The Druchii.net Battle Records

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

The Druchii.net Battle Records

Post by Kinslayer »

Welcome to The Druchii Battle Records

This thread is a place for you to submit a summary form of any battle you have played using the Druchii. You can submit any battle but a summary is required to make sure your not making up the battle. To submit a game simply follow the instructions below and you will be awarded points towards your score. Anyone who has submitted a game gets their name on the Masters of The Druchii leaderboard below.

If your wondering what the point behind this is, it is simple. The Druchii Battle Records will become both a collections of battles members have played which they can browse through at a later time to locate old games. More importantly, it lets us see who the real master of the Druchii are, as they will have their names at the top of the leaderboard.

----------

You can only submit records for games you played with the Dark Elves, as we dont want the thread cluttered up with results from games where you played with one of the lesser races, especially if it was our hated kin. The idea is to record the best Druchii players, so Dark Elves only please.

In order to report a battle you must use the following form:

Username: This is where you fill in your username and make it easier for the updater to update your score.
Result: This is where you fill in the result you scored. We're only counting Wins, Draws and Losses (so it doesn't matter whether you massacre someone or merely score a minor victory).
Game Size: The point allowance you had to field your army at the start of the game.
Opponent's Army: Who are you fighting against? Knowing your enemy is half the battle. Pretty self explanatory, huh?
Special Circumstances: If the battle was a special scenario, team battle or megabattle of some sort, state those special circumstances here.
Summary: Type a short summary of the battle, recommended at about 50-100 words. This is to make sure that your are not making up your battles just to show off on the internet and really are a master of the druchii.

The following code can be copy-pasted your post:

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Result:[/b]
[b]Game Size:[/b]
[b]Opponent's Army:[/b]
[b]Special Circumstances:[/b]
[b]50-100 Word Summary:[/b]

Simply submit a reply with that information as described above, and i will do the rest. Good luck!

The Points System
points will be awarded in the following way, and kept up to date in this thread. As you can see, you do not get points if you lost but you will still get one point for submitting the battle, and you will in total get 4 points for submitting a draw and 6 points for submitting a victory. Each person who replies will get their own tally below.

+ 1 point - submitting a report
+ 0 points - loss
+ 3 points - draw
+ 5 points - win
Last edited by Kinslayer on Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Masters of The Druchii
I have put a new, hopefully better, system into place whereby your score is now equal to the number of games you have submitted subtracted from your total points. This means more wins will put you higher up on the leaderboard, as long as its consistent!

score - name (# of points, # of battles submitted)

57 - Alkatchoff (79, 22)
48 - The Golden Arrow (60, 12)
26 - Omnichron (33, 7)
25 - Cathel (30, 5)
23 - Thomus Darkblade (28 ,5)
18 - Vicinity (22, 4)
15 - Archon_Matt (18, 3)
15 - Silverheimdall (18, 3)
15 - WalrusM3 (20, 5)
13 - Dangerous Beanz (19, 6)
10 - Aspiring Executioner (12, 2)
10 - Dalamar (12, 2)
10 - fea Keme (12, 2)
5 - Coeur de Lion (7, 2)
5 - Gear22 (8, 3)
5 - Malcom (8, 3)
5 - Rebmonk (6, 1)
5 - Romulus68 (35, 7)
5 - shinankoku (6, 1)
5 - Wrath (6, 1)
3 - - Human (4, 1)
3 - Malekith's psychologist (5 , 2)
0 - Layne (1, 1)
Last edited by Kinslayer on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 55 times in total.
The golden arrow
Cold One Knight

Post by The golden arrow »

Username: The Golden Arrow
Result: Win
Game Size: 2250
Opponent's Army: Dwarfs

Summary: I field a list with 3 lvl 2 sorceresses and a lord with exec axe and and assasin to fling round. My darkriders took out his western boltthrower but they paid for it with their lives as the thing blew up. My harpies also died after charging an organ gun, but they did their job and silenced it forever. At this point I got a little overenthiusiastic and charged my lord into a bolt thrower and my assasin into the cannon. Here I learned (once again) how hard dwarven crews are. His master engineer killed my assasin and his bolt thrower held against my lord and he could charge him with a unit of longbeards. Despite being hopelessely outnumbered he stood for two combat rounds before he fled (and failed to rally and fled off the board :().

He had held up the enemy long enough for my hydra to charge their rear though and even though the dwarfs were though and stood for a long time they eventually fled and were devoured by my hydra. His other longbeards with lord killed off my black guards, but my warriors killed his so I won the game although not by a very large margin.

Opponent's Army: Chaos, old list with daemons in it.

My opponent fielded a very small chaos list with a Tzeentch dragon (almost a third of his army) three chariots and some chosen knights + some screamers, furies, warhounds and two more heroes.

On the right flank his screamers killed my bolt thrower but they were eventually defeated by my dark riders (in combat). One of his chariots went through my shades and I fled a charge with my warriors, it was eventually destroyed by my dreadlord.

The real fighting happened in the middle though. I charged a chariot and some darkriders into his dragon. He scrolled my attempt to fly my lord in though so he beat them (and only took a single wound). However he pursued into my warriors with assasin. My assasin challenged and did a sinlge wound and were of course slaugthered in return. I won combat by two though and the big sizzy fled. Next turn my sorceress flew out of the unit with steed of shadows (it's a really good spell if you have foot character) and slew the dragon. The rest of the game was mopping up. I killed his chosen knights, a chariot and one character with metal magic, my black guards with lord killed the other hero and the furies and my hydra killed his chariot (actually it fled into a ruin and destroyed itself) and the losts hounds. His army was wiped and I had most of mine left, massacre to the dark elfes.

I will add more games, but can't stand writing anymore right now.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I myself have only played a single battle with our beloved race recently, about a month back, and am otherwise working on my army building instead. Heres what i got from that one battle:

User Name: Heartrender
Result: loss
Game Size: 2000
Opponent: Wood Elves
Summary: i had cold one knights in my center and riders out to the flanks, a level 4 pegasus causing mischeif in the enemy scouts and my lvl2 chillwinding the glade guard so things were looking up. 2 RBT wounded the treeman but he just stomped towards them and killed both crews by turn 5, still alive. My downfall was the center when i forgot cold ones cause fear and so took fear tests from dryads and both units ran and were cut down, thanks to bad rolls. This makes up for the fact i also had forgot my stupidity rolls so we called it fair. All together i lost and my brother had treeman, a few scouts and a noble left alive.
Wrath
Slave on the Altar

Post by Wrath »

Username:Wrath
Result:Win
Gamesize:2000
Opponent:Empire
Summary:Basically my opponent had an empire infantry gunline with lots of SCR and guns while i had a balanced "terror" army inc a hydra and a dragon lord, also with shadowblade. Shadow blade came out in turn 2 killing off one cannon then going into the rear of a hand gunner unit which much to my dismay killed him by turn 5 but he took them with him.

In the center however my and dragon symeltaniously flew threw a unit of 30 spearmen each by turn 3 and hit his unit of greatswords with lord and bsb and killed them resulting in a win.

Although I don't think I'll hear the end of it about shadowblade :( I knew handgunners were overpowered.....
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

Have had 4 battles since the new edition came out, and I must say that I am very satisfied with the results after some really tough battles.

Username: Omnichron
Game Size: 1500
Opponent's Army: Vampire counts
Summary: I fielded warriors with a master with crimson blade and armor of darkness, two sorceresses in each crossbowmen squad, 2 x Dark Riders, witches, cold one knights and war hydra. My opponent had some etherals, a close combat vampire together with some undead wolves, lots of skeletons with a vampire in, and another vampire together with one of two ghoul units.

My sorceresses proved superior, blasting away the left flank with all the heavy magic. My lord with his warrior unit managed to meet the etherals head on, killing them with the master's magic blade and sheer numbers, while my war hydra took out his close combat vampire and wolves on the right flank. My witches and warrior squad went on taking the rests head on and broke them down. I only lost a dark rider unit who got the unlucky retreat roll of 4, while my sorceress killed almost all the crosbowmen in her squad with her dagger :lol:

Result: Draw
Opponent's Army: High Elves
Summary: I used the same army as the one I won with against vampire counts. He made an anti-magic shooting army with 2 mages, a hero who could cast magic, 2 shooting units on each flank, phoenix guard in the middle and 2 RBT's back on a hill.

My friend knew about my army, and decided to use fire lore together with his high elf lore. In the battle, I lost my war Hydra quite early, and my left flank with witches and crossbowmen broke down. My sorceresses were useless as he had too much dispel dices and scrolls, and so it was up to my knight and warriors to do the rest. When I finally came close, I broke the right flank and middle entirely, and in the end I got a draw which almost was a win for me.

Opponent's Army: Vampire Counts
Summary: This was the hardest battle I have ever had. I fielded a dreadlord with exec axe and blood armor with black guards who had Haeg Greaf Standard, a caddie, 2 assassins with Touch of deah and rune of khaine, one with a big corsair unit (who had sea serpent standard) and one with a small units of witches. I also fielded another witch unit, cold one knigs, 2 dark rider units and 2 war hydras.

I met blood knights unit (with vampire), 10 black knights (with regen banner, vampire and vampire lord), 2 ghoul units, black coach (or however it is written) another wagon of something, 3 dead wolves units.

This battle, I really misjudged distances, making me pay dearly as he got to charge me in the middle with black knights and coach, killing off one of my hydras, corsairs with assassin, and witches with assassin. I only managed to kill one black knight with one of the assassins, but killed his lord with his second. I outflanked his right with knights, hydra and riders, followed by witches. They took out tons of Zombied that he got through with magic, and all but the witches continued to take his ghouls and wagon in the back... but due to unlucky rolls, I didn't manage to take them down at all and was tied up. In the end, my black guard and exec lord killed off the coach, blood knights (and the vampire) that had taken my left flank, and was well on their way with the black knights before the fight was over. Another draw where I was close to minor victory.

Summary: With experiences from my last battle, I fielded a master with crimson blade and armor of darkness with Black guards (with haeg greaf), Dark elf warriors with a sorceress (sacrifical dagger), and an assassin in a corsair unit (sea serpent standard). I also fielded cold one knights, dark riders and a war hydra. I met RBT's, Knights (with noble), phoenix guard, those skirmish shooters with hate, spearelves (with mage) and swordmasters.

As all other battles, my opponent were passive and didn't move anything else than his knights, while he shot down alot of my knights on the left flank. I advanced with all my units, and crushed him completely in close combat as I managed to trick his knights with riders. In turn 5, he had only his knights left when we ended. I had lost my knights, and won with a massacre.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Sounds fun, I'll start with today since I can't/shouldn't recollect battles from before now.

Username: Dalamar
Game Size: 2000pts
Opponent's Army: Druchii :wicked:
Special Circumstances: Straigth on Pitched Battle, testing GT armies
Summary: Two armies, almost mirror images of each other. On my side Dragon, Manticore, 3x 5 dark riders, 3x 5 harpies, 2x 5 shades and 2 hydrae.
On the other end Supreme Sorceress, 2 sorceresses all on dark steeds, 3x 5 dark riders, 4x 6 harpies, 8 shades with assassin, 2 hydrae
Testing ring of hotek army against magic heavy army. To be honest, there wasn't a magic phase without at least one miscast, not all of them caused by RoH but the ring helped immensely.
Two insanely fast armies running around one another in circles, mine proved to have more punch (dragon + manticore) while being able to mostly negate the enemy's punch (magic) resulting in empty table at the end.

Username: Dalamar
Opponent's Army: Chaos Daemons
Special Circumstances: As above, testing before GT
Summary: This time small modification on my side - MORE HARPIES. one less unit of shades, 2 more units of harpies!
the demons were full mix of all gods, two units of horrors, two units of seekers with guess what banner? :P two units of flesh hounds, all topped with two units of furies (lots of twos <.<), two heralds of tzeentch on their silly flying chariots and block of plaguebearers with bsb herald.
Lots of flying around and avoiding unfavorable fights, magic was reduced to mostly uneffective bit (all hail RoH!) except for last few turns when my opponent stubbornly refused to roll a double on three dice, keeping my dragon in spot for two full turns (with beast cowers). This is where harpies proved priceless, taking on the charge from flesh hounds and saving the dragonlord from being hard pressed by those damn doggies.
Last turn saw a plaguebearer sandwich, with two hydrae attacking one from front and one from rear, killing the herald (who took a wound from flaming breath some turns before) and removing the regeneration from the unit, allowing the second hydra to rack up CR. I'm pretty sure poor beasties got some stomach problems now, munching on so many nurglesque daemons.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Awesome Idea! I've wanted to keep a record of my battles that I've fought so this is perfect! I want to get into writing battle reports as often as I can and to make them an enjoyable yet informative read: this thread combined with the recent edition of the new book (meaning I can re-start my somewhat atrocious victory tally effectively!) is a brilliant way of doing so whilst showing off my not so 1337 skills HAHA!! :D

Might I suggest we add another 'sub heading' called Date? That way I can more easily pin point the game in my memory :D

Username: Dangerous Beans
Date: Saturday 9th August 2008 (In Gamesworkshop Oxford against a younger lad there named Matt)
Game Size: 1000pts
Special Circumstances: None - it was a Pitched Battle.
Summary: I took a list with a Hydra and 5 Cold One Knights: the Hydra advanced up the right flank and torched 5 dire wolves, the Cold Ones failed stupidity and walked into the middle of the field only to be charged by Ghouls, Black Knights and a wizard-like Vampire. The Cold Ones held and a mass combat emrboiled with me piling in a large unit of Warriors and Hydra. I came out top in the end by killing the Vampire General - the undead crumbled.

Date: Monday 11th August 2008 (in my first appearance at the Oxford Gaming Club against Leo)
Result: Loss
Opponent's Army: Empire
Special Circumstances: none - another Pitched battle.
Summary: see the batrep [url]HERE[/url]

Date: Wednesday 13th August 2008 (round at my house against Steve)
Game Size: 2500pts
Opponents Army: Vampire Counts
Special Circumstances: the game was in the 'Battlefield Supremacy' format.
Summary: I'll be writing the report later so I'll edit this post with the link to the full Batrep (its going to be very well detailed - every spell cast was recorded etc).

Please don't mind the following little section its just for me to copy and paste next time I report a battle without the effort of typing them out (how lazy am I?! :P)

Username:
Date:
Result:
Game Size:
Opponent's Army:
Special Circumstances:
Summary:

Thanks again Heartrender - this is another fantastic idea of yours! Truly you are an ingenious Druchii! :D

- Beanz
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Dangerous Beans wrote:Might I suggest we add another 'sub heading' called Date?

please explain what you mean? You can post more games at a later date in another reply, and your score gets updated and you move up and down the leaderboard so to speak. Im not sure what you meant by Date,

Dangerous Beans wrote:Thanks again Heartrender - this is another fantastic idea of yours! Truly you are an ingenious Druchii! :D

I know ;) but thanks anyway!
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Sorry dude, I'll explain more clearly (I was far too excited reading this first to come across as even marginally comprehendable! :D)

I meant more for our own personal record - a little like a war diary if you like: that way, in 6 months when I want to remember some of my original victories I can do so quite easily.

Its not much and having said that the druchii.net posting/reply system has a built in date system so its no biggie!

I was just reckoning if theres any other scatterbrained gamers out there who'd like a more easy way to locate a specific game's detail that they played a long time ago, then recording the date in *this* thread (not the compilation) would be a great asset! I'm forever losing diaries and books that I use to organise myself - and can't really be arsed attempting to keep a track of my victories/losses in a little book when the net is far more accessable and doesnt lose things!
The 'competition' aspect is a bonus that entices me to record the victories and losses and so will be fairly accurate :D

I hope I'm making sense! Anyway no sweat if not it'll just be a little extra detail for me add so that should I ever want to find an old game I'd recorded then I can so more easily.

Just an idea ;)

- Beanz

edit: gah stupid Error 500 again - sorry in advance if this double posts!
The golden arrow
Cold One Knight

Opponent's Army: Scaven

Summary: I played a combat list with cauldron and quite a lot of infantry this time. My hydra went trough some plague monks (they rallied later though, like all the rest of his units, Scaven aren't supposed to do that). My unit of black guards also went trough his grey seer with bell unit. He did some nasty damage with magic though (and the bell frightened my dark riders off the board), not rolling a single miscast even thoguh casting more than 4 spells on three dice near my ring of hotec. Vermintide is nasty against msu elves. I also rolled like crap the last two turns (his storm vermin (with 8 in static combat ress, but anyway) beat my spears with +1 attack and warbanner and ran them down even if I had bsb nearby for instance) so he got enough points to secure a draw.

Opponent's Army: Tomb Kings

Summary: Same army as last game.

The hydraones again performed. This time it went through a unit of of 3 chariots (that charged it) and later a unit of skeletons (with the help of a chariot). My black guards fought against his tomb guards with king. He won the first round and they fled, but managed to outrun their pursuers and rally. They then battled the tomb guards over some turns killing the whole unit off and crumbling his king (+1 attack black guards are so freaking good).

My witch elves and bsb in chariot wiped a unit of skeletons on the charge and the witches overrun into some Ushabties. They got a skeleton unit with icon bearer in their flank, but wasn't daunted in the least. Instead they slaugthered the Ushabties (only two left after shooting) and also killed his icon bearer. They fled from the skellies next round though but also outrun them (these skellies were charged by the hydra). Overall it was a real massacre for the Druchii.

Summary: Fielded the first list iwth magic and Exec axe.

Not much to say about this game. My magic fluffed big time and he rolled pretty hot. My spearmen with two sorceresses and assasin paniced when some shades fled through them and after having rallied they paniced again (off the board) when the same shades were wiped in combat. I gave up in my turn three as my hydra was facing a wraith unit and my black guards with lord looked pretty lonely against most of his army (I had a unit of rxb that were going to be charged by a Varghulf and some dark riders and harpies, but they couldn't do anything really).
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Username: WalrusM3
Opponent's Army: Daemons of chaos

Summary: Lots of excuses to why I lost. Mainly my fault! To was all due to me very excited to use my new dark pointy earred freaks for the first time at my house against one of my friends. I really just set up the terrain everywhere randomly, realising that my army mainly consisting of Cold one knights had few options and was to the infantry daemon army's advantage.
When the battle begun, I really want to try out my cold one knights and general that when my army went forward and sent them through the gap first. I succesfully killed four bloodletters and the unit was reduced to only the battle standard left,which trapped the unit to a vulnerable charge from the daemonettes of my right with no help. That's was when I forgot the cold ones could attack and would of made a difference with just one wound!
As a result they hit my flank and lost the combat by two and caused them to run and the daemonettes hit into the corsair unit. The assassin appear and did an amazing three kills (would of been five if it wasn't for their accursed ward saves), with the reaver doing one wound. But lost again by four and ran.

That was the main cause for the defeat. Eagerness, reckless and careless. Heehee, but oh well, if I get a second chance I promise it will be devastating since I could of easily won that for the reasons I already explained.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Username: WalrusM3
Result: win
Opponent's Army: Vampire count

Summary: This battle was a little sucidal but, I charged head out with two units of ten cold one knights and my general. It would of been harder if it weren't for one of my sorceress using bladewind and killing three bloodkeep knights.
That was when he tried to use what remained to hold my knights off but didn't work. My cold one knights kept running through them, until one overran too far and the other got trap and was soon swallowed by hordes of undead.
In the end I killed his general with my corsairs and won the combat. Afterwards his army fell apart, but with the sucidal charge, all my cold one knights, with the exception of my general were dead. (Who says you shouldn't have so many cold ones :D)
Sanity... is for the weak!
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Thanks for the replies, ive begun updating the "Masters of the Druchii" leaderboard now, highest scoring at the top and if 2 members have the same score they go alphabetically, that seems fair. Good to see so many of you playing plenty of games :)
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I need to get more games in :P

To make it fair you should also sort it according to games played
So two people with same amount of points but one of them played more games, the one with more games played would end up higher.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

no, because the 'score' is not equal to the points you have received. I take your total points and divide it by the number of games submitted which makes everyones score fair. The leaderboard is in order of score, not orders of points.

For example,
one person has submitted 5 games and has 20 points, their score is 4.
another has submitted 100 games and has 400 points, their score is also 4.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

But the person who submitted 100 games has more consistent score across the board, their result is more reliable than someone who had 1 (or 2) win and that's it, sitting permamently on top of the list, especially if that someone's name starts with a low letter... like I don't know... D perhaps? :P
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Alkatchoff
Corsair

Post by Alkatchoff »

Great idea for a thread! I'll contribute what I can:

Username: Alkatchoff
Special Circumstances: First game with the new book!
50-100 Word Summary: A couple of things went wrong in this one:
1. Despite getting 3 or 4 flank shots with RBT's at my opponent's hammer unit of Inner Circle Knights with Kurt Helborg and Ludwig Schwarzhelm, all I managed to do was kill a knight or two. Said unit went on to wipe out my Dreadlord + Cold Ones, a block of spear warriors and an RBT.
2. The Hydra failed to finish off a mounted Warrior-Priest and a unit of Knights despite 3 turns of combat. The Hydra lost due to Schwarzhelm's Banner being close in the last turn and fled.

Username: Alkatchoff
Game Size: 1000pts
Special Circumstances: Testing a 1000pts list for an upcoming tournament.
50-100 Word Summary: Just a complete disaster of a game. After two turns, it looked like an easy Dark Elf win. Not so. Luthor Huss managed to kill my Peggy Noble who fluffed his charge (sigh), and then overran into my shades, annihilating them. In the center, A block of Greatswords with BSB weathered a Black Guard charge, beat them by one on combat res and ran them down (I hate my dice), overrunning into my spearmen and promptly beating them, capturing a second banner. In the final moment of the game, a lone Dark Rider charged the front of an Outrider unit, while 6 harpies charged it in the flank. The Outriders avoided any harm, killed the Dark Rider and two harpies, running down the other harpies.

That'd be my first two games with the new Dark Elf book.
Next time, I'll try a list with a Dragon Supreme Sorceress and lots of Dark Riders!
The golden arrow
Cold One Knight

Once again I used my list with a lot of magic and executioners axe.

I deployed heavily on the right with black guards, spearmen (with lord and assasin) and a chariot. They walked forward and crushed his spears and phoenix guard with bsb. My shades charged his chariot in the flank after I baited it with harpies. They only did 2 wounds in three rounds of combat and was eventually ran down. My hydra did equally poorly, being killed by three dragon princes (it had lost 2 wounds to shooting and they hit with all their 7 attacks and wounded with 6 of them).

My shooting and magic di pretty nicely. One crossbow unit, an rbt and my mages destroyed a spear unit, whittled his white lions down to just one and the lord (lots of points left there) and killed off the stray chariot and dragon princes. All in all it was a majot win to the druchii.

Summary: Username: The Golden Arrow

Summary: The first turns went badly with him dancing his wraiths into my hydra (they stood there for the rest oft he game) and me only getting one spell through the first two turns. His lone vampire also charged into my black guards and killed a sorceress and survived 3 turns until he could dance some grave guard with bsb in as well. My crossbows did shoot down his varghulf in two rounds of shooting though.

When things went to combat things imroved a lot. My black guard (with lord) killed off his grave guards in two rounds of combat and my spears with assasin took a charge from 15 ghouls and about as many skeletons and completely annaliated them. they then charged a corpse cart killed it and overrun just short of his lord's unit. His lord then left the unit to have any chanse of surviving, but I magiced him to death in aone turn. His units crumbled and I finished of the skellies and wraiths which led me to a massacre victory.

Summary: My opponent fielded a high elf army with a lot of swordmasters, a unit of spears with bsb with battle banner and quite a bit of magic. My lord flew out and killed one of his two chariots. My magic was quite good and I depleted many of his units. My black guards (with asf banner) killed his swordmasters with lord in two turns (but not before the lord had killed 6 of them). My spearmen with assasin won over his spearmen with battle banner bsb (my assasin killed his bsb) and my hydra ate the other unit of swordmaster and some light cav. Then there was just some mopping up left.

Opponent's Army: Scaven

Summary: A scaven list with lots of diverters and a bell (that killed my rbt round one and then did almost nothing the rest of the game). Things looked pretty good in the begginning, but one turn ruined it all. Both my chariots broke. One of them killed off my hydra and went right into a stone, the other one survived. My black guard were also charged by the bell unit, 5 died to impact hits and the rest ran like little girls (and were run down). My crossbows with sorceress fled from a charge but failed to rally twise and fled the table. My dark riders then charged the rear of his bell unit but I miscast on two dice and he could cast a spell. He cast plague and I failed to displel on four dice. 3 of the dark riders died to spell and the rest died in the fighting. My spears with lors and assasin (only ten or so left after magic) also failed to break a clan rat unit on the last turn. I still got some points off him though so I only got a minor loss.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

updated again, TGA even though your points and battles was just increased, your score has stayed exactly the same (4.6 or something, so i rounded it up and kept it at 5).

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far and considering this thread and the new book are in their early days, we have already had a great number of submitted reports. I am sure once people have built their new armies the reports will be flying in!

Im planning on a few small games before i start college and my brother goes back to school, so i should get several reports to post up since i have pretty much got 2k of (unpainted) Druchii now

;)
Malekith's psychologist
Beastmaster
Location: can't u feel my breath on the back of ur neck?maybe the cold steel on ur throat gives u a clue

Post by Malekith's psychologist »

Username: Malekith's Psychologist
Game Size: 2500
Opponent's Army: Dwarves
Special Circumstances: Pitched battle
50-100 Word Summary: Basically i hate dwarfs and they are still a hard nut to crack for us...

Username: Malekith's Psychologist
Game Size: 2500
Opponent's Army: Dwarves
Special Circumstances: Pitched battle
50-100 Word Summary: Same as above, but i'm slowly getting the hang of it...
DiscipleOfKhaine said:
Im not saying that makes them unworthy of a model, Im just saying...that Malekith is the greatest elven king in the history of the world and I will never concede otherwise.
Vicinity
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vicinity »

Username: Vicinity
Game Size: 1000
Opponent's Army: VC
Special Circumstances: Pitched Battle
50-100 Word Summary: I fielded a non-magic infantry army vs his magic-heavy army. His magic was unsuccessful and only served, with raise dead, to get me into combat faster. There my Hydra, Black Guard and Witch Elves proved to much for him to handle.

50-100 Word Summary: Basically same setup as last game but with a bit more cavalry on both sides. I managed to catch his general in a unit of Ghouls with my Witch Elves and in the next turn charge him in the flank with my COK wiping the unit and making the army crumble.

50-100 Word Summary: In this one I too fielded a magic-heavy army with a lot of shooting and 2 units of Spearmen with an assassin each against his 4 powerful close combat units, due to my Dark Riders 2 of those units never made it into combat. 1 of them was shoot to pieces before reaching my, while the other one was caught chasing shadows. When he charged me with his general and his unit 1 of my assassins jumped out and killed the general, again weakening his army.
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

Username: Aspiring Executioner
Game Size: 1250
Opponent's Army: Beasts of Chaos
Special Circumstances: First Game with the new book!
50-100 Word Summary: I took Malus Darkblade in a unit of CoK with Standard of Hag Graef plus a typical Druchii force of shooting with a hint of chariots instead of RBT's. His Bray-Shaman rolled double 1's first turn and then rolled double 1's again for the miscast and killed himself making my RoH worthless now. All of his combat units got slaughtered by my Dark Elves particularly by my Knights. My DR surprised me by taking down a Tuskgor Chariot in combat.

Username: Aspiring Executioner
Game Size: 1250
Opponent's Army: Lizardmen
50-100 Word Summary: I took 2 units of 5 Knights this time, a Death Hag BSB with Standard of Hag Graef with 13 Executioners plus my normal core units of DR and Rxb's and my Master on chariot. The Death Hag was just simply brutal by doing 7 wounds to a Stegadon in one round of combat :twisted: . My Exec's butchered a unit of cold one riders while my Knights dominated the centre of the board by killing one unit of Saurus and about to kill another before we ran out of time. By the end he only had one unit of Saurus and his BSB. While I only lost a couple models from various units.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Fea keme
Trainee Warrior

Post by Fea keme »

Username: fea Keme
Special Circumstances: Our first game with 7th ed; my first game with DE; his first game against DE; I took 4 character slots with a hero on manticore (which is forbidden).
50-100 Word Summary: He went for the unstoppable Black Knights box with BSB with regeneration banner and a Vamp Hero, which I totally underestimated by chrging with 6 WE and 6 BG in the front and negating the ranks with DR in the rear. Even with the support of CoB I failed to wound anything, though my DR managed to roll 1-1 on the break test, and the stubborn BG would stand. Which, actually, saved a lot for me, because it halted the knights there.
The rest of his army, therefore, was quite weak against my hydra, DR, hero on manticore and magic (4th lvl and 2lvl; especially when I decreased the number of his spellcasters).
My Cold Ones were stupid two times in a row and failed to do anything worthy.

Main advice: avoid unstoppable BSB-regeneration boxes at all costs; go for the rank and file with vampires killing them via combat result.

Username: fea Keme
Game Size: 2300
50-100 Word Summary: He went for the unstoppable Black Guard box with BSB with regeneration banner and a Vamp Hero. After wiping out his whole army I underestimated the box again and charged it with: Hydra and BG in the flank; hero and Chariot on the other; DR in the rear. Front was spared by the Cold Ones being stupid. After this charge I managed to kill, if I remember correctly, one model.
5 Cold Ones wiped out a unit of 8 Black Knights in one turn after some difficult maneuvering.
I managed to do fairly well in magic phase with only two lvl 2 sorcs; although did nothing to prevent him from raising models.
I had only two shooting units, but for artillery purposes DR were much better. One of the 10 XBowmen served jolly well as a sacrificial unit for my sorc.

Main advice: avoid unstoppable BSB-regeneration boxes at all costs and charge them never; go for the rank and file with vampires killing them via combat result. =o)
7th ed record:
2-0-0
Fea keme
Trainee Warrior

Post by Fea keme »

By the way, I suggest adding the "main advice" or "the light" field to all the posts. Bet it would serve some good.
7th ed record:
2-0-0