1000 Points Tournament List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sadisticity
Executioner

1000 Points Tournament List

Post by Sadisticity »

Competitive environment and there will be Cheddar Cheese, Blue Cheese, Morzerella Cheese and Parmesan Cheese. A 1000 points Newbie tournament (Considering I've not taken part in any tournaments) but I expect lots of iffy stuff so I would like to put Dark Elves in the Limelight.
I heard I am the only Dark Elf Army taking part in the Tournament.

Do Unto others before others do unto you. The way of the Druchii. :D

Hero

Master (Mounted on Cold One)
- Lance
- Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak
- Pendant of Kaeleth

Attached to CoK and they will be running around the board devesating stuff.

Core

5 Harpies

March Blockers, rear flank charges and cheap & mobile sacrifical unit if required.

5 Dark Riders
- Equipped with Repeater Crossbows

Take out light infantry and other fast calvery or weak mobile units that could flank me.

10 Black Ark Corsairs

Some melee support. Will only move in after a few turns to flank and support warriors.

15 Dark Elf Warriors
- Shields

The Anvil

Special

5 Cold One Knights
- Full Command (Standard of Slaughter)
- Ring of Hotek (Dread Knight)

The Hammer and double up as an anti-magic unit.

Rare

War Hydra

Self Explanatory :D

Might consider dropping the Standard of Slaughter for a Dispel Scroll. Comments and advices are greatly appreciated.
Auere
Noble

Post by Auere »

I have some suggestions. The list is fine as it is, but if I were to play it, I would like the following changes:

- I would give the master sword of might instead of the lance. You need something to kill etherals and magic attacks are always useful against f.x. forest spirits. I would also give him a dark steed instead of Cold One. You can both deploy him with infantry and knights or have him run solo to hunt war maschines or skirmishers. M9 instead of M7 is really the difference here!

- I like DR better without crossbows. Its a matter of taste, but they seem more effective for me at only 85 points.

- 10 corsairs are not worth it, IMO. You would do better with 10 RxB with shields and musician.

- If you could get the spearmen to 20 with a warbanner, it would be SOO much better!

- I like CoK naked at 135 points. I usually try to squeeze in 2x5 at 1000 points - but you cant have it all. You CoK regiment packs a good punch as it is, especially if joined by the master.
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

I disagree with Auere. keep the crossbows on your dark riders, and use them as march-blockers while harassing weaker infantry.
my only real fear for this army in a noob tournament is that your army relies on those CoK. if they get tied down, go stupid, or get killed by a stronger unit, you're boned. be careful about that.
I am a proud member of The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Sirenis Helbane (Group 35)
WS:4 S:4 T:2 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Draich, Dagger (Combat).
Skills: Basic Heal
Sadisticity
Executioner

Post by Sadisticity »

I might considering dropping the Corsairs but I need the Anti-magic hence the Ring of Hotek. Unless there is a better anti-magic option for a 1000 points list?

Agrred for the spearman, I need an Anvil.

Master on Steed is definately more fragile.

IMO for smaller games, instead of trying to squeeze in as many units as possible, I foresee people tooling up their lords with powerful amour, weapons and magic supported by cheaper troops. Hence, attempting to cheese up the master.
Scyloc
Noble

Post by Scyloc »

I would recommend the master on DS with sword of might. Because he brings reliability which you lack in the current army. I would not run him in the CoK unit. He can easily support the CoKs solo.

If your CoKs go stupid at the wrong time (which will happend 1/6 of the time), they are reduced to simple paperweights. Banner is strong, but a gamble.

He is a fraction more fragile, but at 1000 points nothing will harm him anyway.

I would definately switch your corsairs for crossbows.

Crossbows or not on DRs is a matter of choice. Either way i would recommend a musicion for them.

Good luck in the tourney. The hydra in 1000 points is very strong and gives you a very good chance against almost anyone. Just watch out for SCR. Its the most likely way for him to die.