Welcome to the D.net Battle Records 09 Season.

Post Battle Reports here for bragging rights...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Welcome to the D.net Battle Records 09 Season.

Post by Zardock »

Hello fellow D.netters. As we all know, Pyro has decided to take a back seat to the hobby and thus cannot hope to continously organise the entirety of the projects he had under his command.

The original thread can be found here

As such I have taken over this small task. To those wishing to beging Participating then do not fear I will have the rules of the 'league' here in this new post to allow more people to enter and begin playing. To the veterans returning for another 'season of slaughter' I hope that you will accept my taking over of this task and I will ensure that it is updated frequently and may in the future be adding more to it to spice things up.

Anyway without further ado....

Welcome to The Druchii Battle Records

This thread is a place for you to submit a summary form of any battle you have played using the Druchii. You can submit any battle but a summary is required to make sure your not making up the battle. To submit a game simply follow the instructions below and you will be awarded points towards your score. Anyone who has submitted a game gets their name on the Masters of The Druchii leaderboard below.

If your wondering what the point behind this is, it is simple. The Druchii Battle Records will become both a collections of battles members have played which they can browse through at a later time to locate old games. More importantly, it lets us see who the real master of the Druchii are, as they will have their names at the top of the leaderboard.

----------

You can only submit records for games you played with the Dark Elves, as we dont want the thread cluttered up with results from games where you played with one of the lesser races, especially if it was our hated kin. The idea is to record the best Druchii players, so Dark Elves only please.

In order to report a battle you must use the following form:

Username: This is where you fill in your username and make it easier for the updater to update your score.
Result: This is where you fill in the result you scored. We're only counting Wins, Draws and Losses (so it doesn't matter whether you massacre someone or merely score a minor victory).
Game Size: The point allowance you had to field your army at the start of the game.
Opponent's Army: Who are you fighting against? Knowing your enemy is half the battle. Pretty self explanatory, huh?
Special Circumstances: If the battle was a special scenario, team battle or megabattle of some sort, state those special circumstances here.
Summary: Type a short summary of the battle, recommended at about 50-100 words. This is to make sure that your are not making up your battles just to show off on the internet and really are a master of the druchii.

The following code can be copy-pasted your post:

code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Result:[/b]
[b]Game Size:[/b]
[b]Opponent's Army:[/b]
[b]Special Circumstances:[/b]
[b]50-100 Word Summary:[/b]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simply submit a reply with that information as described above, and i will do the rest. Good luck!

The Points System
points will be awarded in the following way, and kept up to date in this thread. As you can see, you do not get points if you lost but you will still get one point for submitting the battle, and you will in total get 4 points for submitting a draw and 6 points for submitting a victory. Each person who replies will get their own tally below.

+ 1 point - submitting a report
+ 0 points - loss
+ 3 points - draw
+ 5 points - win

--------------------------------------------------------

The above is Pyro's rule system and we will be following it for the time being and as such the current ladder stats are still in effect.

--------------------------------------------------------

I hope that you will enjoy this season of the Battle Records and may 09 reap many a reward for our conquering hordes!!

-All credit for Rules and Initial Organisation to Pyro-

Cheers and Happy Gaming

Zardock.
Last edited by Zardock on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Username: Cathel
Result: Win
Game Size: 1250
Opponent's Army: Dwarves
Special Circumstances: None
50-100 Word Summary: Something completely new from him: not a single warmachine! 2x10 thunderers, a gyrocopter, 20 slayers, warriors and ironbreakers. I did not bring a Hydra, so his slayers were missing their intended target. Also some of my troops were missing theirs, since I thought to be warmachine hunting.
The battle went not as well as I expected, both reapers were missing much more than they hit. 3 failed stupidity rolls in 6 rounds. Execs were running away after receiving three casualties.
My shades, deployed close to his lines in a wood ran of one of his thunderer units. DR killed the second one. The gyrocopter fell victim to the harpies, though it took some time.
The slayers got shot too below half strength by DR and shades.
I lost three crew from the reapers, three execs and 5 harpies as well as 2 COK and a unit of DR.
Lessons learned:
Don't fear the gyrocopter, I took three rounds before I dared to charge him with a unit of harpies and it was not that difficult to win.

Opponent's Army: Ogres
50-100 Word Summary: He had 2*2 leadbelcher, 20 gnoblars, a unit of 4 bulls, a unit of 3 bulls and a unit of 5 bulls with butcher, 2 bruisers and a gorger.
He set up his leadbelchers on both flanks to counter my DR, gnoblars advanced behind a wood and the rest setup covered the open middle ground.
My biggest mistake was to have my sorceress not attached to a unit. In the first round she suffered from the double brace of handguns on his bruisers. Later on she hid behind the witches having lOS to targets and being coverd vs. shooting.
The gnoblars were lucky in receiving very little damage from my shades shooting. DR advanced 5" so that the leadbelchers could not come into firing range. Down the middle my Hydra, COK and witches advanced. Manti noble flew to a position where he could charge but not take fire from the LB.
His Leadbelchers died without causing any damage, the one unit firing at my hydra, exploding one of them. The other unit fled after two rounds of DR shooting. Gnoblars panicked and overran my shades in third round.
Manticore went frenzy and charged the three bull unit off, which panicked his big block.
Hydra charged his two bruiser unit coupled with the witches. The ladies let me down, not a single poison hit.
The ogre middle died nevertheless completely to my massed assault.
Gnoblars died to a DR charge in the last round.
His Gorger only came on in round 4, charged my hydra in five and was rearcharged by my cok in six.
At the end not a single Ogre was left.
Magic did not do much the whole game over.

Note to self: Don't take execs or witches, in 4 games I never scored a poison hit or killing blow. They just don't work for me.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Mekhet
Warrior

Post by Mekhet »

Username: Mek'het
Game Size: 3000 points
Opponent's Army: Slaneshi Warriors of Chaos
Special Circumstances: Me 1500 druchii, friend 1500 lizzies against 3000 points of Warriors of chaos leaded by sigvald
50-100 Word Summary: The thing I hate was the skink/priest/sallies heavy thing my friend called a friendly list with barely 2 units of saurus warriors. At least I didn't took anything shooty/magicy? . But, I learned to love those harpies in that game, our opponent got the first turn and marched full speed toward us. I sent the flying ones 1" short at them blocking it which lured a chariot mounted hero of khorne which got slaughtered by both blocks of saurus warriors. I combo charged the Chosen block that had both his sorcerer Lord and Sigvald (that man is a tough one,he wiped out my front rank all by himself!) with hydra(flank), a full spear elves unit(front) + a unit of shades boosted by an assassin (rear) and ran them down. Also, I sacrificed my KB-master (master deathpiercer manti) to save my friend's life, blocking our left flank from us and him for 4 turns. Lastly I laughed so hard as the slannesh sorcerer put the frenzy spell thing on the little skinks forcing them to charge a big unit of 10 menacing chosen with the +1A gift. Our opponent conceded when I gang banged his unit with Sigvald & his Sorcerer lord.
New ed Druchii record: 3 Wins / 1 Draw / 0 lost / 2 wins given by the Dice Gods
Total game played and recorded 6.
Coeur de lion
Slave (off the Altar)

Mixed results!

Post by Coeur de lion »

Username: Coeur de Lion
Game Size: 2250
Opponent's Army: Vampire Counts
50-100 Word Summary:
Took Lokhir and his corsairs along with CoB. Destroyed Black Coach with Assassin and Rending Stars in turn 1, BG held up BSB skeleton block and Black Knights while frnezied corsairs + Hydra destroyed his Grave Guard. He was too cautious with banshees and all that was left of his was 1 necro and ethereals at the end. A nice massacre to DE!

Username: Coeur de Lion
Result: Loss
Game Size: 2250
Opponent's Army: High Elves
50-100 Word Summary:
Tried out Shadowblade, but he was disappointing. He was there to kill mages, but all were mounted. My sorceresses had a terrible game, one of them in particular failing to cast PoD 3 turns in a row even with the dagger, and miscasting twice on other spells. I totally owned close combat, but the inability to get rid of his mages came back to haunt me in turn 6 after he snipered my Hotek bearer with the #1 lore of metal spell. A loss in the end by a mere 15pts despite only my Hydra and Shadowblade remaining at full wounds.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date, I should be able to start adding my games to this list once I've settled in at uni and found a gaming club to join.

Zardock (Group 27)

Fuzzydeath
Cold One Knight

Post by Fuzzydeath »

Username fuzzydeath
Game Size: 3000
Opponent: Dwarves and High Elves
Special Circumstances: 4 player game, each player bringing 1500 points. Dwarves and High Elves vs Dark Elves and Lizardmen
Summary:
1500 points worth of dwarven gunline coupled with 1500 points of dragon, mage, and chariots. Didn't help that my teammate sunk 600+ points into a giant cold one cav unit that spent the entire game inside our deployment zone hiding from chariots and cannonfire. My DR unit was the only one to survive the hail of lead to charge the dwarves, and amazingly enough I broke a line of thunderers and blew thru to a cannon. My teammate's enormous swarm of skink bushwackers did manage to poison the dragon to death. My Bolt Throwers were completely useless in trying to counterfire on enemy artillery, unable to eliminate even a single cannon or crew whether I tried single S6 or the multple S4s.
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

@fuzzydeath: Counter battery fire seldom works, randomizing and worst case (i.e. dwarves) shooting at entrenched pieces. Let groundpounders do the work.

Result: Draw
Opponent's Army: Warriors of Chaos, Nurgle
50-100 Word Summary:
I brought 2*5 DR, 2*5 COK, 15BG, 1 Hydra, 2 lv 2 sorcs and a master. He had 1 hero, 1 Mage, 5 knights, 20 warriors, 20 barbarians, 5 barbarian riders.
The result was a lucky draw for me since the dice rolls all over the battle were average. Him rolling 5 & 6 on AS, me rolling 1's (mostly on unmodified rolls for COK). My high rolls were the ones for leadership :(
Apart from the that I made an early mistake which cost me 1 sorc in round 2. His knights never saw combat, his foot barbarians held of my hydra for 3 rounds.
Due to stupidity cok got charged in the flank by 3 remaining Barbarian riders. They could not kill a single one in three rounds and failed two (!) saves on 2+ in the first round.
On the good side he burned both dispel scrolls in round one and even so some spells went home.
The whole time I was avoiding his knight unit, because my Hydra was tied up and I only could single charge them frontally. A sure recipe for disaster.

I lost all DR, COK, 1 sorc. He lost both barbarian units and a single knight to flaming breath. In the end 1 quarter and two captured standards saved me from losing.

Lessons learned:
Two sorcs in 1250 are brutal, even though I lost one in turn two, the other performed well and got spells through. If only the second were still around...
The error that caused me to lose 5 DR and a sorc. Bad positioning, my mind was of duty, I feared a frontal charge from his riders, got out of his charge angle and got charged by 20 warriors, which caused me to run of the table. Frontal charge would have had me fleeing back to my deployment zone.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
Men run naked - Asrai
The skaerkrow
Noble

Post by The skaerkrow »

Username: SkaerKrow
Result: Draw
Game Size: 2,250
Opponent's Army: Bretonnia
50-100 Word Summary: Opposing army was composed almost entirely of Knights, with a large unit of skirmishing Bowmen and two units of Yeoman in support. My early magic phase (6 Levels + Darkstar Cloak + Power Stone) was entirely ineffective, and my two RBTs went down fairly early without doing much. My army was surprisingly resilient in combat however, and my Manticore did quite a bit of damage before suffering Killing Blow from a Pegasus mounted Paladin with the appropriate Virtue. A well-timed casting of Soul Stealer also allowed a unit of Warriors and a counter-charging Chariot to see off the charge of a unit of Knights of the Realm. The battle looked as if it was going to go against me, but by the end I had captured enough standards (6) and earned enough bonus points (1 Table Quarter and 1 General Kill) to pull it to a draw.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Up to date !!!! =D Still no Opponents for me atm, plus in a month I move to University so not sure if I'll have time to get started on remodelling the ol' army and playing again.

Zardock (Group 27)

The skaerkrow
Noble

Post by The skaerkrow »

Username: SkaerKrow
Result: Minor Victory
Opponent's Army: Wood Elves
Special Circumstances: My opponent had no Treeman? :shock:
50-100 Word Summary: Opposing army featured 40 Glade Guard, 12 Waywatchers, 16 Wardancers, 6 Wild Riders, an Alter Noble, a Wardancer Highborn and two Spellsingers. His opening round of shooting killed 5 Dark Riders between two units, eliminated a Bolt Thrower crew and put two wounds on my Hydra. My whole army got shot to pieces on the way in, and I ended up losing the Master off of my Manticore by turn 3, at which time both of my Chariots were knocked down to one wound. Turns 4-6 went more in my favor as I was able to get my Manticore and Chariots into combat, both of which caused some serious damage. On the final turn of the game his Wild Riders charged my Hydra head on, inflicted no wounds and were killed to a man. I used Bladewind to finish off the Wardancers with his Highborn, and the depleted units of Dark Riders that I still had on the table put two wounds on the Highborn with his shooting. I expected the game to end in a draw, but at final tally I had actually pulled off a narrow (550) victory.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Username: Layne
Result: Solid Victorinox
Game Size: 1500pts
Opponent's Army: Bretonnians
Special Circumstances: I won
Summary: I forgot Hatred, he forgot Pegasi have 2 attacks. Shades had nowhere worthwhile to deploy, Cauldron was unexpectedly ineffective [possibly because of forgetting Hatred] Cold One Knights killed everyone. Sorceress destroyed four KotR with one Doombolt of Doom. She should have been able to convince Arnazipal to suck an entire unit of Men at Sharp Sticks and Chickens into the Warp but she failed to mention that she had a Power Stone. I won because those osome COK captured three banners.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Apologies for the delay with one or two of these, I hope to be adding at least one a week going forward...

Username: 22over7
Result: LOSS
Game Size: 1,000
Opponent's Army: Lizardmen
Special Circumstances: My first 7ed game (after 15yrs out)
50-100 Word Summary: It was very much "a find my feet" game. The key take aways were that I lost my shades to (and gained respect for) Salamanders. My Coldone Chariot with general was stupid for three turns early on. My opponent had a disasterous magic phase micasting nearly every turn. I let myself get outflanked, but did learn how effective harpies were against soft targets in combat. I should have sent them against the skink mages, before throwing them away to Saurus.
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Result: WIN
Game Size: 1,500
Opponent's Army: Lizardmen
Special Circumstances: Different opponent from the last, but a similar build.
50-100 Word Summary: I was very lucky with the dice and with my lessons from my previous encounter against lizards, I took more of a combat focused army. My Dark Riders were very effective at holding my flank and my CoKs and Hydra decimated his right flank (Crox, Skinks and Salamanders). The Black Guard were also very effective in the centre. Embarrassingly (due to some very lucky dice rolling) my opponent was entirely wiped out by turn 5 and I had only lost a few BGs and some harpies. :oops:
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Result: marginal victory to me but we agreed on a DRAW
Game Size: 1,500
Opponent's Army: Warriors of Chaos
50-100 Word Summary: I made several tactical blunders and my opponent had some terrible leadership results go against him. I charged his spawn with my CoKs, but as it was a special character it challenged and I had to accept. This tied up a key unit for the first half of the game. I also perhaps held my Black Guard back too long, once they did get in the game they were very effective. The worst was that I had my crossbow elves (and one of my sorceresses) run down after a flank charge from a wizard on a disk :(. I should have seperated them in anticipation.
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Game Size: 2,000
Opponent's Army: Wood Elves
50-100 Word Summary: There were quite a few surprises in this game which I think I would hopefully deal with better in future. My opponent, being experienced was kind enough to give me a thorough debrief, I needed it. Arguably I deployed too thin and I really missed the speed and hit of the CoKs (I dropped them for this game for some reason). My hydra had some terrible saving throws and got shot to pieces. My assassin managed to get into base to base contact with his BSB (in a unit) and believing that by challenging I would be avoiding attacks back from RnF, I challenged :(, only to be told I would now need 6s to hit, I won't do that again! I forgot about the Black Staff twice and again had a unit fail to rally with one of my sorceresses. Going forward I will deploy them with a unit but then seperate first turn, promise. By turn 6, I only had one unit of crossbows, but did have my Cauldron BSB, my general and another wizard, so whilst it looked like a massacre it wasn't as bad as that.
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Result: LOSS (but on counting up it was far closer than either of us initially thought)
Opponent's Army: Tomb Kings
50-100 Word Summary: I quickly found out that the rules for this game were going to be very different, no rolling for spells, keep moving, shooting, attacking, healing... always hit on 5+ with bows. A very informative game. In retrospect I would have played it very differently. My DRs held back and then got tied up with his fast cav and chariots, which just kept moving and moving. I think given how flimsy the skeletel knights were I would have been far better getting my DRs into close combat, benefitting from haterd and crumbling them. My hydra was very impressive against chariots, scorpions and undead ogres. The two biggest dissappointments of the game were 1) my CoKs overan to just infront of V Difficult terrain and then were stupid at a key point of the game, meaning they couldn't get into combat. And 2) on the final turn I killed the hyrophant and saw vast chunks of his army dissappear, if I had have known that I would have tried harder at it from the start. Oh well you live and learn!
When a young Malekith failed to complete his maths homework, Morathi was overheard saying to his friends "He's not the future Pheonix King, he's a very naughty boy".

DE 7ed W6/D3/L6
Camaris
Black Guard

Post by Camaris »

Username: camaris
Result: win
Opponent's Army: WOC, DOC
Special Circumstances: Team game: VC and DE vs WOC and DOC

Summarry: I had a magic heavy msu style list (8 levels of magic and an unkillable BSB), while my ally had a character/blood knight heavy VC army.(Dragonlord, 10 blood knights w/ bsb, corpse cart, coach, ghouls) Our opponents had a Tzentch heavy daemon army(Lord of Change, horrors, 12 flamers, heralds on disk, and don't forget the flesh hounds supported by the annoying 'all de mages take -2 to cast' BSB); the other opposing army was a fast Dragon WOC list with 4 levels of Tzench disk magic to support. Our opponents secret strategy was to take forever to make their lists resulting in me and my ally taking too many shots of Taquila, resulting in an interesting first turn, since we decided to do an epic battle between the dragon lords; thankfully, the carstein ring and nearby war hydra saved our butts, the carstein ring by ressurecting the vamp lord, and the war hydra by passing approximately five regen saves every turn resulting in the chaos lord's eventual demise. We did, however, do some things right such as tying up the flamers early on with the unkillable bsb and shades, using the black coach to suck my mages useless powerdie, and using DR teams to funnel the chaos army into a narrow gap provided by difficult terrain. Thankfully, we had sobered up a little by turn 3 when the main combat was about to occur, allowing us to stage an excellent magic phase by isolating the uber flesh hound unit from the rest of the army by spawning zombie hordes and then combo charging hounds with blood knight and COKs. Once the flesh hounds and their annoying BSB were gone, my magic phase's true ungodliness became revealed, since I killed hordes of horrors and knights, while the blood knights continued their inexorable charge of doom while being supported by my MSU units. Since our opponents did not want to see the massacre of their precious Lord of Change, who had been renamed Barack Obama by the VC and DE, they decided to concede.
Sirius dragonbrood
Corsair

Post by Sirius dragonbrood »

Username: Sirius Dragonbrood
Result: draw
Game Size: 750 pts
Opponent's Army: Orcs
Special Circumstances: -
50-100 Word Summary: My elves outnumbred the orcs, as an unusual twist, taking on 22 buguns, 21 boyz, Bchariot, shaman, Black Orc general. He was fantastic at rolling 6's for animosity, his biguns charged my rxbs in their building 1" from my deployment in 2nd turn, routing them but leaving 5 in the unit, which rallien in my 2nd turn and proceeded to shoot the orcs in the back as they attacked the rest of my army. I made a bad move with my knights that got them charged by boyz, the Bchariot failing to join because of fear. The knights lost combat and fled, failed to rally next turn and left the table. spears+general eventually ran chariot off table, but not before I forgot that Chariots cause impact hits while fleeing, and put my last 3 Harpies in the way to extend the flee distance. serves me right for rules lawering
Vote 1 Druchii!
Why vote for the lesser evil?
The skaerkrow
Noble

Post by The skaerkrow »

Username: The SkaerKrow
50-100 Word Summary: Frenzied Chaos Knights ripped apart most of my army early on. I had set up a couple of combination charges with Chariots, but Stupidity prevented each one from happening. None of my spells went off, despite the fact that my opponent only had middling magic defense. While my opponent definitely played a sound game, my risk vs. reward strategies all proved risky with no reward.
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Special Circumstances: None (opponent acknowledged at the outset that he was playing a strong build, I was using what I deemed a friendly build).
50-100 Word Summary: I got myself in a complete mess with the deployment and my Coldones were stupid and out of the game for 3 turns. We had to finish early but I was out classed in combat, magic and manouverability. I did realise how soft Marauder Horsemen were and how difficult to kill Chaos Knights are, I had c10 hits all with killing blow from the Cauldron, none wounded :(. The magic phase was a good lesson in managing dispell dice to play the odds.
When a young Malekith failed to complete his maths homework, Morathi was overheard saying to his friends "He's not the future Pheonix King, he's a very naughty boy".

DE 7ed W6/D3/L6
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Result: DRAW
Opponent's Army: Empire
50-100 Word Summary: This was turning out to be an interesting game, unfortunately we had to finish early and called it a draw. My Dark Riders had successfully dominated the right flank, killing pistolliers, cannon crew and ending up in combat with one of his 9 man detachment units. On the left flank I managed to charge his flagellants with my 7 man black guard and RoK Assassin (blessed with +1A) the hydra also attacked the flank of this unit. The Black Guard and Assassin managed to kill 20, the hydra didn't even get to roll. In the centre he still had two big units of infantry and a unit of heavy cavalry and the "pope mobile". A rematch is due.

DE 7ed W6/D3/L6
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Game Size: 1,250
Special Circumstances: Campaign Rules (1 Special, 1 Lord, no Rare and only 1 magic user)
50-100 Word Summary: Two very small forces faced off. WoC player had 5 Chaos Knights, 2x5 Marauders on horses, 6 Chaos Hounds, a hero on a horse and a Lvl 4 on a Manticore. I had 3x5 DRs, 2x6 Harpies a Lvl4 on a Peg, a hero on a horse and 5 CoKs, very similar in structure. I went first and his Marauders and Hounds were easy pickings for the DRs. He was unlucky with his magic phases and after the light troops had gone my shooting and magic turned on his soft General. My Coks were outclassed in combat against the Chaos Knights and unfortunately I made some silly mistakes with this. They were Khorne and looking back I could very easily have gotten a flank charge with my CoKs using my DRs as bait. In the end it was a very close game.

DE 7ed W6/D3/L6
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Username: cat-the-odd
Result:LOSS
Game Size: 650P
Opponent's Army: Greenskins
50-100 Word Summary: Little things matter much in such small games. An early green foot effectively took out my shades and my Sorceress blew herself up in my second turn. I mad a mistake with my DR, forgetting that buildings can be entered by infantry, being not attackable by them. After all I got my opponent scared about Black Horror and the tiny warbanner in a Block warriors for surprise.

Username: cat-the-odd
Game Size: 650P
Opponent's Army: Greenskins
Special Circumstances: Replay (Hordes advance)
50-100 Word Summary: The rematch went better for me. His deployment zone was my former deployment zone, facing the land thereafter. I classically shot some rank bonusses off the Orc block and finished them off. I think he was in a bad mood, so he did not use the Goblins (except for being a taxi for the shaman).

CATR
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
22over7
Dark Rider

Post by 22over7 »

Result: DRAW
Game Size: 1,250
Opponent's Army: Empire
Special Circumstances: Campaign (only one magic user, only 2 special only 2 heros no rare)
50-100 Word Summary: After the first few turns it looked like I was going to get severely beaten. I went first and miscast Black Horror allowing him to panic one of my DR units. His shooting then crippled another 2 units. His cannon was largely ineffective and as soon as my (buffed from the cauldron) Blackguard made it into combat, the tables turned a little. Given KB and threatening to overrun into his heavy cav unit, he fled as a reaction and then failed to rally. I also managed to cast Black Horror twice more on large unit blocks and at the end of turn 5 we decided on a draw.

DE 7ed W6/D3/L6
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

Result: Win (Massacre)
Opponent's Army: Asur
50-100 Word Summary:
I brought 2*5 DR, 5 COK, 9BG, 1 Hydra, 5 shades, 2 lv 2 sorcs and an assassin (manbane, RoK, twilight cloak). He had 1 dragon mage, 5 dragon princes, 15 warriors, 15 phoenix guards, 8 shadow warriors and 7 swordmasters.

First round he marched everything forward, magic killed one BG. I also marched forward, shooting from shades and Hydra killed 12 of his 15 warriors, due to the reroll they stood firm. On his second turn his DP charged my BG frontally, due to BoHG I went first and killed them all!
The dragon charged my COK, which held and dealt a wound to the mage.
PG and warriors wheeled to face hydra / shades respectively.
After that I charged the PG with DR to the front and BG to the flank, which was like 1/4" short. DR lost and fled of the board. The assassin threw of his disguise, moved and then "cloaked" into the dragon, much to the surprise of my opponent. There he slew the mage and put 2 wounds on the dragon.
Hydra charged PG, lost due to muso and fled, but was not caught luckily. It got charged next round by the remaining two sm, fled back next to the PG.
Shadow warriors killed my sorc, DR unit was to close to the wood. Champ challenged and killed her. DR slew them in return.
The PG lost one man to soul stealer, and the unit was reduced to ashes by the Hydra. Only one did rise again, low performance for a Phoenix unit ;)

Some cleaning up and only DE were left: Massacre, Praise to Khaine!

Best kill ratio was by the assassin, his first round saw the mage dead and the dragon loosing some of his wounds, second round the dragon was dead. Later on he showed his amazing skills to 2 remaining swordmasters.
I lost 1 unit and one DR, 4 COK, 1 sorc, 1 BG. He lost everything.

Lessons learned:
I again lost my mounted sorc to a cc attack (shadow warriors this time). I need to be more careful with her.
Due to high LD and the reroll on psychology it's difficult to see off HE units by magic/shooting.
Men run naked - Asrai