
Lethalis wrote:Large units in general are not very advisable for Elves in general. Generally, a general knows that Elves in general are generally weak and have low armour to sport, and Executioners follow this general trend.